RIP Roy Rivera (SGBARRACUDA)

-
Agh! I hate to hear this bad news. Roy was great for the Florida and Georgia Mopar community. He was a well recognized name, trusted reseller of hard to find parts, and was ALWAYS willing to provide feedback and advice regarding our Mopars.

I had the pleasure of meeting Roy a handful of times at Mopar shows and also in my neck of the woods (while he was traveling between FLA and GA).

This forum won’t be as good without him. So sad to hear that he is no longer among us.

Roy was a great asset to this site, and I’m sure to everyone he met and everything he did. My prayers got out to his family, and all of his friends. Although tragic for those of us left behind, it sounds like he died enjoying something he was passionate about. RIP Roy.

I seem to recall a post from a year ago or so where he had a Heart attack behind the wheel of his truck and wrecked it. I'm glad he at least got another chance at life from that.

I seem to recall a post from a year ago or so where he had a Heart attack behind the wheel of his truck and wrecked it. I'm glad he at least got another chance at life from that.
Yes, it was a pretty bad wreck, and his grandson was in the truck too, but both were uninjured in the crash.

Lol, yep that thread about his pond and salvage rights is/was hilarious, thanks for the reminder!
I have the same disdain for pull start ANYTHING!!
This is meant as no disrespect. A little humor can help a lot.
Lost my temper today.
I find absolutely zero disrespectful there at all. I think he's laughin his butt off and so am I.

I just found out that one of our FABO members Roy Rivera (SGBARRACUDA) passed away last weekend. His wife Paula told me he passed of natural causes on Saturday while on a hunting trip with a bunch of buddies. He was one of the good ones, Rest In Peace Roy, you will be missed my friend.
WOW , sorry to hear this Roy became a good friend and sold me many parts over the last 4 years
he will be missed.

Just an fyi, from his stature- all his stuff will be in the middle of the pond. In case any of you are bidding on the salvage rights.
It was a pleasure buying parts and reading your posts. another fabo ledgend by the wayside. May you RIP Roy!

One hot afternoon in August, I sat under an elm, idling, when I saw a deer pass across a small opening... I realized that a half and hour before I had moved my chair to the best spot for watching the deer trail; That I had done this habitually for years... this led to the thought that i could widen the zone of visibility... within a month I saw several deer which otherwise could have passed unseen .... the new deer swath was pointed out to guests for the purpose of watching their reactions to it. It was clear that most of them forgot it quickly,
... others watched it, as I did, whenever chance allowed. Aldo Leopold

Keep watching Roy, we'll meet up at camp after....

Taken too soon!

I enjoyed reading his posts, he will surely be missed.

Rest In Peace Roy!

Dang. I can’t believe it. Dammit. Just damn. Rest In Peace.

I’ve always read what he had to say.

-
Back