Shooting at a local school

-
It's been a while since I've shed a tear when hearing of the atrocities that happen around us everyday. Both my wife and I shed several tears tonight and I had to leave the room. I just can't imagine, those poor children and the school staff.

STILL the ****..Sorry AdamR, I'm very glad your children are safe and in your arms. It's not my intention to turn anything into a gun debate here. It's just "my" point of view. We all went thought this before in the past 5/6 years on here. It's a fact what we are all going though in life these days. We all like to think, or say this is not the time to talk or state our feelings ....Well maybe it is time for a for a change...somewhere. Screw the 1700s gun write-up. My feeling of sorrow for those poor kids is very strong, those little kids never hurt no-one..Maybe it is time to get a grip now! (and really state what you feel about how easy it is to get any Automatic Weapons of your liking)...People should speak now...not after people forget and it's just another day! Sorry again AdamR, just my point of view! If you don't like what I have to say just dump me!! Remember I hurt Too for these kid and thier families!!! Nuff-said. Jim

1. There were no automatic weapons involved here.
2. You can't just get any automatic weapons you want, (legally anyway)

Regardless it is an absolute atrocity that happened today. No parent should have to lose a child. More prayers to all affected. :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

I look at my two grandkids age 5 & 7 as they lay sleeping on our bedroom floor tonight and cannot fathom the grief overwhelming the families of the victims.

My prayers go up for peace that passes understanding since there is no understanding for this vile evil.

Not sure if this is true or not, but a friend of mine said they read somewhere on one of the news sites that the Westboro Church group is heading to Newtown to start protesting when the funerals start happening. I think if I was a parent of one of the poor babies who died, this would push me past the point of no return. Let the people grieve for their loved ones and stay the hell out if it. Wackos in this country are multiplying like rats!

It's been a while since I've shed a tear when hearing of the atrocities that happen around us everyday. Both my wife and I shed several tears tonight and I had to leave the room. I just can't imagine, those poor children and the school staff.

Same here. I am speechless. I have a 6 year old and a 10 year old. I couldn't even imagine.

416 stroker-God will take care of the crazy's at westboro church and the things they do in Jesus name,

Driving through town last night was heart breaking. Flags at half mast, Candle light vigils, people mourning and crying every were.

The information about the shooting keeps changing, Now they say this guys mother was not a teacher at the school and they have no idea what t he connection was. His poor older brother was originally blamed for it and found out about his Mother/Brother by thousands sharing his picture of facebook.

Words cannot show my feelings. PRAYERS are all we have for those little innocent babies. I would give my life for the return of any one of them. Oh lord please be with all involved.

Swifter...I know you're right but sometimes you just want to really take insensitive nutcases like Westboro and pound the crap out of them when they do things like this to people who are at the absolute worst times in their lives. Is there no decency and respect left in these haters that spew this kind of nonsense and then turn around and call themselves Christians. I think this country has gone to the extreme when it comes to allowing any hateful behavior or verbal assault in the name of 1st ammendment rights. People are using it in ways I'm sure it was never intended for. Common sense has left the conversation a long time ago it seems like the more outrageious a person wants to become, the more acceptable it becomes. I sometimes think there's no stopping this runaway train of idiocy and hate and that anything goes, no matter who gets hurt in the process.

I will be doing a fundraiser soon to help families in need if anyone is interested in helping

On this day as it begins I send out prayers to all the families and friends that have lost a loved one and pray for the children that has survived
this unthinkable act of violence they will have to live with and to all the parents like AdamR to work threw this and see a way to to make it threw this day I pray..

Hold your family and be thankful we have them in our life today :goodman:

People may say, that the world today
Is too screwed up, it won't help to pray
There's robbery here, and murder there
Family's falling apart, does no one care
The kids are at risk, the parents too
No way to tell, where, when or who
The law does try, to keep a hold
But the damaged mind, is way too bold
Some live in fear, and stay at home
Hiding inside, of their safety zone
Myself I live, like there's no tomorrow
Knowing any moment, can bring me sorrow
So with this in mind, I think today
I'll take some time, kneel down and pray

This is the single worst act by an individual I have ever heard of. How in the world can somebody walk into a school (or any place) and kill innocent children? Now, what is typically the happiest time of year, will be the the most painful time of year for all of these grief stricken families. I can't imagine why anyone would want to inflict this kind of torment on so many that he has never even met.

STILL the ****..Sorry AdamR, I'm very glad your children are safe and in your arms. It's not my intention to turn anything into a gun debate here. It's just "my" point of view. We all went thought this before in the past 5/6 years on here. It's a fact what we are all going though in life these days. We all like to think, or say this is not the time to talk or state our feelings ....Well maybe it is time for a for a change...somewhere. Screw the 1700s gun write-up. My feeling of sorrow for those poor kids is very strong, those little kids never hurt no-one..Maybe it is time to get a grip now! (and really state what you feel about how easy it is to get any Automatic Weapons of your liking)...People should speak now...not after people forget and it's just another day! Sorry again AdamR, just my point of view! If you don't like what I have to say just dump me!! Remember I hurt Too for these kid and thier families!!! Nuff-said. Jim
This bottom feeder who did this mass murder was a troubled kid. If his parents didn't see it they should be held responsible(if they were still alive). They were liable since the guns were registered in their names AND they were supposed to stored unloaded and locked in a safe. And automatic weapons were banned in the states in 1968.
The worst part of all this is we can't bring back those young souls and we have nothing to do but feel deep sorrow. How can anyone enjoy anything in the days and weeks to come. And for those closely involved I have said just one prayer last night. Adam, hug those children of yours. And this is just me..shield them from the news and when they ask those questions about what happened use discretion. They don't need their little minds poisoned now with the facts. If they were a little older they would understand. School is out for the holidays so you have time to keep things normal for them. God bless you, your family and everyone of you who have children of all ages. Take care

The latest update is that the Guns were bought legally and registered to the mother. She was the first to be killed. Point blank in the face. He then stole his mothers car and broke into the school. He was not let in by staff. The school was locked which is standard practice in CT.

His mother was not a teacher are originally reported and his father did not live in NJ but in Stamford CT. I believe the father is alive but Im not sure.

Some reports say the killer was Autistic and had other issue while other reports are saying he was a good kid. They have no idea what the connection with the school is other than he was a student there when he was young.

His Brother in NJ was originally reported as the killer. He has been cleared of having anything to do with the killings or any knowledge of what was going to happened. Its reported he hasnt seen his brother in 10 years.

There were reports of a van with others involved dressed in costumes. I have yet to see any thing else about the van or its occupants since.

Words cannot express the profound grief and sorrow that this nation feels as a whole in the aftermath of such an incomprehensible act of violence. May the people who lost their lives rest in peace and God please give the strength and spiritual guidance to the survivors of this horrible day.

All the Tv station's here are all doing special broadcasts as I write this,...Some of the stories about the victims and the families,...It's just friggin heartbreaking...The end of the innocence for those children that survived ...

Had a meeting with all my officers in my fire house this morning,...We have an annual Breakfast with Santa tomorrow morning at the firehouse.,...We've all agreed to keep thing as normal as possible,...We talked about a moment of silence, but decided to do that only with the members before we open the doors to the public.

We want the families and their children to be able to forgret about about this event for at least a couple of hours so they can enjoy their time with Santa

-
Back