"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
won't find 20's on my ride. 18x10 fr on a 275/35 with19x13 rr on a 345/30. As soon as someone destroys a Gen 5 or sells the wheels, I'll have 18x10.5 on a 295 fr and 19x13 on a 355 rr.

DAMN well I will be shooting for a 20 up front though yours would have been a good guage of stance with em.

I think my ride height and how much wheel/tire I'm tucking makes the wheel seem larger. Of course, 11" wide rubber probably plays a role too.

Shoot, if you're bored at Christmas, you're welcome to come by and shoot the crap, or weld some crap...

Although the odds of it being cruisable in two years is 1 in about a kajillion.

it would have to be shoot the crap since I haven't learned how to weld yet :/
well that is true you have limited time to work on the car so two years wouldn't work

I will learn soon I just don't have time with full time work and full time school. Maybe a summer welding class will be good

Preaching to the choir man. Two jobs and full-time school. Just handed in a 25k, 120 page thesis in February before I came back for some car work... I would love to be back and hit a welding class, probably not until I move back though.

Preaching to the choir man. Two jobs and full-time school. Just handed in a 25k, 120 page thesis in February before I came back for some car work... I would love to be back and hit a welding class, probably not until I move back though.

don't forget that PHD in plazma cutting!....just dropped by to say ..hello

BTW...beautiful warm day here in NW Ohio...got the silver duster out of storage to play with

WHOMMMPPAAA...(thats a free rev for ya!)

Denny

Surprising how easy that PhD in Plasma Cutting was. Once I get my Elementary Diploma in MIG I think I'll be all set. I was able to pick up a masters $$$ spending recently. So I rewarded myself with an aluminum flywheel and some late model GTO back seats.

Glad to hear you've had nice weather to get the Duster out. I appreciate the rev too...

I really don't know what to way that hasn't already been said. Speechless to be honest.

Wow that is great love the build! I can't wait to see the finished product

I know this is a "Rookie"-Touring Build, but nowhere in this thread do I see a rookie building a car. Custom chassis and mad fabrication skills... GEEZ!!! Your car is awesome and looks great as well. I wish I could do something similar with my 68 Dart but I don't have the disposable income to conduct such a build. And by the time I would have the money to build it up, there would be newer and better technology. :p Great build and I'll be following along.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments. It's certainly been a learning experience and every time I get to work on the car, I get better and better at welding, fab, etc. Still have a hurdle to overcome, but I have the jump for that hurdle designed and just need to get the necessary parts machined and get back to the states so I can put these designs to work. Thanks again, the interest, support, and comments mean a lot.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments. It's certainly been a learning experience and every time I get to work on the car, I get better and better at welding, fab, etc. Still have a hurdle to overcome, but I have the jump for that hurdle designed and just need to get the necessary parts machined and get back to the states so I can put these designs to work. Thanks again, the interest, support, and comments mean a lot.

Hey Will, how you doing?, when will you be home, Christmas?

Doing well Tin, thanks. Yes I'll be home at Christmas. Not 100% sure yet, but it could be a permanent move. I finish college tomorrow and am not having an easy time finding work here. There is a pecking order for hiring people here, and Americans are not the highest on the list, not the lowest either though.

Really looking forward to getting back so I can get some more work done. Parts have been stacking up, with more to come...

The hood for my project is coming along nicely! I can't wait to see this thing finished. The next step is to have a mold pulled from it so it can be recast into one seamless piece, rather than the many pieces it has taken to get here. Should be done just in time for my return to the States and my mega-thrash.

file-84.jpg

file-83.jpg

file-85.jpg

Damn,what an ambitious project you're undertaking !!! Gotta say I love the idea with your hood !!! I did a similar fiberglass hood with my '05 SRT10 Ram ! Cought on so well,other VTCOA members had them made up and added another nice touch with theirs too !!

SRT10024-1.jpg

SRT10026.jpg

i dont know how i've missed this thread. this car is insane. I can't even formulate words to properly express how badass this build is. good on you.

-
Back