Say What - 196 Days

-
Legendary has always been slow. With all the different products they produce I bet they don't warehouse much except for raw materials.
Considering the makes and models serviced and then all the colors and trim options the factories offered yarns ago, they can not possibly keep everything on the shelf. I think it was Chrysler had something like 25 or 30 steering columns in inventory. Might have had two or three in each warehouse. Some bean counter did a cost analysis and they reduced to I think it was 5 for colors. Then you put model specific steering wheel or center pad on. Differences in length were taken up by a handfull of intermediate shafts.
I think Chevrolet stated one year that with all the models, colors, two and three color paints, trims, engines and transmissions, that they could produce cars for a whole year and not build two identical. The economics of that is astronomical.

Reminds me of year one back in the 90's 4 months for 71-74 b-body console woodgrain.

I finely pulled the trigger on ordering some buckets seat covers from Legendary to complete my seat conversation on my Barracuda. When I got the order conformation back they stated that the lead time to ship will be 196 days. WTF, this is bad.

I ordered almost an entire interior for my Barracuda from them about 8 years ago, with no unreasonable lead time. I think they are "made to order", since maintaining a stock of pre-made covers in all the color combinations makes no business sense, but still 196 days seems excessively long.
Seriously though, I am finding delays getting anything custom. (It took me 13 months to get a house window made, and earlier this year I couldn't even buy an empty 1qt paint can, even at the local "big box" stores.) It is annoying, but that is really all it is. At least you can still get the seats, and things will get better. Look at it this way: You're still alive and the car was not destroyed in a fire, flood, or tornado.

I ordered almost an entire interior for my Barracuda from them about 8 years ago, with no unreasonable lead time. I think they are "made to order", since maintaining a stock of pre-made covers in all the color combinations makes no business sense, but still 196 days seems excessively long.
Seriously though, I am finding delays getting anything custom. (It took me 13 months to get a house window made, and earlier this year I couldn't even buy an empty 1qt paint can, even at the local "big box" stores.) It is annoying, but that is really all it is. At least you can still get the seats, and things will get better. Look at it this way: You're still alive and the car was not destroyed in a fire, flood, or tornado.
"Except for the ending, how did you like the play Mrs Lincoln?" Ridiculous! Sure, it's not the end the world, the car isn't destroyed, and will eventually get done, but, they're at Carlisle hustling more people to buy their stuff when they can't even get the orders they have now done! Even after repeated attempts, I couldn't even get a return phone call for a quote on an order I asked about 14 months ago!

"Except for the ending, how did you like the play Mrs Lincoln?" Ridiculous! Sure, it's not the end the world, the car isn't destroyed, and will eventually get done, but, they're at Carlisle hustling more people to buy their stuff when they can't even get the orders they have now done! Even after repeated attempts, I couldn't even get a return phone call for a quote on an order I asked about 14 months ago!

So what else is there to say? Life's a *****, and then you die. I haven't been to Carlisle. Did you complain to them there?
When I started on my restoration they didn't even have repro covers in the color I needed. For years I had a two-tone interior.

So what else is there to say? Life's a *****, and then you die. I haven't been to Carlisle. Did you complain to them there?
When I started on my restoration they didn't even have repro covers in the color I needed. For years I had a two-tone interior.
I have black carpet white seats, black console black – with wood grain dash trim, black dash pad, and white door panels. it actually looks pretty cool. I was putting a Hurst shifter and my factory console so I ripped the interior out through some new carpet in there I thought about doing white carpet but man that would probably be a bit much. Id have to loose my boots to get in it! Lol

I have black carpet white seats, black console black – with wood grain dash trim, black dash pad, and white door panels. it actually looks pretty cool. I was putting a Hurst shifter and my factory console so I ripped the interior out through some new carpet in there I thought about doing white carpet but man that would probably be a bit much. Id have to loose my boots to get in it! Lol
Mine is a pearl white interior with blue dash pad and carpet.

I was talking to a gentleman this kind of local to my area, Jim Drane. He sent me some pictures of a 66 Hemi Satellite... White with the same color kind of burgundy interior my 66 had. The gentleman died the seats and seat belts and everything man you talk about super sharp and sexy unreal! Ma Mopar had the colors! How is online about a month ago and saw a black Duster or Demon, had a Hemi orange interior.... just sick.....

Man I bet that's going to be completely beautiful when you get that in! I found a place to score local that I guess might be making them here in the United States that has stuff in stock but I'm not sure if their the hundred percent Factory accuracy of Legendary/ Classic/ year one. I believe legendary is the supplier of year one

Last edited:
" wheew" ( slow whistle, reserved for hotties, with class) lol
Man I bet that's going to be completely beautiful when you get that in! I found a place to store a local that I guess might be making them here in the United States that has stuff in stock but I'm not sure if their the hundred percent Factory accuracy of Legendary/ Classic/ year one. I believe legendary is the supplier of year one
I am converting it to bucket seats.

IMG_20180804_103919734_HDR.jpg

Mine used to be white exterior and navy blue interior. When finished it will be pearly white interior with midnight blue/navy upper lower doors, dash, etc. with midnight blue exterior. White top and white boot. Should be sharp looking.

Re car isn't destroyed: local show and shine Wednesday evening, I was talking to a young fellow who was supposed to polish a truck for someone tomorrow. Radio on my way reported a fire east of town. Young fellow said tomorrows work is cancelled due to the truck was destroyed in the fire. That sucks.

Think of it this way, They make upholstery for dozens of brands. Within each brand are decades of years they make products for. Within 1 year are a dozen models and within each model are 3 or so trim levels. Within each trim level are a half a dozen colors. Wait patiently for your seat covers. You aren't the only one in line! We are lucky to have such a quality product available to us. It's worth the wait.

View attachment 1715761772

View attachment 1715761773

View attachment 1715761774
Is that a B7 blue interior? My '70 Swinger 340 is B5 Blue exterior, and A B7 blue interior. If those are the Legendary current products, I'll sign up early. That's classy!

Yesterday I was talking with my Mopar buddy. He has a small family surveying business operating in an area about an hour's drive from Legendary. He can't get help at $25 an hour to do what he described as holding a pole on a spot on the ground. Looks like I'm un-retiring. For a while, anyway. Legendary is trying to operate out of a similar labor pool, which doesn't address material shortages or the need for skilled sewing machine operators, etc. The parameters for operating many businesses have changed, and until they change back (if they do), or we make a new normal work, it's going to be a struggle for all of us.

Yesterday I was talking with my Mopar buddy. He has a small family surveying business operating in an area about an hour's drive from Legendary. He can't get help at $25 an hour to do what he described as holding a pole on a spot on the ground. Looks like I'm un-retiring. For a while, anyway. Legendary is trying to operate out of a similar labor pool, which doesn't address material shortages or the need for skilled sewing machine operators, etc. The parameters for operating many businesses have changed, and until they change back (if they do), or we make a new normal work, it's going to be a struggle for all of us.
There's several problematic issues there we are facing at hand. Some of younger generation doesn't want to work, a lot of the older people have went ahead and quit or retired, and there are shortages of nearly everything. The third one being by Design

There's several problematic issues there we are facing at hand. Some of younger generation doesn't want to work, a lot of the older people have went ahead and quit or retired, and there are shortages of nearly everything. The third one being by Design
To add insult to injury Legendary charged my credit card the full amount $.

Good morning Jim. Sure am waiting to see pics of the new re- upholstered seats when you get them finished.

Good morning Jim. Sure am waiting to see pics of the new re- upholstered seats when you get them finished.
Hay Al
Had I known it was going to take this long to get the covers I would have ordered them along time ago. It never goes as planned. LOL

You wouldn't believe the wait for my Lunati Voodoo cam, and my Trick Flow small block single plane intake. I'm sure I'll go through the same process for my TTI 1 7'8 headers. Good thing I'm old and patient.

-
Back