Rotisserie Advice needed.

-

Brad426

Reaction score
Has anyone installed their engine, transmission and rear end while the car is on the rotisserie. My rotisserie has a posted max. of 2,000 lbs. I crunched the ball park numbers of the 360, “K” & A518 and I think I’m OK. I have a disability and it is very difficult to get up and down off the floor. It would make my life much easier to fit and form on the rotisserie. Safety first! I don’t want the car to fall on me or anyone. What are your thoughts? Anyone?

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 530
Some of the people here assembled their engine and trans, attached it to the k frame and lowered the body over it. That might keep you from the up and down too many times. Just my .02

Bill S.

Some of the people here assembled their engine and trans, attached it to the k frame and lowered the body over it. That might keep you from the up and down too many times. Just my .02

Bill S.

Yepp, that's the way to go. Good luck with your car.

yeah thats not a good idea doing it on a rotisserie. have you got a good steel table? if you do asemble your engine trans and k frame on that. then take a railroad timber'6x6 on two saw horses on each side of the car to support the car so you can remove the rotisserie from the front end of the car then you can roll the table with the engine and k frame under the car and bolt it up this way you won't need to get down low

This is as much wieght I dared to put on mine. No engine or trans.

Attachments

• 000_1089 (600 x 400).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 000_1088 (600 x 400).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 479
  • 000_1095 (600 x 400).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 488
I also think installing on a rotiseirre is a bad idea. Could end up bending or twisting that beautiful green monster!

For sure install the body over the K frame!!! This is really slick and I think it also is the factory method.

I also think installing on a rotiseirre is a bad idea. Could end up bending or twisting that beautiful green monster!

For sure install the body over the K frame!!! This is really slick and I think it also is the factory method.

thats just it exactly the way the factory did it. and your not banging up the firewall and paint struggling over the top

You can hang your doors,install your diff and run all your plumbing and wiring while on the rotisserie, but i wouldn't push it by installing the engine that i would do like the others have stated on the K from the bottom.

Thanks everyone. As you can see I have an engine/transmission stand on wheels. I used the bottom up idea on my 70 440 Cuda. Like the factory did back in the day. My idea here or this time was to install the drive line like everyone suggest. Hurc strap (big cargo straps) the engine down on the motor mounts and the transmission to be jury rigged in place. Roll the car up on it’s side, support the heck out of it and start and lineup and fabricating the transmission mount and so on. The general hint I get from all of you to avoid at trip to the ER and auto recycle is “DON’T DO IT”. I just wanted to know if anyone has. Thanks

BTW, never wash your shop rags in the washing machine while you wife is home….YIKES....:violent1:

Attachments

• DSC00023.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC00021.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 399
Here's where I'm at. Time to assemble...

Attachments

• DSC00028.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00027.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00023.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00020.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00018.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC00015.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC00011.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC00006.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00004.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 349
I like the demon stripes on the valiant.

The right way below This was coming out to get the car ready for paint and a new motor. Much easier to assemble everything on a stand and the just plug it in.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 8.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 338
Brad,
I'd like to see some more pics of your intermediate engine stand with maybe some detail on dimensions. How is the k-frame attached to the stand. That looks pretty slick. Thanks. L8r

Jim

Has anyone installed their engine, transmission and rear end while the car is on the rotisserie. My rotisserie has a posted max. of 2,000 lbs. I crunched the ball park numbers of the 360, “K” & A518 and I think I’m OK. I have a disability and it is very difficult to get up and down off the floor. It would make my life much easier to fit and form on the rotisserie. Safety first! I don’t want the car to fall on me or anyone. What are your thoughts? Anyone?

lots of pics here..http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=88358&page=4

Brad,
I'd like to see some more pics of your intermediate engine stand with maybe some detail on dimensions. How is the k-frame attached to the stand. That looks pretty slick. Thanks. L8r

Jim

No problem,,,I'm all done with it now if your near by.
Worked slick as heck. Well worth building ($200.00)

Boxing day well spent. You might say I "rolled" the car onto the engine/stand. I was out by 1/8" but was able to suck it up with the K bolts...BTW anyone know the torque for the K member bolts?

The car is fully supported by the rotisserie now with the engine, trans & diff installed (safety stands in place too). I have to fabricate the transmission mount next and after that follow the TTI headers instructions to the letter and see how that works out. I'm a bit leary about how easy TTI headers are suposed to fit. All & any advice would be greatly appreciated on TTI installation.

Once that is done we are going to very, very, ver cautiously roll the over 90 degree and support. I may weld supports to the rotisserie for feel good as thecar will bestayingthat wayfor some time for fit and form.

Stay tunned................

I retired just before Christmas so I'm working on the car everyday,,,great new job but, it cost money insted of making it...:wack:

Attachments

• DSC00014.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00013.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC00012.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00011.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC00010.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC00009.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC00008.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 275
That looks like it worked out great. Keep us posted as it comes together.

Attachments

• 4][py63452JPG.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 347
Man that sure worked slick,the way you used that rottisierrie in combo with a custom engine/trans stand. I've NEVER seen that done before,and been around cars my whole life!

I wish you were in Trail! I need to borow that rotisierrie!

Thanks everyone, The engine stand was designed to match the rotisserie as close as I could. I used the two holes in the K member to weld bolts to the stand. The bolts came up through the K member and I nutted them, just incase. The extensions I made to support the torsion bar were not needed. Better safe than sorry. When (not if) I sell rig they all go together. It will handle bigger cars as well. Keep ya posted & Happy New Year

Well I did it and so far all is good. I did not need much counter balance either. It will not be up here like this for long. The wheel things are ready to go on. I'll be posting further up dates on "Tubbing the Valiant" thread if you want to follow along. Cheers & Happy New Year!

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00012.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00008.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00009.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 226
Brad first I want to thank you for everything you did for me and secondly your car looks beautiful.

-
Back