sb headers, other than the tti or dougs????????????????????????

-
If the 5 tube runs high, they aren't like dougs.

I bet the pictures on the summit site are just rep pics and not the actual item.

dougs...

dou-d453_w.jpg

summits in that link. if they are even mopar headers pictured..

sum-g9101_w.jpg

look at the drivers side header. thats where the difference is. the dougs you can see how they will go over the steering and the sunmmit will be below it.

Look at the gaskets and the flanges. Those in the picture aren't small block headers.

well, i just got a call back from summit.......................................... DOUGS D453 HEADERS, SHIPPED TO MY DOOR WAS 519.87. THEY NOT ONLY BEAT PERFORMANCEPEDDLER PRICE, BUT WILL BE HERE BY NEXT WENSDAY. HE SAID THEY ARE IN HIS FACE, SO I KNOW THEY ARE IN STOCK AND BEING SHIPPED TODAY.

slow down? hell with hooker and headmans on my dart i had to come to almost a complete stop for dips in the road so they wouldn't hit. that just sucks sure i can crank the ride height up so they won't hit but thats not a look i'm into. i'll stick with my tti or dougs.

I was going to shy away from the low hanging tube headers but thought of a suggestion from another member to fashion a bolt on "Skid plate" to protect them. Summits headers are now 120 plus 12 for shipping. For that price so what if they only last 2-3 years.

ok so you protect the header but your still hitting the ground because the low hanging header. no thanks. after having tti's (didn't know about the dougs at th time) on my dart for a few years i will never go back to that low hanging garbage. takes too much of the fun out of driving the car.

yea, i agree, i really did not want to put that much out for the headers, but i remembred a set of the cheapies i had on a car, and lost the driver side low-lying pie on a speed bump. i was not going fat either. so just that horrible flashback made me buy the dougs. i would of went with the stock manifolds before the low sitting headers.lol

You gotta remember for us guys with deep oil pans you gotta be careful any way my pan and headers hang below the same amount. I also think it gives it more of that hot rod look,Kevin.

They are small block chevy headers../QUOTE]

Actually, you can saw off the head flange on sb Chibby headers and weld them right onto a SB Chrysler head flange!!

Why? he asks. Why of course. SB Mopar in a Landcruiser, that's why

They are small block chevy headers../QUOTE]

Actually, you can saw off the head flange on sb Chibby headers and weld them right onto a SB Chrysler head flange!!

Why? he asks. Why of course. SB Mopar in a Landcruiser, that's why

They would hit everything in an A Body for sure by just replacing the flange.

For the price and the fear of smacking the ground, it looks like the Shorty Header did fairly well in the comparison! In a street car you will NEVER notice the difference of 8HP & 12lbs of Torque, no way NO HOW!

yea, i agree, i really did not want to put that much out for the headers, but i remembred a set of the cheapies i had on a car, and lost the driver side low-lying pie on a speed bump. i was not going fat either. so just that horrible flashback made me buy the dougs. i would of went with the stock manifolds before the low sitting headers.lol

Of course they won't give me that price. They will only give me the $537. Do you know who you talked to?

OK I did the chat thing and they gave me them for $518.97. Pretty cool. Great customer service after I went through 2 people.

a bodies are not trucks, slow down for dips.

with the leak thing everybody has a diff experience.
I've had'em leak, I've had'em not leak.

good gaskets, proper torque/re torque, and an exhaust flange that hasn't been opened up too far..make the difference between leaking and not leaking.imo

doesnt mather how slow you go over a speedbump when there is not space enought to go sideways over them:(
on the leaking subject i do agree with you, i also feel a need to add that i have noticed that on alot of cheap headers they are warped like crazy with enourmus tension on everything some of them move alot if you cut the flanges betwen the ports.
and dont ask me why but in 2004 i still had cheap headers and a deep oilpan and the only thing that hit the road was the headers never the oilpan.

on a more possitive note i have had good excperience with the smaller tube hooker supercomps, i think they where partnumber 5116 but i may be wrong,low hanging design but with #1tube having a slipjoint and no clearance problems with the car,they also sealed nicely both at the head and collector/exhausthookup the big diference at the collector was that the flange was welded to it instead of floating
i dont sugest the more expensive stuff only beacuse it usualy gives less problems,but i like to recomend good workmaship and quality in front of cheap stuff massproduced just to be cheap with litle consern for quality and durability.. i wish more people would apreciate these things alitle more,it would benefit everyone

WOW! Man the wife is pissed about $500 for the Dougs can't imagine $1600... She said she has 3 kids, our daughter, the dog and me...

see TTI or dougs are not all that expensive:)
but seriously look at those beutifull headers they are something FAR above the average cheap to mediumpriced headers

Got a set of patriot's coated on my 69 dart fit is great. I was told that these are made by the same company as doug's (pertronix) dont know that for fact but I love mine. Around $400 on ebay

-
Back