She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWHJCQGUq0"]YouTube- Roger Waters - Three Wishes[/ame]

wish i was working with a car in that nice of shape. people like me are trying to save cars worse than lump. gotta save lump , awesome sleeper or restore project.

Die Hard builder here:::::

Bobs pics122009 017.jpg

:-D

Bobs pics122009 017.jpg

I say keep it and sell one of the others(not in as good of shape).Good Luck,the fender door looks like an easy fix/pull.

Well, It's official!

LUMP,
TO THE RACK WITH YE!!

Dropped LUMP at my friends body shop this morning.

Went and got the fender I was buying for FERN and a door from that same car. Slid over the ridge to the next town down along the Ohio River, Rising Sun and dropped the fender and door at the body shop too!
Trying to get pics on the rack, but Don't think he wants me down there while pulling. So I dropped my spare digital camera with instructions on before & after pull pics while still hooked to rack.
Told him 14,000 FABO members demand to see the racking of LUMP!
He gave me a funny look and I took the next 10 min. explaining!! LOL!!:-D
So he's gonna call me when he needs a hand to hold up the door when installing. Then he'll pull and align stuff.

I'm going back to yard tomorrow for rocker clip off that car (should be interesting, I'll take you guys with ME!)
BOF went muddin at the Big Yard today, looks like a 4 wheel drive cop car! Trailer muddy too! I have to have her spotless for Sat. mornings show!!
Mercy, Muddin junk yard ***** on Wed morning, show princess on Sat!! LMBO!!!:toothy10:

So Sad and lonely but soon to have new friends, It's LUMP!

I'll see if we can move to the restore section now, have plenty more pics for ya too!

Thanks Again FABO!
It's nice to have friends who will open up and tell ya whats what!!!:cheers:

3.jpg

I say fix her up. Take it to a good shop and have them throw it up on the frame rack... Won't take much to pull that car around to where it's supposed to be.

trade it for paint for abb,s car.

LOL!!8)

Which one? LMBO!!:-D

Everytime I bring one home, she wants that one when it's done!!!:toothy10:

She don't know it yet but LUMP is going to be my daily driver. "Baby" will be a show princess & reside inside the garage when not at one, when she grows up!!

LOL!!8)

Which one? LMBO!!:-D

Everytime I bring one home, she wants that one when it's done!!!:toothy10:

She don't know it yet but LUMP is going to be my daily driver. "Baby" will be a show princess & reside inside the garage when not at one, when she grows up!!

Well, I know it now!!!! You shouldn't post things on here you don't want anyone to read darling.

OK!
You guys made me do this so I've got an excuse now!!!

We are in the restorations section now, WoooHoooo!:cheers:

Lumps at the shop. Dropped spare camera for pics. I'll switch out mem cards tomorrow when I visit LUMP.

It's off to the license branch first thing in AM. Lump is wearing FERN's dog tag right now.

DO have some beginning restore pics ready for you guys so here goes!

REMEMBER:
FABO MADE ME DO IT!:-D

We'll be mudding BOF back to the junk yard tomarrow to get a huge clip of rocker, post, some floor, and the long way around the dimmer switch all the way through to where the fender meets.
Has anyone ever tried this before or am I about to write a check my limited talents can't cash!???:read2:

Enjoy all! If I fail it's yalls fault! LMBO!!!!!:toothy10:

HIT IT!!!>>>>>>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]YouTube- The Presidents of the USA - Lump[/ame]

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Wow,
Now that Door Hinge is a TRUE Hack job!! :wack:
Can you still see the bolt holes for the REAL Hinge mount?
That is one for the books.

Later,
Bruce B.

Wow,
Now that Door Hinge is a TRUE Hack job!!
Can you still see the bolt holes for the REAL Hinge mount?
That is one for the books.

Later,
Bruce B.

Yeah TELL ME bout it! LOL!!

It won't matter, can see some bolt holes. Body shop using hinge block to pull with!! I'm getting a huge clip at the junk yard tomorrow. Never done one this big before, Oh man, I hope I don't screw the pooch on this one!!!!

And poor me with no talents! This is way beyond my background know how. Pleanty of theory no practical!!

My body shop buddy already said, he is doing NO BODY WORK!!!
Just the rack only!!
Wait till you see this huge clip I got planned for tomorrow from the donor car the door and fender came from!!
Picture a piece sawzalled from top roof corner at windshield, a frame down to dimmer switch, floor, rocker back to rear of back sill, including post to roof line!! OMG!!!
Am I gonna look like an idiot on FABO or what if I find I cant do this or worse, It goes down the road sideways like a dog walks!!!
Worst case senarieo, we turn her into a Dart Roadster Sans Top!!
JOKING about the roadster!!
Am already planning on stripping off vinyl top, it's showing signs of a bubblin!

Thinking Orange/Black Mod top style paint job on roof like on Fern too!:cheers:

I have not seen a tire like that in years

It's not even dry rotted yet!!
Thinkin of cleaning and airing and putting back in for shows. If I get a flat, I'll hitch a ride home for FOTO or carry extra tire and put a blanket and cooler over that one between the lawn chairs!!8)

Relax. You'll be fine. Get the old bent parts pulled back out to where they need to be, (well within reason), so that the replacement metal can be welded in to the right spots. looking good! glad you are saving it! should be a nice addition to the family.

Relax. You'll be fine. Get the old bent parts pulled back out to where they need to be, (well within reason), so that the replacement metal can be welded in to the right spots. looking good! glad you are saving it! should be a nice addition to the family.

Stopped by the body shop and the guy has it jacked up freking out!!!
Too much crunched in to get his rack system to hold. Supposed to hook to pinch weld but now it's baked potato foil wad in a campfire weld!!!:angry7:

Told him if he can't do anything don't sweat it, I'll pick it up, bring it home and cut it up!!

I got skills!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH:toothy10:

Well,
The body shop is about to bail.
Will know tomorrow.:angry7:

Here's some pics of this mornings mutilation!:angry7:

I feel bad. I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong.:angry7:

More balls than brains!:cheers:

Don't grab bent sawzall blade (with bare hand) to change too soon after cutting!!:angryfir:

HIT IT!!!>>>>>>>>>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]YouTube- The Presidents of the USA - Lump[/ame]

More pics!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

She's Lump, Is this Lump outa my head?

I think so!8)

HIT IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2vMwvqIyk"]YouTube- Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America[/ame]

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

OMG IAM A TOTAL BUTCHER!!!

RRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!:axe:

I have a deep inner need to fix something right now so I'm going to work on BOF's dash pad to make me feel better..................8)

And now here's 1 diddy in honor of the donor car! Why? Cause if I come back 1 more time, she'll look like a little dune buggie!!!:toothy10:

Tha't right Diddy link HIT IT!
Uh HUH!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5OyumR_1o"]YouTube- Dune Buggy - The Presidents Of The United States with Lyrics[/ame]

:toothy10:

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Something I do.... after saying the Prayer of Thanks for the parts car....
I guess part of my Native American karma.... All things have life forces thing.
I always take the Fender Tag from a car that donates parts to my cars.
Just one of those things I have always done... the tag gets put in the car that is getting the parts story book to be honored for time immortal.

Just 1 more old mans blathering thought.

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: You may want to get with Waggin for Tech Support on this one!
He IS the Master of cutting/welding BIG pieces of cars ya know.

Something I do.... after saying the Prayer of Thanks for the parts car....
I guess part of my Native American karma.... All things have life forces thing.
I always take the Fender Tag from a car that donates parts to my cars.
Just one of those things I have always done... the tag gets put in the car that is getting the parts story book to be honored for time immortal.

Just 1 more old mans blathering thought.

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: You may want to get with Waggin for Tech Support on this one!
He IS the Master of cutting/welding BIG pieces of cars ya know.

Hey, no guts, no glory!! (Uncle Sugars School 81'):-D
But you are right! I'll pick up the tag if Yard dawg don't already have it at his house. He'll give it to me if he does!:cheers:

I've got a master welder I grew up with sense we were 7. He already has me scheduled after this weekend (Mothers Day) He welded Fern for us. He's comming out to do FOTO's floors (both sides) and when we finish, lunch, then weld LUMP!

But open to all sugestions!!! PLEASE!!! My welding buddy is over in OH and I have to do everything here ahead of time without knowing what he wants. Funny though, we've worked together for so many years, I try to anticipate. But in this case, where and how the car was positioned, it was the only cuts I could possibly do. I took as much as possible....BOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Ok I'm getting over it but will have night mare tonight! Have a weird craving to go buy more blades and cut the rest of it and bring it home to my house! I'd even wash it before putting on cement blocks!! That'L teach them thar neighbors!!

I'll try to get waggin to take a look at the thread!

-
Back