She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Paint it the factory color and leave it alone. It has lots of documentation and its got a smallblock. Dont need much more except 2 less doors:smile:. It is to clean to part out.

That's a really nice car. Would love to have something like that some day. I love the color and everything you've done to bring her back to glory.

Thanks!
Have a great day today 72Dodge!
John:coffee2:

no atta boy.....atta girl here LOL :rambo::rambo:

my avatar is me....LOL

:eek:ops: Sorry.
Nice eyes!
Great looking avitar!!
You go girl!

Have a great day today RaniDart70!
Sorry to say the chubby balding gray haired guy in my avitar is me too! LOL
4 Hours to show time!

Paint it the factory color and leave it alone. It has lots of documentation and its got a smallblock. Dont need much more except 2 less doors:smile:. It is to clean to part out.

Too late for that! Factory color too crappy. Baby crappy to be exact! LOL
We like the gold much better.
It's fitting though. The car was a piece of crap when we got her, now she's golden!

Have a good day today 74DartSwinger360!

:eek:ops: I didnt see the newest pics it looks great. I wish my trunk looked like that but it will look like this for awhile longer.

Attachments

• Dart Trunk.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 402
  • Dart Trunk 2.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 375
glad you kept it! my first dart was the same car pretty much! i need to do that to my front bumper too.

:eek:ops: I didnt see the newest pics it looks great. I wish my trunk looked like that but it will look like this for awhile longer.

WOW, Hey I've been there before, just not on this car!
I'd be cutting and patching with scrap metal to hold ya over till ya get panels ya need. Would need to remove that fuel tank first. It would be a hole weekend job and hopefully on a 3 day weekend.
Good Luck, I feel for ya.

glad you kept it! my first dart was the same car pretty much! i need to do that to my front bumper too.

If I would have known that front bumper tuck was that easy and came out that good when finished I would have done it a long time ago!:happy8:
Cost; some welding wire and electric. Huge benefit for cost ratio.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]The Presidents of the USA - Lump - YouTube[/ame]

Well, the old lumpster finally made it into a show right at the last min!
It's been a wild ride and she has and still is a great ride. Always fires at the first twist of the key and sounds totally bad aced!

Here's the show pics.

House payment drop dead due date is this Thurs. 5.10.12.
Yep, Lump is listed on Cinti's CL. Look up Dart by owner.
Better deal to members.
I already miss her. Was trying to get the 68 Shasta done and sold so Lump could stay, but it just hasn't worked out like that. I'm still 2 weeks out on having the camper ready for sale.

Such is life at my hizzy.:wack:

Anyway anybody wants a good running 4 door give me a shout out!

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 8.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 7.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 6.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 5.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 10.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 332
WOW, Hey I've been there before, just not on this car!
I'd be cutting and patching with scrap metal to hold ya over till ya get panels ya need. Would need to remove that fuel tank first. It would be a hole weekend job and hopefully on a 3 day weekend.
Good Luck, I feel for ya.

I have all the patches and tank is out just need one vital thing. The ability to weld.

Looks like it presented well at the show.

I'm really pleased that the the car is good looking enough to even take to a show with everything else going on.
LOL I commented to ABB that it was the first time I felt the car was done enough to wipe all the dust/overspray from off the dash! Heck, I have never even wiped down the interior with spic and span untill this show LOL
Usually I wipe and clean interior on anything we get first thing. weird...:happy8:
Didn't win anything but the quality of the other cars REALLY came up this year. The guy who parked next to us this year (GTX) usually wins best mopar but this year an Abody won. It really was a clean fresh restore. I'll post some pics soon.
We had both noticed the numbers of cars was same or slightly more by 5-10 cars. But none of the junky projects showed up (Like Lump)! LOL
Really nice cars this year...Above average.
Didn't get to show on Sunday at the BBQ fest. I thought it wouldn't be good thing $$$ wise and sense the title of our 68 shasta showed up a week early SAT. I thought it better to get back on the camper for sale for the house note this week. So I bought a gallon of wallyworldcolorworld paint and pretty much knocked out the rest of the exterior. Looks good enough now so I listed it for sale too. Still working on it though to finish interior remodel. I'm about 4 days out from completion on it.
Good Times!
The best part of the car show was sitting under a shade tree on a sunny day with a cool breeze blowing all the while staring at ABB and Lump between snoozing naps and grilled hamburgers, with nothing else to do for 6 hours or so!:tongue1:
Have a great day today chryslerfat!

I have all the patches and tank is out just need one vital thing. The ability to weld.

I watched a good friend weld on and off over the years (helper) but never welded. I soldered electronics in the air force.
Last spring I bought a used wire (non gas) welder that runs off 110. IMPORTANT: Before welding; Use safety gear, helmet, gloves and welding shirt, long sleeves, boots jeans, etc. Follow instructions. Start on scrap steel. Clean metal of paint rust etc. Just start prcticing spot welds first. Burn a hole through the metal? switch to low and up the speed of wire feed. Won't spark? Check ground.
Don't become ground yourself! Weld on dry pavement in a dry area, away from flamables and fuel tanks.
You will be suprised how easy it is.
Like everything, the more you do, the better it turns out.
Later on it will be like caulking a window!
Watch some welding videos on utube!
It helps. I watch the how to's all the time.
Having the metal pcs is the first step, and practice on scrap first.
Have a good one and good luck to ya.

HA HA!
I was reading lumps thread and way in the beginning we had these jewls!
I was just thinking how much I'm gonna miss this car. I say that about all of them but this one had alot of my sweat, blood, and tears. Lump has made alot of friends here and we all have had some fun with this restore. I can feel she is getting close to leaving and I just don't want to let her go. But I do still have Baby my 64 and after Lump leaves that will be the last of our Dart collection. At one time we had about half a dozen. But unemployment, self employment and economy has devistated my family and my Dart collection. Lump will be missed mostly due to all the hours spent with her even more than any of the others. She is on CL right now, ebay, FABO, and out on US route 50 right now being advertised. I'm thinking the end of Lump and I is soon. :wack: The economy made me do it, and well ABB getting the 79 wagon didn't help either. But we both wanted a wagon Dart so bad but never found one. Once she started dricing her wagon she has never looked back. Sometimes I mention we should put BOF's trailer hitch on Lump and use it for towing our campers and just sell the wagon. All I ever get is dirty looks when I mention selling the wagon. I guess it's Ok. Baby will finally be getting driven again and that car I love more than any of the others, so I still got her. But I got to say running wise and power? There is no compairison, Lump wins hands down over all the other Darts.

All of our cars had names but Lump was our first car with a theme song. Boy have we had some fun with the name and song or what??!!
So I thought I would pull up some of the more obscure versions you can't just run and find on utube anymore but they reside here on Lumps thread.
Just for old times sake, letting Lump listen to funny Lumpia sauce songs, and enjoying FABO.

What's that stain on your shirt? Is that Lumpia sauce?? LOL
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwD7Xgdpvo"]CRANK THAT LUMPIA (official song) - YouTube[/ame]

And another LMAO!!:D How to make Lumpia!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbPtXrfvVo"]How to make Lumpia Shanghai/fried lumpia/egg roll - YouTube[/ame]

1 more for the road!:D
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulszKGhB56U"]AMV: FLCL: She's Lump - YouTube[/ame]

If I hadn't just blown through all my cash for reasons outside my control, Lump might be sitting in my driveway right now. I'm sure someone will take you up on the good deal soon. It's not how much time you spent with her, but the quality of that time spent, and it clearly was very quality time. You can't buy that.

If I could Lump would stay in her hone state and not very far from home

They are all your children John. You raise them to be nice cars care well for them and then release them to go out to the world.

HA HA!
At one time we had about half a dozen. But unemployment, self employment and economy has devistated my family and my Dart collection. Lump will be missed mostly due to all the hours spent with her even more than any of the others. She is on CL right now, ebay, FABO, and out on US route 50 right now being advertised. I'm thinking the end of Lump and I is soon. :wack: I know how you feel. Through similar circumstances I'm without any collector cars now. Good luck to you, and I hope you will be able to at least keep your '64. Things have to get better!

-
Back