rear spring re-location kits.

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
i'm thinking of getting a spring re-location kit on my 74 swinger. just wondering how much work there is to do. also wondering if it puts my springs under the frame rail or on the inside of it?

The 3" relocation kits puts the rear springs under the frame rails. They're a bit of work as the frame needs to be cut and the front hangars welded into the frame.
But the big question is why you want to do this. You didn't make any mention of mini-tubbing the rear wheelwells. There's no benefit to moving the springs this much if you're not going to at least mini-tub and put big rubber under the back.
I'm sure you'll find pics, instructions, etc., on other threads with a bit of searching.

didn't know that i would have to do a mini tub. the reason i wanted to move the springs was for bigger rubber. 255's don't hook up so well

The 3/4" relocation lets you use the entire existing wheelhouse.

The Frame relocation is good if you decide to go very big in conjunction with a minitub.

The spring is you first point of interference in the well.

You will not get a much bigger tire than a 255 in the well of a Dart unless you mini tub it.

With just the springs mover in and the fender lip rolled in with just the right off set rim on there you may be able to fit a 275 in there. But the wheel well is going to be in the way of getting any thing bigger in there.

You will not get a much bigger tire than a 255 in the well of a Dart unless you mini tub it.

With just the springs mover in and the fender lip rolled in with just the right off set rim on there you may be able to fit a 275 in there. But the wheel well is going to be in the way of getting any thing bigger in there.
Burntorange70: You are absolutely right. Big rubber means mini tubbing or full tubs.

i guess i could always go with a 255 m/t drag radial. Do they hook up well? I will be running a 408 with about 450 horse and another 150-200 spray

i guess i could always go with a 255 m/t drag radial. Do they hook up well? I will be running a 408 with about 450 horse and another 150-200 spray
I have both..M/T drag radials and M/T slicks.The slicks are better for traction in my opinion,just can,t drive on the street with them! Stroked 340(372)pushing 452hp with a 4 speed!

you don't HAVE to mini tub. i did mine and later on plan on mini tubing but as for now, i have the ability to stuff more rubber back there with stock tubs. I run a 245/60/15 on a stock 15x7 rim and there's plenty of room. i say go for it!!

i have a great set of rims and tires for you...centerlines 5x4..m&h tires..they were on my 69 dart...fit mint...

There was a guy in one of the Mopar mags with a 560 HP 408 Duster that ran 11.40's @ 117MPH on a set of 23560/15 M/T street radials.

MA June 07

-
Back