Secret second hobbies

-
I love a nice drink, but unfortunately I cannot anymore. "Non Alcoholic" Fatty Liver Disease. I have beat it back w diet and exercise, but have to be vigilant. Real nice collection though.

I love a nice drink, but unfortunately I cannot anymore.
I'll have one for you if that's ok. I am enjoying a Knob Creek barrel pick we did a few months ao. Cheers to you.

20220919_181000.jpg

Knob Creek Barrel pick Conoco.jpg9.jpg

I love a nice drink, but unfortunately I cannot anymore. "Non Alcoholic" Fatty Liver Disease. I have beat it back w diet and exercise, but have to be vigilant. Real nice collection though.
I take "Milk Thistle" to keep my liver numbers in check. So far so good. I had Covid for a couple weeks and didn't have a drop. Someone was telling be to back off a bit. LOL

I am a sponsored competitive shooter when I am not laying under my Mopar cussing it or racing it! Kind of the same thing! And of course I teach firearms and defensive firearms skills courses! It is a black hole hobby just like Mopars!

525C9440-A399-4928-BEC5-573037D1D1DE.jpeg

2FA704BB-61F4-4E09-8025-9428977E1B25.jpeg

3490A917-0760-4B46-B575-7062F27A256F.jpeg

4EB1D7D3-F385-49CB-82BB-60239D1EC461.jpeg

It's no secret to those that know me but I'm an avid golfer. I haven't played as much in the last 2 years while getting my 2 Demons put together. But I will hopefully be playing more soon!!

I think one of my hobbies is trying to keep a restaurant alive in a small community in my town that was built in the 1800's . Not much here and it is far out in the middle of nothing but we have a large grain elevator that farmers bring in there crops and this time of year the trucks are in line waiting to unload.
Took my old truck and a BBQ grill and my son out to the trucks and flipped hamburgers so the truck drivers could have some kind of meal.
Went over real good and most of the truck drivers were friends of mine and had a great time for a few days.
IMG_20220912_155304911_HDR.jpg

Restoring and riding old Honda's.

That's a good time I'm sure...once upon a time I had two different copies of pro race CR250s campaigned by wealthy privateers.... one was 80's vintage and the other 90's.... they were both a joy to ride. I still have a Suzuki TM and a CZ Falta that still has Barum tires on it... a little off topic for this group lol.

Wow, glad I revived this thread. I finished the timing tower tonight. Gonna figure out where I want these buildings to be. Moving em around to figure out where the best spot will be. I have a hot dog stand I need to build next. I want to get some more people and some potta pottys lol

20220919_203342.jpg

20220919_203351.jpg

20220919_203402.jpg

20220919_203413.jpg

I might as well fess up. I don't have a drinking problem, I have a collecting problem. I'm up to around 230 bottles. When I'm thirsty, it's damn hard to choose!

View attachment 1715987958

View attachment 1715987959

View attachment 1715987960

View attachment 1715987961

View attachment 1715987962

View attachment 1715987963

View attachment 1715987964

I have a neighbor down the road, he is a big collector of beer cans...about 20-30 cans per day..all empties!!!:thumbsup:

I have a neighbor down the road, he is a big collector of beer cans...about 20-30 cans per day..all empties!!!:thumbsup:
I knew a guy like that. Died of liver cirrhosis bout two years ago.

I knew a guy like that. Died of liver cirrhosis bout two years ago.

I have known more than a few that could drink a case of beer a day. On a hot day, I could ever so often drink 1 COLD beer but a second one would taste like crap.
When I was a kid, mom said "DON"t you ever drink any beer!! Tastes like horse piss!" I asked HOW she knew what horse piss tastes like. "She said when you live on a big farm thats worked by horses/mules and you have 9 brothers/sisters, there are some things you just learn!" Nuff said.

Circa 1995, while renting a room above a bar in Juneau, Alaska, one day I heard a racket down the hall. One of the tenants had a snow shovel (this was summer) and was cleaning out the room of another tenant. The room was FULL of beer cans, about 12-18 inches high on every floor space of the unit. The shovel was being used to scoop up the aluminum cans.

Don't know how the drunk who lived there could even have walked around inside. (This incident led me to believe that alcohol does not really dehydrate one--a myth I recently read has been de-bunked. If true this guy would have died from dehydration-but actually I don't know where the guy went, maybe he did die and moved out in a pine box).

I do long distance solo camping in old trucks. My primary rig is a '96 Land Rover, secondary is a '77 GMC. Currently putting a (slightly more) modern engine in my '73 Land Rover for a trip up the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay.
IMG20220827133614.jpg

P_20190902_181421.jpg

DSCF1185.JPG

That's a good time I'm sure...once upon a time I had two different copies of pro race CR250s campaigned by wealthy privateers.... one was 80's vintage and the other 90's.... they were both a joy to ride. I still have a Suzuki TM and a CZ Falta that still has Barum tires on it... a little off topic for this group lol.
Not off topic at all for me. I'm an old mxer from the 70s. I raced a 73 CZ 250 and loved every minute of it, but I could only dream of a Falta!

Sadly my hobbies have taken a back seat since the economy took a dump a few months back but things are kinda starting to turn around, can't get too deep into any projects though because I'm trying to get a job in another state and relocate.

Besides old Mopars I like shooting and just being a guns and weapons nerd. I know way too much about tanks and armored vehicles, I need to visit an armored vehicle museum at some point and the Tank Museum at Bovington in the UK is a bucket-list destination. A few months back I got a Century CETME Sporter .308 which is my first centerfire rifle, also have a Mossberg 500 20ga, old Remington bolt-action .22, and inherited my grandpa's Browning Hi-Power and Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag a few years back. I'd like to take some self-defense firearm training courses and possibly get into competitive shooting sports. Hunting sounds fun too but I have zero experience or knowledge.

I'm fascinated by astronomy and really want to get a legit telescope at some point, possibly one for doing photography. If I'm in a remote area away from light pollution and can see the full spectrum of stars I end up gazing for so long I don't realize until my neck gets sore lol.

I was hoping to get my first motorcycle, take the safety course and start riding but it doesn't make sense in my current situation. It's gonna happen at some point though.

I also enjoy camping and the outdoors in general. I went on a camping trip a few weeks ago and tried for the first time not only kayaking on a lake but also fishing from a kayak lol. Can't say it's something I'm super interested in but it's relaxing and not very expensive to get into.

And finally not really a "hobby" but I've become legit addicted to lifting weights at the gym. I need to go at least twice a week or I feel like absolute **** both mentally and physically. I'd also like to get into some kind of MMA, I've done traditional martial arts at various points in my life and want to get back into it but also want to learn how to actually fight and experience what it feels like to have my *** kicked, then kick someone else's *** (I grew up in the 90s with the huge anti-bullying anti-violence movement in schools, just turned us all into pussies IMO.)

Really really hoping and praying I get a good job offer soon, I'm sick of where I live and sick of my job and sick of having no extra money for fun things.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm a bit of an audiophile as well, I love live music and recently acquired for free a pair of '80s-vintage Techniks(sp?) speakers, Pioneer receiver and equalizer and Sony turntable. Next project is wiring up a power supply to the turntable because the only existing power hookup is a weird proprietary Sony plug I of course don't have the cable for. Bought my first vinyl record this past weekend, out of the junk they had at Best Buy I picked a David Bowie hits collection. Really looking forward to hearing fresh vinyl through my "new" setup.

My super double secret hobby is that I am a civil war collector,,,I keep it on the down low for a few reasons.
20220923_152952.jpg

-
Back