She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Wow! Just read the whole saga of Lump, and John I hafta say I admire your determination and the creative approach to problem solving. By the way, my 76 SE is that ugly tan that Lump was originally, and I hafta agree about there never being an uglier shade. Trust me, it looks even worse with Parchment top and interior, lol. Love what you've done with Lump. Really like the gold, too! I wish I had found this thread sooner, I may have been some help with parts. I have five 4 door 73-up A bodies, and have hoarded all the spare parts I can find, lol.

Having done a few driveway jobs myself over the coarse of my life, I have been there with the weather, bugs, bees, and leaves. And the unavoidable sudden breeze midway through a paint job. Wishing you the best of luck in all your projects. Now let's see that waggin!:blob:

Wow!!! I can't believe I read the whole thing...in one sitting no less.I was looking at the sale ad and followed the link.After the first page I was hooked and had to see it through.It was pretty inspiring,I've always been a little afraid of bodywork,maybe a little less so now.I know it might sound weird,but I feel like I made a friend I've never met,or even talked to.Sorry to hear about Vinnie,I'm a dog guy too.Looks like you got an awesome wife and a great attitude and sense of humor.I hope to see more posts and wish you luck with that car and the everything else,too.You seem like the kind of people that make up for the 'other' kind of people on the internet boards.I've been a member for years but don't usually post much,lately I have been drawn here more and more,I have had some good experiences dealing with other members and really enjoyed some of the threads,this being one of them,so THANKS!

Ty

Don't take this the wrong way, and maybe it's just an analogy for something else but I think by this point I would have seriously considered moving to something either cheaper or paid for.

The truck is for sale TOO?

John I just want to say thank you! If not for this thread I wouldn't be a member of FABO. I was searching for a forum due to my recent acquisition of a '72 Duster. ( Still haven't driven the 500 miles to go pick it up but it's in good hands for now.) While searching the web I found this thread and was completely hooked, With help from alex_borges_br Brazilian Dart build, I decided to become a member. I sincerely hope things in your world get better, if there is anything a broke Mopar guy in South Alabama can do feel free to ask. Your thread brought Me here and I will be gaining a lot from it. Once again Thank You and hopefully you can get back to a better place soon. David

Cool!
Welcome!:cheers:
Glad you are here and I hope you enjoy! I know I have.:coffee2:

Wow! Just read the whole saga of Lump, and John I hafta say I admire your determination and the creative approach to problem solving. By the way, my 76 SE is that ugly tan that Lump was originally, and I hafta agree about there never being an uglier shade. Trust me, it looks even worse with Parchment top and interior, lol. Love what you've done with Lump. Really like the gold, too! I wish I had found this thread sooner, I may have been some help with parts. I have five 4 door 73-up A bodies, and have hoarded all the spare parts I can find, lol.

Having done a few driveway jobs myself over the coarse of my life, I have been there with the weather, bugs, bees, and leaves. And the unavoidable sudden breeze midway through a paint job. Wishing you the best of luck in all your projects. Now let's see that waggin!:blob:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzSPc0FoA&ob=av2e"]The Presidents of the United States of America - Volcano - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, A38Valiant,
Still can't work, dealing with broke left thumb the (medical establishment name here) still hasn't done anything but schedule surgery in 2nd week of may (mid season of my working year) even though I broke it in last part of NOV 2011 I think. I have learned how to compinsate with no thumb on that hand so I can move ramps and tow chains as long as I am VERY careful. However, restore work on cars is out for now and has been. Sorry.
I find with eyesight waning, no thumb left hand, priorities change.
I can work in broad strokes now only. I painted the under frame and rims of the 63 camper a retro pale bright yellow ( I know) hard to describe. So painting and towing, OK.
Trying to work on a flipper retro camper (screws, nails, wood, aluminum, paint.....broad strokes)
I did a brake job on the wagon, then Lumps went out. 74Kmiles stock pads! So busy with body work, the brakes were always fine LOL
New pads, hard ware on both repacked berrings on both. Starter in/out new and old bout 6 times on wagon kicked my ***, well I mean my left hand holding starter trying to start bolts with one thumb and alot of pain.
I went mental and hauled it to "DWB's garage and said fix the wagon all mechanicals and drive it back when your finished or part it out for me I don't want it any more! I think the wagon will be back this Thursday all fixed and he keeps telling me don't worry about the labor.
Lump will be going back with him for a check up. She hasn't wanted to start the past couple of days and cut out and died on a sunday drive this past weekend when I pulled out far enough in front of traffic untill she died. Lump is in time out in the barn waiting for the wagon switch-A- roo.
Again, GOOD TIMES!:cheers:

Lump and Foto are off the hot seat but would like a nice 3/4 ton and a steel 18' lowboy for those 5 state away runs for cars or campers!

Got a 98 caddy this AM so that's this months $ ! LOL

Have a great day tomorrow, A38Valiant!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 88.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 0012.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 1a.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 27.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 5.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 269
  • 1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 222.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 273
Wow!!! I can't believe I read the whole thing...in one sitting no less.I was looking at the sale ad and followed the link.After the first page I was hooked and had to see it through.It was pretty inspiring,I've always been a little afraid of bodywork,maybe a little less so now.I know it might sound weird,but I feel like I made a friend I've never met,or even talked to.Sorry to hear about Vinnie,I'm a dog guy too.Looks like you got an awesome wife and a great attitude and sense of humor.I hope to see more posts and wish you luck with that car and the everything else,too.You seem like the kind of people that make up for the 'other' kind of people on the internet boards.I've been a member for years but don't usually post much,lately I have been drawn here more and more,I have had some good experiences dealing with other members and really enjoyed some of the threads,this being one of them,so THANKS!

Ty

Thanks for saying Ty.=D>
The whats haps here is in above post.
I hope you have been enjoying FABO!
Have a great day tomorrow Ty.
John:D

Don't take this the wrong way, and maybe it's just an analogy for something else but I think by this point I would have seriously considered moving to something either cheaper or paid for.

The truck is for sale TOO?

No prob Tyler.
Lets face it with me, everything at one time or another is for sale if I need the money bad enough. Usually something drops into my lap right in the nick of time and Lump and FOTO are still here!:D

Not quite sure what you are saying though, please don't take me wrong either, LOL
All my stuff is paid by cash but fuel and maint still constant. Utilities and house note is all else I have. We don't spend on any thing else but groceries and titled vehicles! Beats slingin drugs!

If by cheaper or paid for? I am sorry, did I answer? The Darts still work out being alot cheaper than newer cars in parts, insurance but not gas!

Good Karma out to ya Tyler.
John.:coffee2:

Sorry it's been a while.
It's been difficult to say the least.
Hope all our friends here are well.
Good luck to us all.
John.

Nice to hear from you John! I hope your thumb gets better, pain sucks.
I can't wait to see that camper all done.....:thumblef:

What happened to the camper?
It looks like some meth junkies ripped it apart for scap metal.

Sorry it's been a while.
It's been difficult to say the least.
Hope all our friends here are well.
Good luck to us all.
John.
Good luck to you, too, John! Hope things get better for you.

Hi , figgered you were engrossed in the trailers and regaling a vintage RV site with the rebuilds! Keep checking in.

Hi , figgered you were engrossed in the trailers and regaling a vintage RV site with the rebuilds! Keep checking in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM"]Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" - YouTube[/ame]

Check out todays happs!
VERY broad strokes today, LOL Pass the crow bar He He..:cheers:
Pass the marsh mellows............
Going Going GONE!
:burnout:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 4.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 3.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 2.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 6.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 240
Well, this story of LUMP was very inspiring to "get 'er done!" Neat car, neat story, thanks for documenting your journey with Lump.

-
Back