She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
I knew this scrap a couple cars a week plan was going to get you into trouble! Bad enough if you let them follow you home, but once you name the strays, you're done! they're yours.

I'd say Lump has joined the family, better get pulling on those dents.

Boy you sure cut to the chase! LMBO!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!:toothy10:

No better words have ever been spoken!! LOL!!!

When I was planning to scrap 2 a week, I didn't mean A Bodies LOL!!!

I have found out real fast the scrapping plan is shping up to be no go, but various ads I have placed will be running 2 more weeks. I even tried hunting scrap, it's just not panning out.

Really fighting the urge to go to Loisville to buy a solid 2 door post 61 falcon with a fresh maverick engine and tranny in it. restored long ago so in rust free shape......ABB would kill me!!!

Your right I shouldn't have named her.
Point taken on the strays!! LOL!! I'm still new to all this! LMBO!!!!:-D

Thanks for the shout out and have a good one Gryzynx!!:cheers:

I kinda find myself in a very similar spot. I bought an '88 Gran Fury cop car with the intention of using parts off it on my Duster project. Now I've been driving it off & on for the last 2 years. It drives good, handles good and looks like crap.
Anyhow, I am soon to strip it down. That is what I bought it for...

With Lump? That looks like a lot of fixin' to me. Is there any other damage related to what you have shown us at the A pillar? How do the doors on the passenger side work, any binding? How large and equal are the gaps around the doors? Between front door and rear door? On the drivers rear door? Is there a leak in the trunk? Does the trunk lid sit square and seal good?

It's not that it isn't fixable, or worthy, but it looks to me like you need some serious time on a frame machine. That's not cheap.
C

I will step out and say consider all of the wonderful cars that Lump could become part of! She's lump, she's lump, she's lump
She might be dead

Is this lump outta my head?

Don't hate me for my opinion, usually I say save 'em all. If you do decide to save Lump, go for it and make a sleeper! Mud flowed up into lump's pajamas

I know but there is that part of "if it's not too much of a project".
This is just barley off my normal repair charts. But not beyond me to weld some pulling tabs (looks like there were 5 or 6 pcs of blue painted metal in the trunk I could use) on the right places. Park next to a phone pole on my corner, and use a come along to pull it out my self.

this from a man with a rollback with a winch on it:bootysha: fix it:cheers: cut your 4 hours sleep down to 2 and you'll have lump looking like a champ in a week:-D

I've gotta scrap this in the next few weeks. Really rusty, but I think the rocker and post are OK. FABO friends, I'll put it up for parts when I get started with it. Just wanted to give 64dart170 a heads up.
Picture 002 (Medium).jpg
I'm probably moving to Smither's BC this summer and I've got to thin my herd.

Picture 002 (Medium).jpg

You cant save them all with the job position you are in. I know some of where you are coming from.I have bought 6 Early A Cudas in the last couple years and countless parts. I have realized only 3 of the 6 are worth saving and need money to buy another house. I have picked the 3 best and rarest to save and in the last month I have stripped the other 3. I will be using the parts I need from those and then sell off what I dont need. I had a hard time deciding not to save the other 3 but step aside and look at where you are at and where you could be.

Her name is LUMP.
She's the 2nd score from the

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

thread. Brought her home yesterday. Took her out for a test drive for the first time today and WOW!!! Hold on to your white hats boys! We got a live one!!!

Lump is a 1974 Dart Custom 4 Door 318 Auto/ (part air craft!)
That girl FLYS!!!! What a total sleeper. Went out to the highway and when turning on had to feather throttle to keep from smoking the tires:cheers:

Here's the rub.... (besides water hitting me from the tire inside the car!!) LOL!!
I need FABO's experienced help in trying to decide to restore or part and scrap.
Lump is so solid (other than damage in pics) and clean!! Drives great but sounds like it needs passenger tie rod end?? Rattles a little but flys like the wind grasshopper. LOL!!:-D

Bet the 4 doors suprised alot of the FABO members who know me. A complete suprise that a 4 door would wind up here needing attention!:love7:

I may be crazy (shouldn't have anything to do with it) but I really like Lump! ABB says, "crazy maybe but you love all the Darts not just that one.
She does have a point so I thought I would ask FABO for an unclouded, removed from the situation, opinions.

Please take a moment and voice your, restore it or Part it, opinions!
Thanks Again for being here!!!:cheers:

So without further BS, Here's LUMP!

Play video for theme music while checking pics!! Just click link below:

YouTube- The Presidents of the USA - Lump

Have a good one and enjoy! Please leave sugestions on restore or part/scrap please!8)

I think the "good" points far outway the "bad"...you should keep & fix or give someone the chance to fix it and make it their own.

NO Scrapping Allowed :wack:

Hey whats going on here??

We never firmly decided yet!!!!

She's Lump, She's Lump, She's Lump, she's in my head, she might be dead.

Is Lump being brought back from the "Boggy Marsh"????

Or is she going to be an organ donor??????

Lump spent her 20's between the sheets & life limped along at subsonic speed!!!

Is this Lump outta of my head???

I think so.......8)

Background tunes, hit link!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOY7U3ckeUA&feature=related"]YouTube- Presidents of the USA - LUMP - Live on Letterman[/ame]

Parts or show/driver??

What is that crazy 64dart170 doing now???

Good thing ABB won't be home till after dark. If she see's I tore up another one, she's gonna freak and "BEAT" on my head!!!!!!!:toothy10:

I just think I get more done doing multiples!!!:-D Cars at the same time!:toothy10:

Besides having ADD, OCD, When I get to something that stops me on one, I can move to the next, and not have to run to town again till the next day for parts or whatever!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I kinda find myself in a very similar spot. I bought an '88 Gran Fury cop car with the intention of using parts off it on my Duster project. Now I've been driving it off & on for the last 2 years. It drives good, handles good and looks like crap.
Anyhow, I am soon to strip it down. That is what I bought it for...

With Lump? That looks like a lot of fixin' to me. Is there any other damage related to what you have shown us at the A pillar? How do the doors on the passenger side work, any binding? How large and equal are the gaps around the doors? Between front door and rear door? On the drivers rear door? Is there a leak in the trunk? Does the trunk lid sit square and seal good?

It's not that it isn't fixable, or worthy, but it looks to me like you need some serious time on a frame machine. That's not cheap.
C

Pass side doors work like brand new!! Align perfect!

Drivers rear door push in when post lost it's arch. The result is top of rear door window and belt line of door pushed in 1" at post, pulled away from latch.

All Darts Leak in trunk! LOL!!:toothy10: At least when I get them! Trunk lid aligns and works like new!!

Love this car. Funny stuff with front end though, tie rod end on pass side loose or the sway bar off there. Rubber bump stop missing on drivers has hit metal to metal couple times.
Drivers side hood hindge rubbing slightly on the Inner fender.

I know you'd never scrap a Dart, especially a more door. Sorry to hear the scrap plan is not working out, (yet). Pastortom probably could have used your help. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=99271
FOTO looks up to the challenge!

Wow! Poor pastertom!!!

If they told me it was in my state after all that and be there in a couple of days, I'd say bless you my ACEHOLE I'm leaving right now to come and get it. Where is it located exactly!!

FOTO will be long range after a tranny shop visit and replace rear tank filler tube. The leafs are digging into it when car on board, but is very old and I want to fix front tank to use too!! FOTO was never bought for scrapping, I was just trying to find a way for him to pay his own insurance. That truck is BAD ACED!! Too bad it has been abused and "rigged" in so many ways. It will take a year or two to get everything working the way it should, pre heat and AC, cruse control too, none of it works, but it runs great and can still haul Darts. It was purchased so Me and

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

wouldn't miss out on any more "DEAL" cars that pop up. I missed four great deals in a little over a month due to no ride or hauler!
That aint happinin no mo!:cheers:

I will step out and say consider all of the wonderful cars that Lump could become part of! She's lump, she's lump, she's lump
She might be dead

Is this lump outta my head?

Don't hate me for my opinion, usually I say save 'em all. If you do decide to save Lump, go for it and make a sleeper! Mud flowed up into lump's pajamas

Hey bamacuda, I agree with you too!
Man my head is spinnin' thinking on it so much!!
This is for ya!!!!:cheers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZJPcD6QWe4"]YouTube- Presidents of the United States of America - Lump (lyrics)[/ame]

I know but there is that part of "if it's not too much of a project".
This is just barley off my normal repair charts. But not beyond me to weld some pulling tabs (looks like there were 5 or 6 pcs of blue painted metal in the trunk I could use) on the right places. Park next to a phone pole on my corner, and use a come along to pull it out my self.

this from a man with a rollback with a winch on it:bootysha: fix it:cheers: cut your 4 hours sleep down to 2 and you'll have lump looking like a champ in a week:-D

After that week will that mean she is a
Campump
or a
Lumamp afterwords???
We can still call her LUMP though right? I mean, I'm really havin too much fun with that name!!:toothy10:

Link for tune!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ai5cgFar0&feature=related"]YouTube- Weird Al - Gump[/ame]

Have a good one & enjoy!!!!:-D

I've gotta scrap this in the next few weeks. Really rusty, but I think the rocker and post are OK. FABO friends, I'll put it up for parts when I get started with it. Just wanted to give 64dart170 a heads up.
View attachment 148689
I'm probably moving to Smither's BC this summer and I've got to thin my herd.

I couldn't do it!!!!!
That car is in better shape than FERN our 75 Dart!!
If I can't cut something up at the yard, I'll PM YA. I can't bring a whole other car home yet. Better give it at least a week or two or ABB will scream like a banshee!!!!:toothy10:

You cant save them all with the job position you are in. I know some of where you are coming from.I have bought 6 Early A Cudas in the last couple years and countless parts. I have realized only 3 of the 6 are worth saving and need money to buy another house. I have picked the 3 best and rarest to save and in the last month I have stripped the other 3. I will be using the parts I need from those and then sell off what I dont need. I had a hard time deciding not to save the other 3 but step aside and look at where you are at and where you could be.

chryslerfat, very wise words and good points, noted.
Will reread this to myself many more times!!
After The show this weekend BOF should be bringing home her 2nd trophy in 3 shows. She will be done and all she will need is a new paint job in a year or two, and a new master!
She will be set free in 2 weeks on here first then CL. I hope her new master can controll her!!:-D

Like I said, she's done. She's not posessed anymore, and is one dependable ***** with tude!!! I'm just going in too many directions and I think she's ready to leave the stable. Will miss her trailer hitch, but have FOTO now!

Thanks for posting and sharing your wisdom. I'm not BS-ing! Really Thank You!!!:cheers: You are SOOooo right on with the job situation!!!

That body damage is beyond my abilities, but if you can fix it, do it.

You know when I was younger I would park it next to a phone pole and use a comealong!! LOL!!!!

It's kinda beyond my abilities to fix it right!!!
But as you and reat of FABO knows, that's never really completely stopped me before!! Just kinda slows me down a bit!! LMBO!!!:toothy10:

Here ya go, Lumps demo link!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5pNo3qOSo&feature=watch_response"]YouTube- The Presidents of The USA Lump (Demo)[/ame]

Have a good one ram charger!!:cheers:

I think the "good" points far outway the "bad"...you should keep & fix or give someone the chance to fix it and make it their own.

NO Scrapping Allowed :wack:

I AGREE! NO SCRAPPING ALLOWED!!!
Unless it's under 20 years old!!:toothy10:

Nice! Easy fixxx....

Maybe for you LOL!!!:toothy10:

Like every one says, That will come out with a clay bar!!:-D

Hit IT!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48Mjj-XQCE&feature=related"]YouTube- The Presidents Of The United States Of America - Lump(live)[/ame]

Have a good one man!!:cheers:

Before you scrap LUMP, I'll trade my two Dusters for it. I'm serious.

Swap that V8 into my Dart, drop the 225 in LUMP=daily driver!!!:cheers:

wish i was working with a car in that nice of shape. people like me are trying to save cars worse than lump. gotta save lump , awesome sleeper or restore project.

-
Back