Serious 340 build into 361 HiRPM Screamer

-
There were way fewer options for off the shelf trick parts for a SBM in 1991.
Man! You ain’t kidding. It was starting to get good then.
Trying to keep the performance up and cost down in the early ‘80’s for a 1/2 broke kid wasn’t easy! W2’s were WAY out of reach for me then.

Tech posts are starting to go to hell on this site anymore. Kinda sucks after the amount of time it takes to post them up.

Staying on topic is always an issue with people.
No regards or respect.

Tech posts are starting to go to hell on this site anymore. Kinda sucks after the amount of time it takes to post them up.

Yup, and what Rumble
Staying on topic is always an issue with people.
No regards or respect.

Both of you gentlemen are correct. I understand why it happens though as even in a technical discussion at work sometimes a little humor gets thrown in there which can sidetrack a conversation just the same. Maybe anything I post should be just pictures though and just let the discussion go wherever. You know post up a dyno sheet on an odd build and when the questions start just say things like "Sure is cold out there" Might be an interesting thought experiment. J.Rob

Sorry I got carried away.
No more

Trust me I’ve done it too as we all get sidetracked easily. What really bothers me and I guess it shouldn’t is guys want to sidetrack posts with their build or car and a post really gets redirected. Start your own post so we can all read about your build and ask questions about it. It just seems like some guys are afraid or don’t know how to do so. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Trust me I’ve done it too as we all get sidetracked easily. What really bothers me and I guess it shouldn’t is guys want to sidetrack posts with their build or car and a post really gets redirected. Start your own post so we can all read about your build and ask questions about it. It just seems like some guys are afraid or don’t know how to do so. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
The conversation had already turned to “what is high rpm” when I joined in and I only posted information on my combo in response to your questions. I didn’t post pictures in response to 512’s request for “proof” as I didn’t want to derail further. I’m a b-body guy, nobody wants to see that here. Trying to control what’s posted is like trying to control a conversation with your racing buddies. Regardless, my apologies to the OP. Have a Mod delete all the irrelevant posts to clean this thread up.

The conversation had already turned to “what is high rpm” when I joined in and I only posted information on my combo in response to your questions. I didn’t post pictures in response to 512’s request for “proof” as I didn’t want to derail further. I’m a b-body guy, nobody wants to see that here. Trying to control what’s posted is like trying to control a conversation with your racing buddies. Regardless, my apologies to the OP. Have a Mod delete all the irrelevant posts to clean this thread up.
Pictures are always appropriate A, B, C body it does not matter we are all Mopar Guy's here. I always ask for proof on forums as there are alot of bullshits artists out there.
Sorry I ruined your day, per your request I deleted my prior posts.

My apologies for my contribution to de rail. One thing, @Hemirunner start a thread about your car. Please

Last edited:
Pictures are always appropriate A, B, C body it does not matter we are all Mopar Guy's here. I always ask for proof on forums as there are alot of bullshits artists out there.
Sorry I ruined your day, per your request I deleted my prior posts.
It wasn’t my feelings that were hurt, lol. You can see all my pictures on the b-body site. I deleted my posts as well.

Looked at some EQ 318b heads this morning RAMM that a guy was selling… they don’t look like the old ones

7492304D-9A05-4ABE-AB46-66BFB19196A4.png

4B56F608-4925-4759-A137-2233AD9C6A41.jpeg

841049A3-C23D-4707-905E-4943F1343D5D.jpeg

1BBDF647-361C-43B8-85F5-EAF3872F1C63.jpeg

9FBB0A8F-AB42-4AC8-AA69-C5181C5C7E26.jpeg

Yes sir I am familiar with Shilos car. Seen it many times. I was asking to hear and see the sled pull truck that @Moparpuller has. I’d love to hear a small block at 8500rpm with 30,000 pounds behind it.

Ahhh I missed the sled part and the 30,000, there is a lot moving parts to this thread.

Highlight the address in the search bar,
Copy it, come here and paste it.

Haven't touched it--with the new job I can only get into the shop on weekends and customers stuff first. J.Rob
Looked at mine yesterday…they look like they will only need a hone to make them work

-
Back