SB Xram Pics - Edelbrock STR12 Manifold

-
If all it takes is 30, I could use 3 (1%?) right now, so let's get a list going!:cheers:

One of these Manifolds would look great on my Dart with the 416, is there any chance that something like this can come about? I would like to add my name to this list also!!!

If we all want one,everybody needs to ask them for one.I they get swarmed with emails,phone calls etc,theyll make them,agree?I cant do it alone though,how bad do you want one?

Put me down for one!

On another note, I'm suprised LAR414 has not been mentioned with his crossrammed 340 in his dart.

Here's a pic he sent me a while back.

DSC008911.jpg

You may also want to look him up because there are quite a few mods you have to perform to get these suckers to fit right against your valve covers and such.
After talking to him, I decided it was not worth the trouble for now, but I would like to get one some day but the way my project is going, I don't need any further complications.

It looks like the easiest way to get this done is via E-mail to Edelbrock and ask that you be notified when/if they become availible.

Put me down for one!

On another note, I'm suprised LAR414 has not been mentioned with his crossrammed 340 in his dart.

DSC008911.jpg

You may also want to look him up because there are quite a few mods you have to perform to get these suckers to fit right against your valve covers and such.
After talking to him, I decided it was not worth the trouble for now, but I would like to get one some day but the way my project is going, I don't need any further complications.

Larry (LAR414) should absolutely be mentioned. He started helping me back in 12/07 with setting up the Xram. Man, he's got one wicked ride there!

I just received an E-mail from a Mr.Raymond Garcia at Edelbrock. He said that while he wasn't certain exactly how many x-rams would have to be ordered to re-cast them, he DID say he'd bring up the topic at one of their meetings. SO- there you have it! If you want it done, contact him & tell I already him you'll buy 'em if they make 'em!:cheers::toothy7:

I just received an E-mail from a Mr.Raymond Garcia at Edelbrock. He said that while he wasn't certain exactly how many x-rams would have to be ordered to re-cast them, he DID say he'd bring up the topic at one of their meetings. SO- there you have it! If you want it done, contact him & tell I already him you'll buy 'em if they make 'em!:cheers::toothy7:

What is Mr Garcia's email address?

What is Mr Garcia's email address?
If you go to Edelbrock's tech section & mark it for him & send the request he'll get it. I don't know his EXACT address as every time I made inquiries, he's answered them & usually within a day or 2. I think maybe he's the only one respnsible for E-mail inquiries there....

Put me down for one!

DSC008911.jpg

Thats gotta give any small block guy a woody!!!!!

An E-Brock STR 12 is exactly what I'm looking for! If there's a limited run, COUNT ME IN! Without revealing too much, it would be the centerpiece of my project.

Any way to keep interested parties informed if this happens to move forward?

Greg

If there's a limited run count me in too!!!
E-mail has been sent, so come on guys it only took a few minutes to send an E-mail to edelbrock to let them know I'd buy one if they made it.
I wasn't sure were to send it, so I just sent it to there sales dept. [email protected]

Are there similiar posts started on other mopar forums? if not maybe we should get the word out, strength in numbers ya know. Post started on Moparts. what about big block dart, mopar chat etc.
I'd love to have one of these sitting under the hood of my Challenger.

what kind of power do you need to have to run one of these intakes? im planing on doing a 408ci and love the look of the intake.

what kind of power do you need to have to run one of these intakes? im planing on doing a 408ci and love the look of the intake.

As I understand it, theese things were originally planned for the Trans-Am cars before the rules disallowed multiple carbs, so somewhere in the area of 450hp/ 3000+ Rpm would be their work environment. A street 408 with gears would be able to handle it, IMO.

The short answer is "Yes".The big 3 all used xrams at some point in time in Trans-Am and as we all know had varying degrees of success, with Chevy (IMO) being the highest profile. If you look at x-rams from them they all look pretty much the same. I had an x-ram on a SBC using 550cfm Holleys & a 327/350hp cam and didn't have any problems. The original factory set-up for these wer a pair of 660s. I suspect with today's technology & stroker smallblocks a competent gearhead could still dial one in for the street. I used a book called "Camaro-- Untold Secrets " as a guide as it had a whole chapter dedicated to the x-rams. I'd recommend that and/or possibly contacting someone that used one before as sometimes airdams & staggered jetting need to be used & that can take some time dialing in.

As an aside to all this, if you really want people to start scratching their heads, use an x-ram but modify the top to accept the new in-line 4bbl from Barry Grant. For the youngsters out there, this is just a re-do of the in-line 4bbl that Ford used for their Trans-Am effort. While Frod didn't havw great success with it, today you might actually get it to work.

Any idea where to get a copy of "Camaro-- Untold Secrets " book? I've been looking for one for quite a while. I've got an STR-12 too, and have been told that this is pretty much a "must have" to help the project along.
Daryl

"Amazon.com"? Hi-performance Books? Whenever you give-up on your search, PM me & i could probably find it or send you the chapter you need..........

His anyone heard back from Edelbrock about these? If not I'll call again and put a bug in thier ear and do up a letter this time.

-
Back