rockt mtn dash/gauges

-
What headlight/ wiper switches are you using?

I'm using the stock switches for both. I was a little concerned about the strenght of the plastic in that area, so I cut some of the metal for that area from an old gauge cluster to add support.

I also had to trim the dash slightly because of the rings on the back of the speedo and tach.

Attachments

• DSC05913.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 672
  • DSC05919.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 689
  • DSC05918.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 685
The RMD in my 69 notch barracuda.
Money well spent IMO

103zdk7.jpg

ipcv36.jpg

AWESOME, KEEPING MY EYES PEELED FOR ONE OF THESE, !!! love it, must have one and happy to pay! settle for the plastic ones mentioned earlier but no one makes them for 68 A body. poo

Heres my 69 with a r m dash

Attachments

• dash-8.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 730
  • dash -1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 721
what do you guys think of the black on blue?

Nice neat job.

Just my view but I reckon the radio and heater delete panel look sort of stuck on (which they are)
Just a suggestion,but have you thought about joining the black from the glovebox panel to the instrument cluster?Maybe in a grained vinyl to match the glovebox lid?Would give it a more integrated look IMO.

Still keep the blue below.

Just a suggestion.

Nice neat job.

Just my view but I reckon the radio and heater delete panel look sort of stuck on (which they are)
Just a suggestion,but have you thought about joining the black from the glovebox panel to the instrument cluster?Maybe in a grained vinyl to match the glovebox lid?Would give it a more integrated look IMO.

Still keep the blue below.

Just a suggestion.

uh. if you go to the first of the thread you will see pics of my gauge cluster that was wrinkle powder coated 3 yrs before the other parts. the radio is factory and the heater delete panel i made which bolts on like the factory heater control panel face.

Can you share a drivers view of your setup? i love it.

Not a problem!!!8)

Pics a bit dark because it's stormy here today.

Also the height view is a bit low because i had o fold the seat back,squat in there and guess the height.

Gives you an idea though.

b66per.jpg

heres my effort! want to remake dash, i retrimmed pads.made switch panel here ashtray was......

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 726
  • 21.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 701
  • 5.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 725
I had a RMD originally, but wanted something that replicated more of a factory look. So I fabbed a new dash with 3 ml Al. using basic hand tools, with Al. tubing for the large guage shrouds. I'm not knocking the RMD but for me, I am much happier with the one I made for little outlay!

Attachments

• CIMG1576.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 660
  • untitled20.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 667
I had a RMD originally, but wanted something that replicated more of a factory look. So I fabbed a new dash with 3 ml Al. using basic hand tools, with Al. tubing for the large guage shrouds. I'm not knocking the RMD but for me, I am much happier with the one I made for little outlay!

that's a very nice piece well done

yummy, i do like that! i have a mig welder,105amp, know if you change wire and gas you can weld ally, going to have a go myself, whats the worst that can happen.....:cheers:

Lol..mate, if you like 40-45 degrees celsius in summer move to my location in central Australia (Alice Springs). Otherwise, anywhere else is generally a happy medium, hot summers and sunny mild winters. Great all year round cruising weather!

If anyone see's one of these RMD dash's, the full one, please let me know.

Also RMD get back to business and make more of these dash's.

Riddler

my work in progress:

2lc8qr4.jpg

21eudk2.jpg

qx4geg.jpg

I found it on Ebay, thanks to AbodyJoe. Paid $475 shipped to my door. Expensive, yes. But I WANTED it and had to have it...To hell with trying to make this son of a *****...
DUDE! that's a sweet looking ****! What steering column is that?

i have been slowly but surely geting some wiring done,and i finally got her mounted tonight. i have to take it back out and finish the wiring,but the pics give you a good idea of the wrinkle powder coat and the other coated parts to match. ignore the foot gas pedal! a buddy gave it to me for christmas,smart ***. he has a mullet camaro,jealous basterds! lol!

View attachment DSC03069.JPG

View attachment DSC03071.JPG

View attachment DSC03072.JPG

I appreciate your handmade dash more than one somebody opened thier wallet for...What can I say,some have the skills..

The RMD would be easy to make .The question is how many want's one I get $50.00 buck's an hour i've got 22 hour's in mine.But can make.Mine is not no insert it all welded.a insert would take less time to make a lot less time.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 024.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 536
  • 023.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 020.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 559
  • 039.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 045.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 496
I would want one, BUT I just want the dash gauge insert not the entire dash and maybe a radio delete and heater delete

-
Back