RIP Roy Rivera (SGBARRACUDA)

-
I bought a lot of parts from him in the past and as recently as 16 days ago.

God, Bless his wife. My she find understanding and peace.

Oh no! This breaks my heart! Roy was my buddy! We had alot of conversations here he helped me alot with parts and knowledge. I joked with him all the time about naming my car "Roys Dart" because a large percentage of the parts on my car came from him. I will miss our conversations and gab ole buddy! RIP :(

Damn. That completely sucks. I never met the guy, but I bought stuff from him and sold stuff to him over the years. He was a stand-up guy.

RIP Roy, you will be sorely missed. :(

Very sad indeed. RIP good buddy. You will be missed by many.

He was giving me step by step pointers on installing the Sur-Grip I bought from him recently. His last PM to me last weekend he said "call me if you need any help." I'm planning to finish it this weekend and will dedicate it to him.

For the past two years he was my Secret Santa and went WAY above and beyond with the gifts.

I'm very grateful I had a chance to meet him face-to- face a couple times. Roy is definitely one of the good ones.

I flew into Atlanta in 2017 and drove to his campsite a couple hours south where I got fiberglass fenders, hood, trunk and both bumpers for my Dart. We had some cold ones and shot the **** for a few hours before I headed north back to Minnesota. He was a nice guy and I'm glad I had the chance to meet him. RIP Roy.

Last edited:
Very sad indeed. RIP good buddy. You will be missed by many.

He was giving me step by step pointers on installing the Sur-Grip I bought from him recently. His last PM to me last weekend he said "call me if you need any help." I'm planning to finish it this weekend and will dedicate it to him.

For the past two years he was my Secret Santa and went WAY above and beyond with the gifts.

I'm very grateful I had a chance to meet him face-to- face a couple times. Roy is definitely one of the good ones.
The last part I bought off him was a cam plate and it got broke in shipping. I messaged him to buy another one and he sent it to me for free. It just showed up one day.

This is very sad news to Theresa and I.
We had become friends thanks to FABO. Met up with Roy and Paula on a couple occasions had lunch and swapped parts and stories. What a bummer. Two of the nicest people you would ever meet. RIP ROY ,and condolences to Paula and family.
We will miss you.
Resized_20210810_085816.jpg
20220125_220233.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no, not Roy! :( I just bought some much need parts from him a few weeks ago. Dang good guy who would bend over backwards to help anybody. You will be greatly missed here Roy. Seeya again someday! R.I.P.

Rest In Peace Roy. Had a chance to meet Roy back in 2009 when I was moving from St Pete Fl to Atlanta. I had a 318 and engine stand i couldn’t take with me. Roy came to my house and got them from me cause he didn’t want them to go to waste. Talked for a bit and told he was soon to retire from being a firefighter most his life. Was a very nice guy and glad I had the chance to talk with him

Rest In Peace Roy. Had a chance to meet Roy back in 2009 when I was moving from St Pete Fl to Atlanta. I had a 318 and engine stand i couldn’t take with me. Roy came to my house and got them from me cause he didn’t want them to go to waste. Talked for a bit and told he was soon to retire from being a firefighter most his life. Was a very nice guy and glad I had the chance to talk with him
I envy you. I wish I had gotten the Chance to meet him.

From one Firefighter to another, we will all miss you Roy!

A Firefighter never dies ...
51evd3ngxQL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Well that’s a pisser! I was from Tampa Bay and had some common acquaintances. Planned on meeting up next time I went back down. I enjoyed his posts and a few PMs. Super nice guy, Rest in peace my friend

Very sad to hear. I have read many of his posts. He was a good guy. Prayers for his family. Our forum will notice his absence and wisdom.

Man, kind of a gut-punch, RIP Roy!!! Almost(lol) bought a number of His items, figured it was inevitable I would at some point, man 66 is way too young....prayers to His Family & Friends.

Man, kind of a gut-punch, RIP Roy!!! Almost(lol) bought a number of His items, figured it was inevitable I would at some point, man 66 is way too young....prayers to His Family & Friends.
Amen! I'm hurt, that, even though we talked a bit, we lived so close and never met. PRAYERS!

Oh my word. I just now saw this. I considered Roy a personal friend. I don't know what to say. My he rest in peace.

-
Back