Road Runners 'Only'

-

69 Cuda 440

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
1968 Road Runner

Sox & Martin built '2' 1968 '426 Hemi' Road Runners in late-1967.

One for legal NHRA Super/Stock, which ran 11.10's in December 1967.

One for AHRA 'S/S Eliminator' and Match Racing Events which ran 10.65's in January 1968.

th

I have to agree FBBO has all the Road Runners he can ask for.

1968 Road Runner
Sox & Martin built '2' 1968 '426 Hemi' Road Runners in late-1967.
One for legal NHRA Super/Stock, which ran 11.10's in December 1967.
One for AHRA 'S/S Eliminator' and Match Racing Events which ran 10.65's in January 1968.
th

SOX and MARTIN made those cars quick!

I would like to see more details on the differences between the 2 cars.
Not everyone here is only interested in a-bodies.

Typical 'Plain Joe Taxi Driver' Interior.

When released in September 1967, Plymouth didn't have enough time to put together a proper Rally-Style Dashboard Gauge Package.

No, Oil Pressure Gauge. {Tachometer; Optional}

1968-plymouth-road-runner-3.jpg

Alternator / Gasoline / 120 MPH Speedometer / Temperature

th

Let me see if I understand this.
It is ok & encouraged to post basturd engine swaps on this site, but not ok to post about other MoPars on this sight.
Ok, now its clear.
Great Brand loyalty for sure.

Let me see if I understand this.
It is ok & encouraged to post basturd engine swaps on this site, but not ok to post about other MoPars on this sight.
Ok, now its clear.
Great Brand loyalty for sure.

Now where did you read that? Did you ever think he would get more responses there than here?

Some people are narrow minded .... I want to read about B-Bodies without having to go over there .....

Some people are narrow minded .... I want to read about B-Bodies without having to go over there .....

Xs2 ...i even have my coronet build thread here and i have a Sport Satellite in addition to my darts.......so i dont mind hearing about this at all

I have a late B Body and I like them all from 68-79 but I post about mine over there. No one is interested what I do to it over here.

thats not true ...i have my 68 coronet wagon build thread here and it got more responses in less time than my dart or demon ever did.

so i think FABO likes a good B-body thread every once in awhile

thats not true ...i have my 68 coronet wagon build thread here and it got more responses in less time than my dart or demon ever did.

so i think FABO likes a good B-body thread every once in awhile

Yes it is it's too new no one wants to hear about a Cordoba

Typical 'Plain Joe Taxi Driver' Interior.

When released in September 1967, Plymouth didn't have enough time to put together a proper Rally-Style Dashboard Gauge Package.

No, Oil Pressure Gauge. {Tachometer; Optional}

1968-plymouth-road-runner-3.jpg

Alternator / Gasoline / 120 MPH Speedometer / Temperature

th
this is the first I've heard of them not having time for an oil psi gauge. Is that an official statement from Chrysler? They just wanted to use an existing platform and keep cost down but if you have documentation of this oil gauge time crunch I'd like to see it.

Ill occasionally mention my GTX here and always get a good response! I like Roadrunners too and don't mind reading about them!!

I bought a 68 Roadrunner 4 speed parts car a couple years ago that had the oil pressure gauge! I thought it was a pretty rare occurance as I had never seen one before!!

They didn't even have time to add the oil psi gauge to the 69's LoL.. You could have got it in the B BODY PLYMOUTH taxi/ police package if you marked the right box for IT.

you guys got me thinking and i had to go out in the cold to see what the coronet has ...i couldnt remember right off and curiousity is a strong force.

all blank

Attachments

• CIMG3380.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 325
  • CIMG3379.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 332
you guys got me thinking and i had to go out in the cold to see what the coronet has ...i couldnt remember right off and curiousity is a strong force.

all blank

That's where the optional clock or tachometer would go Rani :glasses7:

Back to the S&M Road Runners please......:happy1:

i always found it odd that in 68 the coronet R/T came with the standard dash with 150 sweep with the rally dash optional, yet the superbee came with the rally dash standard.....

and over on the plymouth side .....niether the GTX nor the roadrunner came with a rally option ...all had the standard dash but the GTX had 150 MPH sweep.

i always found it odd that in 68 the coronet R/T came with the standard dash with 150 sweep with the rally dash optional, yet the superbee came with the rally dash standard.....

and over on the plymouth side .....niether the GTX nor the roadrunner came with a rally option ...all had the standard dash but the GTX had 150 MPH sweep.

That's true, but I kind of like the sweep MPH gauge, my demon obviously has the rally gauge with round speedo but like the RR sweep MPH gauge better.

I recognize that magazine. Great little article. I love all Mopars. I've owned more B bodies then anything else. I keep having a thought of trying to own another some day.

-
Back