RIP Roy Rivera (SGBARRACUDA)

-
I envy you. I wish I had gotten the Chance to meet him.
Kitty and were lookin forward to goin to get some chili dogs with him when they came back through. I turned him onto Nu Way several years ago when he came through and I think he got kinda hung on um. lol

Seemed like a really nice guy, he was always cheerfully helpful in our interactions and a staple of our little community. God bless him and his family.

Heartbreaking news. Roy was indeed a great guy, always willing to help someone out. We will miss him. Kindest regards to his family.

Seems like he was on here just a very short time ago.

Man, I only talked to him a little bit on here but never the less I still feel awful he's gone. I hope he is at peace.

Sad news for sure. I enjoyed Roy's contributions and parts offerings here. I hope he got to enjoy some of his hunting trip and would like to believe he went out doing what he loved. Condolences to his friends and family.

Very sorry to hear this. Roy and his wife made a trip last July delivering parts in Georgia and made a couple stops in NC including my house. He bought a bunch of parts I removed from my 73 Dart Sport project. We loaded up the bed of his new Ram. After that we just stood around and talked for quite a while. Super nice guy. I really enjoyed the visit. You will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Truly truly shocking and shitty! I'm not a "phone" guy and have only spoken with a handful from here. I regret not talking to Roy or have met him. He sent me torsion bar adjuster bolts for nada. I sent him $$ anyway. His reply, "you didnt have to do that!"
I told him, "neither did you, but you did, so thank you!"
He not only sold a lot of stuff on here, he was obviously a GREAT contributor/person as well.
Shitty news, but thanks for posting Greg.
Condolences and positive thoughts to everyone affected.
A reminder for the Legendary status

Man, this news really grips my heart. Talked to Roy many times and had many good dealings with him over the years. RIP Roy, you are now in a better place.

That really sucks, he offered to show me around his area of Florida if I ever came down. Nonetheless he was a great guy from just the short conversations we had & always had great advice.
He will be missed.

Wow, hard to believe. I went to his place in Florida one time, with someone else to pick up some parts. Had a nice in person convo, and several discusions on this site. I liked Roy.

Damn, that is very sad news. I always enjoyed reading his posts, especially the ones about the pond he had on his property.
Rest in peace Roy, you will be missed.:(

Condolences to his family and friends.

I too didn’t know him other than on here and enjoyed his posts and comments. I think I followed his pond post too with interest. RIP Sir.

I just found out that one of our FABO members Roy Rivera (SGBARRACUDA) passed away last weekend. His wife Paula told me he passed of natural causes on Saturday while on a hunting trip with a bunch of buddies. He was one of the good ones, Rest In Peace Roy, you will be missed my friend.
Bummer!
Roy was real people.
He may be gone but he will not be forgotten.
Roy we will see you on the other side, happy trails.

Lol, yep that thread about his pond and salvage rights is/was hilarious, thanks for the reminder!
I have the same disdain for pull start ANYTHING!!
This is meant as no disrespect. A little humor can help a lot.
Lost my temper today.
I too didn’t know him other than on here and enjoyed his posts and comments. I think I followed his pond post too with interest. RIP Sir.

Thanks Roy.
Well The pond had another deposit added to it. Years ago my wife bugged me to buy her a weed eater. Now I knew this wasn't going to get used much by her but I went ahead and bought her a nice Stihl weed eater. Just like I figured, she never used it. I bet it had maybe 5 hours on it. But Thursday she tells me she is going to help me weed eat as I really can't do it all by myself anymore since the heart attack. So I take it out of the shed, it was looking still brand new. Gased it up and tried to start it. it would run for a split second and die. After this went on for just a few minutes until I dumped the gas out, washed the tank out, walked to the pond, and launched that SOB! Problem solved.

-
Back