She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Would you scrap you mom just because she is old and tirered,no fix here up.I saw a tear under her headlight.

DANG!!!:cheers:

5AM? Boy he would REALLY been surprised entering my property at 5AM. I already woke at 3:30, was at Dunkin at 4am, back by 4:15 or so, Dogs let out into property (1-145lb Rottie and a 30lb+ Beagle) while I'm reading FABO and drinking DD coffee in the house at 5!!
My Beagle would have tore him a new one!!:cheers:
Usually that time of day if I'm not already in garage I'd hear the dogs ruckus and run out with maglight and pistol in hand!!

He was lucky you were so nice to him!
Next time you see him at your neighbors down the street, on the way home from work, stop and give him a "Work Boot" express to the jewels from me too!!:cheers:

When younger in the AF and living off base, I was laying in bed, had changed to day shift for some weird reason, and heard the Ah-oo-gah horn on my custom van barley give a quick Ah! (early 80's)
I layed there and thought, that sounded like my van, I got up and opened front door to see the other side of my van the drivers door open, and 1 of my huge 75lb home speaker boxes exiting the van! (They hit the horn button barley cause the speaks were so big, HAHA!!) I run back in (only had underware on nothing else) grabbed my 12ga single shot (closest to door, wish I'd grabbed my 410 mossberg pistol grip, it had more than 1 shot but I didn't) and ran out of the house, round the back of my van and saw 2 guys barley fast heaving those huge speakers about 75 feet in front of me.
My bare feet were slapping the blacktop so hard and loud they turned (I would have shot already but I didn't want to hurt my speakers and I only had 1 shot) when they turned they saw almost naked me, running behind them silent but slapping bare feet and a huge a$$ shotgun, and they threw my speaks into the air 1 on each side of street with a loud thud thud!! CRAP! Oh you gonna be sorry you did that! They turned right down the next street and into neighbors yard, through and into my other neighbors yard (2 fences jumped, 1 big snarling dog avoided.)
When I finally stopped The whole hood was up. I was neeling in my nextdoor neighbors driveway, on all 4's, pukin, in my tighty whities, with a big a$$ shotgun still in 1 hand!!!
Neighbor;
What's goin on?
Call the cops, we been robbed!!

They said I should have took the shot, drug back speaks and hoods to propertyline, then call em!!! :cheers:

You need to set up some game cameras or something, motion detector lighting??!!!:read2:

I got a buzzer from work wired to a sensor ,loud as hell if the garage gets entered in any way it wakes up the neighbors, lights flash, by the time I got done beating on him, he was beging for me to call the cops, I told him I don't call the cops for something I can take care of myself, I'm 6'4" 220 lbs and there ain't much I can't handle:-D

Hey FABO!

Been pretty busy! Lots of stuff poppin!:cheers:

We put BOF on the Mopar Autos for Sale section this morning. If interested, check the thread and PM me.

Just a quick note: Lump has been rust converted, engine & bay degreased. WD'd too! Am ready to start cutting spot welds soon on rocker.

Can't seem to locate a good fender though. If anyone has a good almost rust free fender (No swiss cheese, already got that) that they can ship to me in 47001, let me know or if around Cincinnati, Indy, or Louisville, I can travel to ya!

PM me if ya can help with a "VERY NICE" drivers side fender! Also need a mint condition Tan with wood grain door panel too.

Have a great day today FABO!!!:cheers:

1.jpg

Lump for sale.
$1800.00 or offer.
Runs great but needs full tune up.
Shifts great.
Solid mostly rust free car.
Great interior but needs cleaning.
Has been on rack and pulled.
Drivers side clip from parts car included.
Runs straight and true, all doors work great!
Newer tires & Battery.
Engine bay in like new stock condition.
Needs front fender, has one that comes with but not so great. Not good enough for this car!! Also comes with spare door!
Really didn't want to sell, but we need the $$$!
Bring cash, Drive it home.
I really love this car!:love7:
Was going to be my new driver but we need the ca$h!
PM me if interested.
Thanks, John.8)

Well FABO,
FERN has left the stables! Headed for Dayton OH!!

NOW it's time for LUMP!!:cheers:

Hit link for LUMP on Letterman music vid!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOY7U3ckeUA"]YouTube - Presidents of the USA - LUMP - Live on Letterman[/ame]

Now here's the story, we sold Fern and Clara and not really excited about putting the 64 or the new 74 on the dirty streets yet! I NEED A DAILY DRIVER NOW!!!!

So are you guys and gals at FABO ready for a whirlwind, cheap, country bumkin, rolling restore, down and dirty?
This one is going to be wild!! We'll start out on 2.28.11 prepping some metal parts from other cars for Lump.
OH! By the way, Lump fired up today and went and took Ferns old stall in the barn next to Baby!!:cheers:

The old stables just don't look like they used to. Now it looks as though we are into early-mid 70's Tan colored Darts with V-8's now!! We don't have a single slanty now!!

Guess we'll have to go over to the
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

thread and go find us a slanty wagon!!!:-D

Well FABO, I'll meet you here tomorrow for the start of the LUMP EXPRESS!:burnout:

Mood music, hit link!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB3aiaXM9kE"]YouTube - lump - presidents of the united states of america lyrics[/ame]

Well, it's been too long, but had a nice day today so after all the other projects, we got to do some on Lump!!

Don't really know what I'm doing so please feel free to point out how stupid I am so I can learn something!!:withstup:

Lex and Vinnie wern't any help either!
Sunbathing ONLY today, Vinnie says so!:happy8:

She's Lump, She's Lump......:glasses8:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 9.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 8.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 7.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 6.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 368
  • 4.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 373
  • 2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 382
  • 1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 391
Mood Music Link, Different Song this time but,
Same Album, Same Band!!

Lump is just Peachie!!:glasses8:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs8G_mY8jE"]YouTube - The Presidents Of The United States Of America - Peaches[/ame]

More pics, millions of Peaches for free!:pirate:

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 373
  • 18.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 359
  • 19.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 374
  • 20.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 371
  • 16.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 15.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 14.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 364
  • 13.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 12.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 11.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 365
Mood Music Link, HIT IT!!
WARNING!!MOOD Music has a dirty word used in a creative, artsie fartsie way.

If you're 18 or under, DO NOT PLAY THE MOOD MUSIC!!!
Anyone over 18 years old, if ya play it, you were warned so if it offends you, too freekin late to wine about it now!!! MEOW BAAYBEE!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRaSXh9-n4&feature=related"]YouTube - Kitty ~ The presidents of the united states of america[/ame]

Same band as Lump, same album,

Kitty on my foot and I want to touch it!!!:glasses8:
Pussy purred lookin' so satisfied!!!:evil1:

Last few pics for the day!

See yall tomorrow.......

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 359
  • 24.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 23.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 22.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 21.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 367
I'd get the front checked out first before doing anything else. It looks twisted in the front pic. If ok fix it up.

Per MD Smart (Body guy with the cool rack!), Just have to loosen some here and there, couple floor jacks and stands, and my fat but bouncin' the fenders & jackin' here and there, then tighten everything up......

We'll see how that goes.
Right now I'm thinking I went too far back under the center pillar with the cut. Now the back door doesn't want to open and the front door almost hits the back now. Should have left a strap for support. Will go through quite a bit of refit a few more times than once I'd bet.
Guess FABO will get to see me make a fool of myself while we redo Lump!
I'm going Cream /Eggshell Base color overall.
Then, On all surfaces facing up (trunk deck, roof, sail panels, hood, tops of fenders, pillars, all down to the top of the belt line) Painting a Surfing Hawaii theme Foose style, like we did On FERN's roof. Palm leaves, Flowers, etc Oversprayed in Metallic orange with gold micro flake mixed in first coat of clear. Then More clear overall.
Like a big Hawaii Surf Orange Cream, Ice cream bar!!!
The only metallics would be in the orange stencil overspray with the gold flake. Belt line (line just above door handels) down would be pearl eggshell.

Can't wait to peel that vinyl roof off!!!=D>

Hey John!! You are getting the carpet dirty!!!! lmao . . . so good to see Vin and Lex getting most of the work done while you lay around on the porch . . . . good progress . . . Rog

John,
Is there any way possible to get Lump on a frame rack while you piece him back together? That way you could be sure the unibody is "true"? Since the doors went out of fit once you made the cuts, he is definitely out of square. I have a 74 FSM around here somewhere with the dims, but I'm kinda hobbled from knee surgery at the moment.

Hey John!! You are getting the carpet dirty!!!! lmao . . . so good to see Vin and Lex getting most of the work done while you lay around on the porch . . . . good progress . . . Rog

Yeah, I'm bout ta pull the seats and carpet now.:toothy5:

John,
Is there any way possible to get Lump on a frame rack while you piece him back together? That way you could be sure the unibody is "true"? Since the doors went out of fit once you made the cuts, he is definitely out of square. I have a 74 FSM around here somewhere with the dims, but I'm kinda hobbled from knee surgery at the moment.

I wish!!!

It'll all work out in the end!!!\\:D/

3.16.11 Update;

Mood music, hit it!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2vMwvqIyk&feature=related"]YouTube - Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America[/ame]

Ok.
Well, here's what I got done today. Not much but I do stand around it staring at it for long extended amounts of time.....

I hate when I don't know what I'm doing. Bet it goes alot faster next time!!!

Here's the pics and have a great evening FABO!!

GET OUT AND WORK ON THEM CARS!!!:supz:

Lex and Vinnie??? No help at all. Just laying in the sin...ALL DAY!!!:sunny:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 9.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 8.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 7.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 6.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 5.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 4.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 1.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 339
See you guys tomorrow!!!

A1 anda 2 anda...You know what to do....HIT IT!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48Mjj-XQCE"]YouTube - The Presidents Of The United States Of America - Lump(live)[/ame]

Here's couple more pics!:tongue3:

Lex, Vinnie, time for dinner!!:blob:

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 15.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 320
  • 14.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 13.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 12.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 11.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 314
Progress John, they didn't write a manual on what yer doing . . . lol . . . you are getting it . . . I want to see how see how you are going to cut the "new" rocker to fit . . . bet you gotta protractor and a slide rule . . . Git er done! :salute: Rog

Good to see work progressing. Before welding that new rocker shut both doors and make sure the lines match so it will be less work when welded.

Good to see work progressing. Before welding that new rocker shut both doors and make sure the lines match so it will be less work when welded.

It will just be final tweeking hopefully. There's still alot of metal connected there! It feels and looks like the 4 doors are the only thing holding it together!!
Besides I still have alot of hammering and banging to do on it, and some jacking and shimming too!

Then after I get done with ABB, I can get started on Lump! (zinger) Badda Bing!\\:D/

Fix it ,its a keeper,give Lump a little TLC,that's a dirty shame to scrap her, I've had worse to work with.

It runs WAY too good to scrap.

After the first "overnight" charge on the battery and a new springtime tank of gas, Lump has been starting everytime, running great, and blistered the 1/2 mile to the shell station for some V-power the other day!! Imagine the site of that Lump-O-Shite runnin hell bent for leather that half mile, with no fender or grill! Mad Max Style!!:supz:
I still have not put any parts into it or adjusted anything engine wise sense I bought it!!

I caouldn't scrap it anyway. I got more into the first body shop "racking" visit money than I could get parting/scrapping it.

Progress John, they didn't write a manual on what yer doing . . . lol . . . you are getting it . . . I want to see how see how you are going to cut the "new" rocker to fit . . . bet you gotta protractor and a slide rule . . . Git er done! :salute: Rog

Some more cutting on the piece I cut out already, then I'm planning on using it as a stencil. I also want to try to make a flap of steel to wedge under the part on the car. That way there will be metal under the welds too. I'm sure it's going to be some back woods redneck looking shtuff when I get done. By the time the orange/cream "ice cream bar" paint goes on you won't even be able to tell. You'll be pointing out all the bugs and knats in the paint and won't even notice all the bad welding seams!! LOL!!

Mood Music for Lump,
Same Band Different song, It's about me!

Hit It!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VTszNLwFd0&feature=related"]YouTube - Presidents of the United States Old Man On the Back Porch[/ame]

Had to spend till 10 this AM driving over to KY to Harbor Freight to get a floor jack. Didn't take enough cash so I have to go back tomorrow for the die grinder.
First time I was ever there and it was all sparklie like Christmas:love7:

That place is cool and yes I paid for the 2 year replacement!!:cheers:

Had other irons in the fire today but here is a couple of pics for your morning coffee reading!

See Y'all tomorrow!!8)

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 420
  • 8.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 7.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 6.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 423
  • 5.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 10.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 431
Some more cutting on the piece I cut out already, then I'm planning on using it as a stencil. I also want to try to make a flap of steel to wedge under the part on the car. That way there will be metal under the welds too. I'm sure it's going to be some back woods redneck looking shtuff when I get done. By the time the orange/cream "ice cream bar" paint goes on you won't even be able to tell. You'll be pointing out all the bugs and knats in the paint and won't even notice all the bad welding seams!! LOL!!
Ehhhhh . . . . the bugs just give it more protein . . . lmbo :toothy10:

Your returning to work on this has given me enough inspiration to at least get one of my projects in front of the garage and stare at it for awhile. lol

Your returning to work on this has given me enough inspiration to at least get one of my projects in front of the garage and stare at it for awhile. lol

1: Look Out!!!:shock:

2: Thats how it starts before the fever hits!!:snakeman:

3: Then it will go to this; :-k

4: Then, :drinkers:

5: and then this;:love10:

6: Then after you start,:worthles:

However, if it were ME.....
and I had just parked it in front of the garage,
and gotten my first staring session out of the way,

I would save time and energy by going from 1 to 4,
then straight to 6 at the same time as starting 4.

A short time after that, 2 and 5 kick in for that extra boost! (Kick in the keyster)
Besides after 1,4, and 6 right away, you have every one on FABO cheering you on!!

Go for what you know or
Just do it even if ya don't know it,
Just get R Done!!! But try to drive it at the same time!!:toothy10:

-
Back