Renault Duster, WTH?

-

340fourspeedDuster

Reaction score
Have you seen this one?

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.55.30 PM.png

Been out for years
I'm thinking of sueing Renault for defamation of character because now, when I tell European chicks I drive a duster they think of that heap

Well, at least they (Dacia line, built by Renault) got the brands vision right: "the manufacturer it's doing a lot right by pursuing a big-value, no-frills approach..."

This is a Dacia Duster.
A very common sight in Europe.
Dacia is a Romanian car manufacturer since decades. In the seventies - under the communists - they bulid Renaults in license. Therefore it was not surprising. that Renault - after the fall of the iron curtain - overtook this manufacturer. Since then Dacia created a whole bunch of very simple (and very cheap, but reliable) cars with original design (bur Renault drivetrains), which were sold mainly in the eastern regions of Europa. Because of their cheapness and reliabilty the Dacias found also friends/buyers in Western Europe. And the Dacia Duster has become a bestseller - their first -in all Europe. This Duster is a true Romanian design by Dacia.

automotive-auto-news-2017-dacia-duster-6735388.jpg

Yet in February 2013:

Renault-Duster-Front-view-15582_ol.jpg

The Renault/Dacia Duster is a big winner for the French automaker and its Romanian Subsidy who created it. The car has found diverse number purposes including the Dakar Rally and the Brazillian Police force. Now the plant producing it for mainland Europe has achieved a new high by rolling out the 400,000 compact SUV from its production lines in the span of just under three years.

The landmark 400,000 vehicle was a silver coloured 4X4 variant with 1.5-litre K9K dCi diesel engine producing 110bhp and is destined for France. The plant currently exports a majority of its production to many European countries. Among its total output from the Mioveni plant, the Dacia Duster alone makes up 45 per cent.

The Duster has been a huge success for the French automaker in the sub-continent and is selling at least 4500 units every month.

Last edited:
Chrysler getting licensing royalties for use of the name like they did with the chevy suburban?

-
Back