Ross' Aspen

-
I have both sets of window louvers but I like the earlier ones better for some reason. I am running a 77/76 front end on the lighter 78 body so it is really a mutt.

Does anyone know if the cop cars got bigger sway/ t bars?

Sorry to hear about the fire, I am running all new wiring because of all the f body fires I have heard about.

JR nice looking f body parts. I parted a few and sold the front ends to f-100 truck guys.

how about a tuff wheel a and supercoupe rims cars looking good

Picture 001.jpg

nice looking wagon! looks like an '80. I love wagons almost as much as 2doors.

The 76-77 had a recall on the front suspension so check into that. Yes the cop cars had bigger bars on them. The SuperCoupe had 8 or 8 1/2 wide wheels if I remember correctly. Super Coupes also had the big bars. There was a 78 Wagon here that had front air-dam and fender flares too. Looked so cool. He worked at one of the local banks so I guess he could afford the extra's.
I wanted to order the SuperCoupe but wife said no. It was a $1500 option. Now a SuperCoupe is worth at least double if not triple of the cost.

The 76-77 had a recall on the front suspension so check into that. Yes the cop cars had bigger bars on them. The SuperCoupe had 8 or 8 1/2 wide wheels if I remember correctly. Super Coupes also had the big bars. There was a 78 Wagon here that had front air-dam and fender flares too. Looked so cool. He worked at one of the local banks so I guess he could afford the extra's.
I wanted to order the SuperCoupe but wife said no. It was a $1500 option. Now a SuperCoupe is worth at least double if not triple of the cost.

Thanks for the info I will have to see about getting the cop car bars. The front end is a 78 it's just got a 77 bumper and grill. just out of curiosity do you know what the recall was exactly about?

Where did you get the rear quarter windows from? I got a 76 SE and want to get rid of the little squared windows. If I can't source some glass ones I was thinking about cutting some out to lexan.

If I remember correctly was to add a brace and possibly re-weld the suspension mounts to the frame. Had some problems with some cracking.

this really brings back some memories. when i was 15 my dad bought me a volare premier. he put it on the road and drove it while we worked on it together. it was the same exact car. same color combo, same interior, same little side windows. we found a /6 3 spd road runner in the junkyard we pulled the nose off of, the wing and the window louvers. put the nose with strobe striped hood and a twins scoop and deckild with wing on. we removed all the trim and primed it black. never got around to doing the side windows and removing the top. put a 4 brl and dual exhuast on it. i think it got rear ended and was written off. i forget. i liekd that car though. i always thought it was funny how i nthe junkyard the fenders were either mint or totally rotted out, no in between. a guy later told me they had a recal on the fenders i nthe 80s. i dont know if it is true but it would explain the amount of f body nos fenders i used to see at swap meets. he also had a 'doba that i didnt like so much, but the f body really got me hooked i later picked up an 85 gran fury police package. i like the ride those cars give. some day id like to get another.

this really brings back some memories. when i was 15 my dad bought me a volare premier. he put it on the road and drove it while we worked on it together. it was the same exact car. same color combo, same interior, same little side windows. we found a /6 3 spd road runner in the junkyard we pulled the nose off of, the wing and the window louvers. put the nose with strobe striped hood and a twins scoop and deckild with wing on. we removed all the trim and primed it black. never got around to doing the side windows and removing the top. put a 4 brl and dual exhuast on it. i think it got rear ended and was written off. i forget. i liekd that car though. i always thought it was funny how i nthe junkyard the fenders were either mint or totally rotted out, no in between. a guy later told me they had a recal on the fenders i nthe 80s. i dont know if it is true but it would explain the amount of f body nos fenders i used to see at swap meets. he also had a 'doba that i didnt like so much, but the f body really got me hooked i later picked up an 85 gran fury police package. i like the ride those cars give. some day id like to get another.

Yep, the recall you are thinking of was the biggest automotive recall until the gm x cars. The fenders rusted on the 76 models, sometimes on the dealer lots, so ma mopar had to replace them with ones that were sealed.

If I remember correctly was to add a brace and possibly re-weld the suspension mounts to the frame. Had some problems with some cracking.
Interesting I hadn't heard about that one yet, Thanks for the info. I seam to learn something new every day .

Where did you get the rear quarter windows from? I got a 76 SE and want to get rid of the little squared windows. If I can't source some glass ones I was thinking about cutting some out to lexan.

I bought and had mine shipped from a pullapart in Idaho, but I know wildcat has some, because I have seen them and I know of a guy that has a set who would be willing to sell them. If you want I can give his # or I could get them for you.

I bought and had mine shipped from a pullapart in Idaho, but I know wildcat has some, because I have seen them and I know of a guy that has a set who would be willing to sell them. If you want I can give his # or I could get them for you.

Thanks! Let me know what he wants for them and we can work it out from there. I only Duster windows were the same I'd be in great shape, I have a spare set in Hawaii.

I ordered it with the Premier Package ( best interior ) but with the side body molding delete. I loved it. I once got really pissed when some asshole ask me what year my Nova was

o yha I hear that a lot. funny thing is one of my buddies parked his volare next to a nova at a show, all the chebby guy keep asking him what year nova it was because they liked it so much.

I finally got around to installing my birthday presents! What do you think?

DCP_4360.jpg

DCP_4359.jpg

DCP_4358.jpg

DCP_4357.jpg

A few more I got the hump in and sealed. I'm finally making good progress. I just love getting under the car, laying on my back and welding for a few hours.

DCP_4361.jpg

DCP_4368.jpg

DCP_4364.jpg

DCP_4365.jpg

nope I made sure to not get near the sharp ends untill it was all welded in place and they weren't sharp anymore. I think I need to go sit in the hot tub, my body hurts.

Keep it up and share. We love it.

Well I called a friend and had him come over to help push the Aspen into the garage so I could do something to her! What do yha think now that the light is in? I still need to finish up a little body work but I forgot my round dura block
at school so it will have to wait.
The body lines only kinda sorta line up so I had to do a lot of custom fab to get it to fit, I also had to whack the inner housing (the part that holds the lights) in order to use it. I love sawzalls and cut off wheels.

Did you know extension cords for 210 are like 100 bucks for 25 feet????? It is a crazy lot cheaper to just push her in.

DCP_4381.jpg

DCP_4385.jpg

DCP_4386.jpg

DCP_4389.jpg

That's really gonna mess with some minds. The F body guys will think it's some rare option. It really looks like it belongs there, while the stock light looks like an afterthought.

-
Back