Second Blueprint 408 issues

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home after a day-trip for business.

Read through the warranty file after seeing the thread.

So first off, If this is truly a rod knock, then I would be equally upset. I can honestly say that about the only thing worst than having to pull an engine for repairs, is having to pull the engine for a 2nd time, for more repairs. I 100% agree, and feel the pain on this one.

That being said, There's alot of checking to do before it even gets pulled. We want to make sure we're crossing T's and Dotting I's. Lets get the plugs out of it, the oil drained, the filter cut open, etc. I do see where we offered assistance and suggested these things, and to bring it back if needed, and vehicle owner wants his local shop to dive into it. Understandable. I would 100% cover all bases to make sure its 100% bearing failure, and if it is, then its that simple. We'll make it right with the owner. Not much else to say about it other than it sucks. If they cut open the filter and its full of bearings, then that tells the tale. If there is nothing in the filter, we may get lucky with a collapsed lifter., and something like that is relatively simple. No one knows at this point.

For all reading, as always, you can contact me directly to help with issues, and even more important, know we're here to help.

Just got home after a day-trip for business.

Read through the warranty file after seeing the thread.

So first off, If this is truly a rod knock, then I would be equally upset. I can honestly say that about the only thing worst than having to pull an engine for repairs, is having to pull the engine for a 2nd time, for more repairs. I 100% agree, and feel the pain on this one.

That being said, There's alot of checking to do before it even gets pulled. We want to make sure we're crossing T's and Dotting I's. Lets get the plugs out of it, the oil drained, the filter cut open, etc. I do see where we offered assistance and suggested these things, and to bring it back if needed, and vehicle owner wants his local shop to dive into it. Understandable. I would 100% cover all bases to make sure its 100% bearing failure, and if it is, then its that simple. We'll make it right with the owner. Not much else to say about it other than it sucks. If they cut open the filter and its full of bearings, then that tells the tale. If there is nothing in the filter, we may get lucky with a collapsed lifter., and something like that is relatively simple. No one knows at this point.

For all reading, as always, you can contact me directly to help with issues, and even more important, know we're here to help.

Thanks Johnny. I have the car dropped off at the builder now. Should I have him contact you directly? if so can you pm me your number

Thanks Johnny. I have the car dropped off at the builder now. Should I have him contact you directly? if so can you pm me your number
I see you were working with Ken, and he is the warranty manager. The shop can contact him as first point of contact, but I will PM you my number also in case they, or you, need something immediate and he is tied up.

Again sorry for the problems. We'll get ya taken care of. I fully understand how much it deflates a project to have setbacks like this. Like i said above, let's start with the simple stuff and see what we find.

I see you were working with Ken, and he is the warranty manager. The shop can contact him as first point of contact, but I will PM you my number also in case they, or you, need something immediate and he is tied up.

Again sorry for the problems. We'll get ya taken care of. I fully understand how much it deflates a project to have setbacks like this. Like i said above, let's start with the simple stuff and see what we find.
This deal sounds like an inconvenience but not a problem......

If I can actually remember this?.. doesn't the story start with the o p buying a blueprint engine from someone else used and now warrantied it and this is the motor were talking about?

When BP signs up for a forum....I would think it's not "splattered" and not "dirty laundry". If I was the one that paid the $$ Chargrrrr did, it comes with the right to do exactly what he is doing. If YOU spent the $$, we would be reading about it as well, justifiably.
Did you call Blueprint first or just splatter it out here like dirty laundry?

When BP signs up for a forum....I would think it's not "splattered" and not "dirty laundry". If I was the one that paid the $$ Chargrrrr did, it comes with the right to do exactly what he is doing. If YOU spent the $$, we would be reading about it as well, justifiably.
I think the statement is more in the spirit of (Do we actually have any idea whatsoever who, what, where this "knocking" sound even is at this point?) He's just getting at the point that it may be very quick/early to "go public" Flywheel bolts? loose motor mounts? loose exhaust? trans mount?

at the very least the vendor is on it, going to make it right...so one more reason to trust them in my book, opposed to looking elsewhere.

Well the "wording" is open for interpretation. Me...I would be justifiably upset and yes I agree John appears to be looking after it.
We shall see what evolves.
I think the statement is more in the spirit of (Do we actually have any idea whatsoever who, what, where this "knocking" sound even is at this point?) He's just getting at the point that it may be very quick/early to "go public" Flywheel bolts? loose motor mounts? loose exhaust? trans mount?

at the very least the vendor is on it, going to make it right...so one more reason to trust them in my book, opposed to looking elsewhere.

I would be worried that someone else opening that engine voids the warranty.
Sucks, I would think that BP would pay for removal and freight at this point.

Blueprint shouldn't pay not one red cent unless they see what's wrong and that it was somehow their fault or the fault of a bad part. That's how parts store engine warranties work. A rep is sent out to do a preliminary check, the engine is pulled if necessary and sent in for inspection. Then a warranty determination is made.

I would be calling Blueprint or Johnny directly. FIRST.

It sure looks like JohnnyMac/Blueprint Engines is working to resolve the issue.. I see no fault there.

Exactly. He's said they are going to make it right, so that's all that matters.

Splitting hairs here lol, but are BP buying a plane ticket for Johnny or any other BP rep to check it out?
Is/are BP a "parts store"?
Read my other reply where I said I would be worried about voiding the warranty if Chargrrr's mechanic opened it up for diagnosis.
Your wording "splattered" and "dirty laundry" ???
Yep Johnny appears to be looking after him. As I said earlier let's see what evolves.
Once the "issue" is "found", I hope the OP airs his dirty or clean laundry here for all to see.
This is similar to a Shady Dell thread.....lol
Blueprint shouldn't pay not one red cent unless they see what's wrong and that it was somehow their fault or the fault of a bad part. That's how parts store engine warranties work. A rep is sent out to do a preliminary check, the engine is pulled if necessary and sent in for inspection. Then a warranty determination is made.

I would be calling Blueprint or Johnny directly. FIRST.

It's all good fellas. I have anyone's back on here. Not much more needs said until anyone knows more.

i think you've forgotten how the internet works :D

Seems funny to me that the guy has had TWO , fail in a row ---------
Don't sound right . After warrantying and engine I would bet his *** that they sent him a good one !

The shop did all the inspections to rule out the noise coming from somewhere else. Then they went one by one disconnecting the spark plug wires and found the noise stopped( or significantly decreased) when the #2 spark plug wire was removed. I went by and pulled the dip stick, lots of metal shavings, way more than before. At this point everything is pointing to rod bearing failure on #2 cylinder. I told the shop to pull the motor and remove the pan.

The shop did all the inspections to rule out the noise coming from somewhere else. Then they went one by one disconnecting the spark plug wires and found the noise stopped( or significantly decreased) when the #2 spark plug wire was removed. I went by and pulled the dip stick, lots of metal shavings, way more than before. At this point everything is pointing to rod bearing failure on #2 cylinder. I told the shop to pull the motor and remove the pan.

Not tell you what to do but it's obvious something is wrong internally. Why not make full use of your warranty and send the motor sealed up to Blueprint. Just thinking out loud that it probably won't change the outcome however someone has to pay the shop for the additional labor of digging into the motor and is that your responsibility. The flip side is I could see where you would be curious....

Sux all the way around but I am sure Blueprint will make everything right....

JW

Not tell you what to do but it's obvious something is wrong internally. Why not make full use of your warranty and send the motor sealed up to Blueprint. Just thinking out loud that it probably won't change the outcome however someone has to pay the shop for the additional labor of digging into the motor and is that your responsibility. The flip side is I could see where you would be curious....

Sux all the way around but I am sure Blueprint will make everything right....

JW

Yeah I could send it back to them, but quite frankly, at this point, I am not trusting there product.

So I guess my options at this point is to either repair this one, if it can be repaired. Or put the strong running 340 that I took out back in. Or I can just take the 408 and build it to my liking since I am not sending it back to them.

I just spoke to the folks at blue print and they want the motor back but I am not willing to do this. I ran into someone out here that had his 408 from blue print have issues and they paid to have it repaired in the field.

I get that issues happen on anything mechanical, but for it to happen twice is one time to many.

What do you all recommend?

What do you lose by sending it to them for repair/replacement? You would be crazy to take a total loss on the engine when they are WILLING to make it right.

There are a BUNCH of blueprint engines out there. They couldn’t keep the doors open if they had to replace every engine 2 or 3 times for free. Let them check it out and see if it was faulty machine work, assembly, or parts.

Why wasnt this just put in the other thread you started?

408 from blue print

Despite fault, which at this point could be anything, if this is how you talk to people, and about a company you expect to help you, you arent doing yourself any favors.

Thought you were selling this?

If i was an engine builder and you started thread #2 about something i fixed free once, i'd be washing my hands of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back