reguarding a junior member!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHARGER1969

Reaction score
i posted a want ad for a lower control arm for a 65 barracuda with the attachment for
a sway bar. i got a reply from hemi71x. he said he had one and wanted $150+$25 shipping for one control arm. i wanted a pic and he sent me a reply with a set he was selling on e-gag. he wanted $240 buy it now for 2 of them. i wanted ONE and he wanted $175 total for one, what a ripoff. the only thing that pissed me off was the reply he sent to a person that had a question about the price. the person offered him a offer and he "quote"
Q: ok $ 160.00 not,really what i can do is $200.00 + shipping thats the highest i can go..we can do this first thing in the morning threw PAY PAL,but thats as high as i can go seriously.if you think about it you are having a hard time selling this puppies...think about it and let me know. a.s.a.p..pay pal tomorrow.Jan-21-10A: 71deamon. You are a shopper, tire kicker, lo baller, look-e-loo. Go look elsewhere for parts, and not bother me again. Go find someone else that has them, especially in the condition that mine are in. I don't have to explain to you what everything cost's to do business, what my labor time costs me, what listing fees are, final falue listing fees, Pal Pal fees, all that crap has to be borne by someone to stay in business. So what if i don't sell someting this week or next week, Doesn't bother me at all. Everything sells at one time or another. I always have overseas buyers for parts. Then you tell be why i sent a pair of LCA's to a buyer in Finland yesterday and cost the guy more in shipping than the part cost. The A body guys are the bottom of the food chain when it comes to parts and are always broke. If you can't afford it, look for something else to do.
he told the buyer A body guys are the bottom of the food chain. well, he is a member of forabodiesonly.com. there was no need to reply to a question like he did. that was just plain ignorant!

Wow... He as every right to stand his ground on his price, and of course he could respectfully decline to even give an explanation. But that response... What a douchecanoe. F that guy, let him rot with those parts.

Hey hemi71x...The only reason some of us don't own e/b bodys is cause all the spoiled rich brat silver spooner's bought them up, and then the lucky ones bought the rest that those spoiled rich brat silver spooners missed out on.

hemi71x....The only thing broken is your brain.

I pass these jerks all the time...slow *** cars compared to my valiant.

How about posting a link to that auction...
C

Actually, I own an A body because it's a cool car. Even that aside, that responce was way out of line, now you know not to do business with him.(or her)

I hate when someone tries to tell me my price is to high or Im gonna have a hard time getting the price I am asking, just make an offer and move on.

i would personally ban this person from our club. we don't need dickheads like this. that's just my opion. jeff

Ahhh. Tough guy behind a keyboard. You know this guy would never say this to someones face. I hate chicken s%$ts like this. This guy will eventually get what he deserves.

If there's one thing I learned is to never go out of your way to piss off customers because they have friends who have friends..... and this is one big customer base to lose.

There seems to be a lot of new members who only come here to sell their parts. I look to see what they are posting about, and if it comes back that they are only here to sell parts, I ignore them.

i agree this is not a site to only sell parts. this is a community to get to know members and get advice, sell parts, get parts, questions, answers, anything.

He PMed me last night to ask if I needed any parts. I haven't requested anything for a while.
I sent 2 letter reply. NO!
Seems like a bottom feeder trying to just sell parts on here.

how about one without a sway bar tab and he can have a tab fabbed and welded on for 30$ and actual cost shipping? which side does he need?
i posted a want ad for a lower control arm for a 65 barracuda with the attachment for
a sway bar. i got a reply from hemi71x. he said he had one and wanted $150+$25 shipping for one control arm. i wanted a pic and he sent me a reply with a set he was selling on e-gag. he wanted $240 buy it now for 2 of them. i wanted ONE and he wanted $175 total for one, what a ripoff. the only thing that pissed me off was the reply he sent to a person that had a question about the price. the person offered him a offer and he "quote"
Q: ok $ 160.00 not,really what i can do is $200.00 + shipping thats the highest i can go..we can do this first thing in the morning threw PAY PAL,but thats as high as i can go seriously.if you think about it you are having a hard time selling this puppies...think about it and let me know. a.s.a.p..pay pal tomorrow.Jan-21-10A: 71deamon. You are a shopper, tire kicker, lo baller, look-e-loo. Go look elsewhere for parts, and not bother me again. Go find someone else that has them, especially in the condition that mine are in. I don't have to explain to you what everything cost's to do business, what my labor time costs me, what listing fees are, final falue listing fees, Pal Pal fees, all that crap has to be borne by someone to stay in business. So what if i don't sell someting this week or next week, Doesn't bother me at all. Everything sells at one time or another. I always have overseas buyers for parts. Then you tell be why i sent a pair of LCA's to a buyer in Finland yesterday and cost the guy more in shipping than the part cost. The A body guys are the bottom of the food chain when it comes to parts and are always broke. If you can't afford it, look for something else to do.
he told the buyer A body guys are the bottom of the food chain. well, he is a member of forabodiesonly.com. there was no need to reply to a question like he did. that was just plain ignorant!

I have noticed the same thing and the same mentality but not to fear we outnumber them!!!!I buy up cars to save em from the scrapper and to hopefully make a few $ and get parts for my car's I try to price things according to the going rate here on f.a.b.o. and do NOT sell on e bay at all,I do buy there but only if it is a reasonable price.I have made offers on parts that didn't sell only to get the same long winded story.we seem to be drawing more and more undesireables here latly that feel we are suckers so be careful in your dealings and check e bay here and as many places you can before buying, get a good idea of what it's worth before you buy. I have stickyed the shipping calculator to help out with shipping quotes it seems pretty close in most cases
There seems to be a lot of new members who only come here to sell their parts. I look to see what they are posting about, and if it comes back that they are only here to sell parts, I ignore them.

yes he did sell them to some poor sucker. i didn't mean POOR, i meant someone who didn't know.

yes he did sell them to some poor sucker. i didn't mean POOR, i meant someone who didn't know.

Didn't know what? He got the price he was asking. The one he offered you was cleaned and fully rebuilt with pressed in bushings and stud. You neglected to mention that. That's about $40 labor pressing/cleaning, $15 parts, $25 shipping (post office isn't free last time I checked). So that about a $95 LCA, compared to a bare un-rebuilt LCA fresh out of car.

If someone had one for $95 down the street from you would that be a "ripoff" ?

These almost always go in pairs. So when you buy singles the price goes up.

The ebay questions from 71deamon were uncalled for too. That buyer is trying to go back and forth with offers. He trying to circumvent the whole auction process. It's and Ebay auction. That's what the auction is for. I agree hemi71x's reply was over the top. But one offer is enough, dickering back and forth has no place in an Ebay Q&A. hemi71x's is reacting by blowing off his fustration and anger.

It happens... just like you are pissed right now and trying to ban a member from this site.

hemi71x has been in this hobby a long long time. He's original owner of a 71 383 'Cuda that he put and ungodly amount of miles on and drove daily (even to the junkyards). He's not a rich E-body guy.

hemi71x was as auto mechanic all his life and wrenched on F-4 fighter planes in the military before that. He bought a 71 GTX 30 years ago when they were affordable, fixed it up, and drove the heck out it afterwards. He sold it and now he's retired from wrenching. That line of work takes a toll on your body and doesn't exactly have a state pension plan. Maybe you can relate?

hemi71x participates in the hobby, not just someone that's in it to make a buck. Drives his cars 1000 miles to shows, participate in clubs, etc. He may not answer a lot of question on FABO, but he does on other sites. Some people don't have the time to have 10,000 posts on 10 different sites.

I don't see hemi71x constantly bumping his ads here like alot of sellers do. And he's not fronting parts of other large used parts sellers with bad rep's like some do here. His user-name is the same as his ebay name and same as his user-name on other sites. AND his lists he actual name in his user ID.

Anyway.... what someone says to a second party (not even you) some place else has absolutely know jurisdiction on banning someone here on FABO. It's possible there were more things said regarding that Ebay auction than posted on Ebay, since hemi71x is on other web boards and lists his email.

And your title says "regarding a junior member!" You only have 38 post yourself?

Everything that you said may be true, but his replies were way out of line. A simple "No" will be more effective. I don't see the point of talking down to a person that is trying to get a good deal. What I don't understand is that he had to sit down in front of his computer and think of something really degrading to type in a response to this guys question (poor character). It was not a smart move, because now I will never buy from him and a few others here feel the same way.

you tell him u want to pay alot less etc and get pissed when he tells you off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back