recommendation on 4-post lift

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone have any recommendation on a 4-post storage lift? there are several advertised, and am looking for opinions. looks like you can get chineeze for around 2000.00 or American for 3000.00. I would prefer to but American, but not sure if its necessary in this case.

I looked into lots of lifts i bought a backyard buddy lift made in ohio powdercoated and a real nice piece. Built heavier than most and safer. You can find videos of pros and cons on their web site

Hey Dan, whatever you decide on, I would definitely check your local Craigslist. I have seen some good deals there, just keep watchin, a bargain will eventually pop up.

LOL. My neighbor, who's doing the bodywork/ paint on my 67, is 'heading towards' 50, and admitted he's jealous of my (2 post) hoist. He's resolved to get a lift of his own. Asymmetric 2 post in his case)

My hoist was some of the best money I've ever spent.

(I do realize you are looking for a 4 post)

id9n5w.jpg

I tried to buy American as well but could not justify the price difference. I went with the atlas garage pro 9k from Greg Smith. I am very happy with it.

I have an original 22 year old auto-lifter. Very happy with it. It was US made, but they went out with Chinese competition. The Greg Smith is very close in design, a knock off. I think I paid $2300 delivered with drip pans, jack bridge, casters, jack lever, and chocks. The 1/4" steel shipping end plates, were made into a second set of ramps for drive thru.

I have 2 lifts and the first one I bought is a double lift and is made in the US. The second one is ramps made in china and the rest is locally made at a company called Ken Nan. It doesn't seem right that it is cheaper to make them in china and ship them here for cheaper. Both hoists have been trouble free but the second hoist was 30% cheaper, it can lift 6 inch's higher and the ramps are 16" longer. First pic is the double park and the second pic is the local hoist.

Attachments

• lifts.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 459
  • double gar lift.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 374
I have a CyTech double park lift made in Kansas. Have had 15 years, damn time flys, no problems but learned a lot after I bought it.

Many friends bought them after me and I made suggestions that they got built in theirs.

Checked and looks like they may be out of business.

Tony Fields has lifts bought from Greg Smith and work as well as mine and were much cheaper. Big difference mine is red and gray, his is black. Quality looks about the same.

I do plan on getting another and will get from Greg Smith or Complete Hydulics in Franklin, indiana

Make sure you get what you want/need, mine is 7,000 and the runners are 13' long. So I cannot put my truck on it. Had I known better would have upped the weight limit and the length so the truck could go on it.

I have a 9,000 lb two post from direct lift. Bought it slightly used for $900 and it works great.

I paid $2200.00 for my Eagle lift last summer. Price included delivery and installation. In talking with the installer he indicated there is little to no difference between most 4 post lifts made today. If I understood correctly, the Eagle and Direct lifts are made the same just painted a different color. I have used this lift a lot since it was installed and love it. Good luck with your purchase.

I have a Bendpak 9000XW.(9000 lbs extra long, extra high)
I can park a full size pickup underneath it when necessary and it is long enough for my Dodge club cab long box diesel pickup to fit comfortably.
Also Bendpak hoists can be levelled to accommodate an uneven floor without having to resort to shims under the legs. I am really happy with it. You do need an air source for lowering it, which might be a problem if you aren't set up for it.

Anyone heard anything about Forward 4 post lifts(good/bad)? According to the sales man Forward is supposed to be built heavier than most other lifts...cost alittle more also. I am looking at model EFP9 9k...& that will be heavy enough to lift my classic cars along w/my truck...Dodge Ram w/v10...Any inputs welcome. Thanks.

-
Back