Save AdamR's Dart

-
SmallBlock, Thats a good idea. Right now Im working on putting together a car show for next season that I will donate any proceeds to a charity. I spoke to Joe about the Shriners Hospital because its close to me and I like to keep things with in the site as much as possible.

I cant thank you all enough. You dont realize what a huge help you were to me this week. I've been suffering from panic attacks for the last month, Having trouble keeping my heart from racing and breathing at a normal pace.

Ive been doing good this week. Thanks again !

Longone & Jones: there has been some discussion on that very issue. Every member should think this over and let is settle into your heart and not in your head. 10,000 + members at $1 per month. Are ya following me. It don't take many pop cans to make a dollar. Let's continue.....so far in one month that's $10,000. Now say everyone is able to do that for 12 months. I'm able and would be in favor of somehow making this a part of the membership fee if you will. Now for 12 months that would be ........are you ready......$120,000. Who would we want to help? Consider who we could help.....the children at St Judes? Especially the members here that truly are in need....and we do have legitimate needs here on this board. This is just a thought that i would truly love to see happen. Each year do a complete distributon of any and all funds. GTX, this is what i PM'd you about. I'll post this in a stand alone topic. May never happen but could.
Small Block

I would love to see this happen and would religiously participate every month, I think it would be a really slow start, but once other members see the power in numbers, they would jump on board too. Seriously, thats 20 cans...WAY under the amount of cans you could get at a cookout! We should seriously push something like this, there are so many unselfish members here that I couldn't see a better place to start!!!

Hey Adam Thanks for the awesome site I just remembered I took a paypal survey last month and they game me 1.95 for doing it. I don't have any extra money these days either but I wanted to help anyway I could and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my measly couple bucks but if it at all helps you keep your car I feel better about it. I hope you get to keep your car Thanks again for this great site. Justin
Bad ***!!:cheers:8)

I would love to see this happen and would religiously participate every month, I think it would be a really slow start, but once other members see the power in numbers, they would jump on board too. Seriously, thats 20 cans...WAY under the amount of cans you could get at a cookout! We should seriously push something like this, there are so many unselfish members here that I couldn't see a better place to start!!!
I agree completely. I want to participate in something like this.
Who gets to decide though? A poll of contributing members?
If there is no one to help even a monthly lottery would be really cool. I guess eventually everybody would win. :-D Or both maybe?

I would think in all fairness it would have to be a lottery of those who have lost their jobs, but theres a lot to consider when doing something like this so not as to make a gesture of kindness an issue

I forgot I had 24 bucks in my Pay pal account so I sent it... I had some problems but I think it went through.

I would be up for the buck a month thing too. I know it would be a tough decision to figure out who to help and what not, but it is worth exploring. I am not a huge post ***** on this site, but I am in it reading threads almost daily. I learned a lot from here and it is the least I can do.

I am very fortunate to have a good job now and feel for anyone going through tough times now. I have a few freinds struggling now.

In fact if there are any draftsmen in the Colorado Springs area I might be able to help them out as I think we got a few opening for anyone with piping drafting experience.

i would be down with a yearly donation. If you think about it a subscription to Mopar Muscle is more than 12 bucks a year. I would pay 20 bucks a year to help the site, members, or to provide for give aways.

I'm in on the monthly fee thing as well. In addition to helping those who need money just to live, how about using some of it to pay for shipping of parts someone wants to give away? That would help a lot of members who need something that another member is willing to donate but maybe doesn't have the money to ship. I'm sure collectively the members here have one of the largest inventories of used parts available. Many members already ship items for free so why not reward generosity by covering the shipping of donated parts?

I am new to your site, yesterday as a matter of fact. However I have been reading your posts.

I cannot afford to become a "gold" member at this time, due to being laid off, but I noticed that someone else used a paypal account to help Adam. I have a few dollars in the account that I would be willing to donate.

If someone can tell me how to forward it to Adam I would be happy to help a fellow Mopar member.

Really glad I found this site.

Jeff
1970 Dart Swinger

I am new to your site, yesterday as a matter of fact. However I have been reading your posts.

I cannot afford to become a "gold" member at this time, due to being laid off, but I noticed that someone else used a paypal account to help Adam. I have a few dollars in the account that I would be willing to donate.

If someone can tell me how to forward it to Adam I would be happy to help a fellow Mopar member.

Jeff
1970 Dart Swinger

"You can send your $ directly to Adam's Paypal account with the following email address: [email protected] or you can email me (because my FABO box is always full) at: [email protected] for Adam's snail mail address. Again, thanks to all."

^ From GTXperience Page 1

BTW harley, nice Dart!!!

His e-mail address is in post #1 for paypal. Way to jump in harley97sp, welcome to the best damm mopar site on the internet!

Jeff
1970 Dart Swinger

Welcome Jeff, that`s jumping in with both feet! Glad to have you on board, we appreciate people like yourself.

Thanks goldfish65, redfastback, 69383gts4spd, jjr426, FASTBACK340, Dart_Guy, harley97sp, 63dartman & 71produster! Good job guys!

Total so far: $1894.45 (Note: Question marks (?) below denote that I do not know the amount of the donation and therefore did not add it to the total amount).

GTXperience: $50
Crackedback: $50
moparmuscle64 (FBBO): $25
prhousejr (FBBO): $25
Motopsycho: $20
homecloned: $10
65vart: $20
dartman: $10
hotrodscamp: $35
daredevil: $25
country_ck: $25
comoxian: $25
greendart72: $50
screamindartgt: $25
63dartman: $25
78kitcar: $25
340 swing: $50
71produster: $25
snake: $20
retsud043: $25
memike: $35
Prine: $1
FC7freak: $40
moparwedden: $20
lhearold: $25
kzcountry: $50
Longgone: $50
waggin: $30
jaws: $25
Anonymous Member: $50
74 Slant Six: $100
Anonymous Member: $20
scamper340: $25
jomoper: $40
78kitcar: $25
moparker: $10
homecloned: $10
koryliss: $30
340 Dart: $20
72Swinger340: ?
idrift: $20
demon seed: $25
SGBARRACUDA: $50
Judge Mills: $5
Shane: $25
Small Block: $50
71DartGuy: $?
res1vw21: $5
mullinax95: $20
demon sizzler: Auction Item (Restored TQ Carb)
RussDavis: $30
clairday modtop: $5
eaglesguy1981j: $15
George R: $20
hkeller: $25
mattsmopars: $25
Coyote Jack: Anon Amount
65vart: $20
rjsea: $15
Vic Storm: Auction Item (New Chrome BB Valve Covers)
Small Block: Auction Item (New 73 Duster Lower Fender Patch Panel)
Darius (FBBO): $50
68DartProject: $25
pettybludart: $25
69340: $20
grumpuscreature: $20
goldfish65: $20
redfastback: $20
69383gts4spd: $50
jjr426: $1.95
FASTBACK340: $50
Dart_Guy: $24
harley97sp: $12.50
63dartman: ?
71produster: $25

Who's next?

I really wish I could help out here. But I'm in the SAME BOAT!!!! I'm actually even thinking about selling my '65 barracuda. If it wasn't for me getting all of the stuff I do get for free, I'd have nothing. I also have a daughter. And all of my bills are way behind. The only car I have left is my '65 barracuda and a beat too piss parts car I just got for free. But I cannot even afford to get it towed to my house. So I may be screwed there too.

Most of us have cars...

Most of our engines are 225, 318, 340, 360, etc.

My car has a 318. Divide by 100 and donate $3.18.

You 528 Hemi guys can surely kick in $5.28. And show me a slant six guy who couldn't spare $1.98 or $2.25!

So, here's my $3.18, what's under YOUR hood?

74scamp-2.jpg

Mike

Hotrod, I like that idea. So if we have multiple cars do we give for each car? Do engines in the garage count as well. I think I am going to have to get into /6s. ;)

Most of us have cars...

Most of our engines are 225, 318, 340, 360, etc.

My car has a 318. Divide by 100 and donate $3.18.

You 528 Hemi guys can surely kick in $5.28. And show me a slant six guy who couldn't spare $1.98 or $2.25!

So, here's my $3.18, what's under YOUR hood?

Mike

Hotrod, I like that idea. So if we have multiple cars do we give for each car? Do engines in the garage count as well. I think I am going to have to get into /6s. ;)

Hadn't thought of that... I don't have that multi-car problem :)

How about the "most often driven" in your stable? And I think we should see engine shots of the engine you're donating in honor of!

Mike

Hadn't thought of that... I don't have that multi-car problem :)

How about the "most often driven" in your stable? And I think we should see engine shots of the engine you're donating in honor of!

Mike

What about the lawnmower too then?

-
Back