Shooting at a local school

-
I have a 3 year old son. I find this story way too close. I have not been following the news because I heard enough - 20 little ones taken.
I couldn't even read all of this thread because it makes me think about how I would feel losing my little boy. I pray for those families, all of them. I left work a little early yesterday to get my son from daycare and went home and hugged him and kept him on my lap as he watched Disney Jr. network. My heart goes out to those parents.

Sad time and such a loss. My prayers go out for all affected by this tragic loss.

Another shooting was being planned in Oklahoma but it was stopped before it happened. Suspect held on $1 million bond.

On Friday, the same day as the shooting massacre in Newton, police also arrested an 18-year-old high school student in Oklahoma for allegedly plotting an attack at a school.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...een-arrested-in-school-shooting-plot/1771497/

All these attacks on schools. I just don't get it. After what has happened in Newtown, I think from here on out every school in the country should have every classroom be a safe zone for the kids once school is started. That means ALL the classrooms have doors that are locked and only cardkey accessed only by the teachers and authorized people in the school. Leave the doors open only from the inside. This crazy nut once he broke into the school, was able to just open the classroom door and go in and start shooting. Had the doors been locked he wouldn't have been able to get in so easy and it would have bought some time for the police to get there. We have to do more to make it harder for these maniacs to be able to walk in and go on a shooting spree. At least at the schools anyway. We can't lock every mall and business but it seems like schools are an easy target and they are becoming more and more at risk.

This tragedy should get people thinking and I hope some good will come out of it in the form of stronger safety measures. I can only hope.

How the hell do all of these whack jobs slip through the cracks?
People like this plan an attack for a long time before they actually go through with it.
Senseless isn't even the word for it.
Prayers for everyone involved, directly and indirectly.
What a shame.

My thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone involved in the horrible mess. Glad to hear all is well AdamR. It scared me to open this thread knowing you were so close. And to anyone else who lives around the area.

This made some sense to me

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

This poor town now has someone calling bomb threats into local churches. They cant even mourn their loss at church without some scumbag threatening them.

For those that believe that faculty should be allowed to carry guns try to remember the Empire State shooting in August. Nine people were wounded. Every one of them was hit by Police gunfire.

No no no, we are to forget that.

This punk was from a well to do family, heck the old man earns a million bucks a year I seen, his ex wife was getting $325,000 and lived on 2 acres of private land.

How come this punk didn't have dirt bikes to play with and not guns ? His mom was all worry the end was near and loaded up with guns. This punk had no criminal record so what good any gun laws would do, unless ALL people could not buy guns ?

This punk was also medicated as a child cause he would not conform, his doctors drugged him up so he do well in school. He made the honor roll--how nice. Too bad he was so un happy with life he had nothing better to do but try to ruin life for as many people as he could.

All that money he could have done so much, instead he did this. Why and more importantly when again, who is next ? Something needs to be done but likely nothing will and just a matter of time before another mass shooting will take place.

Obama is in town also.

Yeah, I'm sure his bodyguards are taking positions and clearing out the area.

Obama came to Detroit last Monday, at the same time US customs had a "computer break down" and traffic was back up for hours from Canada--did not clear up until Obama was on the plane out of here.

No no no, we are to forget that.

This punk was from a well to do family, heck the old man earns a million bucks a year I seen, his ex wife was getting $325,000 and lived on 2 acres of private land.

How come this punk didn't have dirt bikes to play with and not guns ? His mom was all worry the end was near and loaded up with guns. This punk had no criminal record so what good any gun laws would do, unless ALL people could not buy guns ?

This punk was also medicated as a child cause he would not conform, his doctors drugged him up so he do well in school. He made the honor roll--how nice. Too bad he was so un happy with life he had nothing better to do but try to ruin life for as many people as he could.

All that money he could have done so much, instead he did this. Why and more importantly when again, who is next ? Something needs to be done but likely nothing will and just a matter of time before another mass shooting will take place.

A child being on medication for ADHD as a child or adult makes them no less of a person or more of a threat to anyone. Careful on how your words are put down in type as they can be read different ways. Although I am sure you and your children are all perfect in your own world.

So angry to find out what went on in that school in Newtown, Ct.
I spent the first 20 years of my life, growing up in Waterbury, CT. not that far from Newtown.
My sister lived in that town when she got married.
Now i will have to remember that city, and the horrific tragedy, the rest of my life, what happened there.
So sad.

It states in the article that those were his thoughts.

Nobody can verify that. If he'd said it, it'd be all over the news, and he'd be doin' interviews. Freeman is a huge Obama fan, and unlikely to say anything "for" gun freedoms. But that is not supposed to be what this thread is about.

I fell so so badly for the children, and their families. Believe me, there is never any closure. I lost my brother just out of high school, a stupid car accident. Even in his later years, my Dad would longingly mention him. Dad and he were much closer than I was to Dad, and became a real companion while I was in the Navy.

I'm truly happy your kids are OK. This stuff brings tears to my eyes and makes me angry for the cowardly people who are even capable of doing this to innocent children. Went to the children's Christmas paegant at church this morning and couldn't stop thinking about those parents who don't have their kids to hug anymore because of this person's actions.

The media will blame guns and it's not the guns fault. I own my share of guns but they have never endangered any humans since they have been in my ownership, which has been many years in most cases!

I find my strength in the Lord above and pray that He will bring strength and healing to those affected by this selfish act.

if you read this please bow your head to our father in heaven-father please be with these familys at this time,we pray that thru this terrible terrible act of hell on your blessed and innocent children that somehow,someway that your mercy and grace fills the hearts of those that lost someone today at this school,we lift these familys up to you lord and lay this in your hands,we may never know the sick and demented reason someone would do this but we keep our faith in you and your word that you know all things and would never permit a act like this in accordance with your perfect will for our lives,these sick and perverted people in this world are growing here on earth and i pray that you will rightfully judge those who committed this act,father we praise you for the protection of the other children and we ask that you be with adam and his family at this time and give peace in this community where this act took place. In your heavenly name amen

x2 amen.

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. “where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. “This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land! “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! “Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around. “Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness,” I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

No I did not. I found this on the web but thought it appropriate to post as a tribute to all those little angels who are now with God.

If you read this PLEASE bow your head to our father in Heaven-Father please be with these familys at this time,We pray that thru this terrible terrible act of hell on your blessed and innocent children that somehow,someway that your mercy and grace fills the hearts of those that lost someone today at this school,We lift these familys up to you Lord and lay this in your hands,We may never know the sick and demented reason someone would do this but we keep our faith in you and your word that you know all things and would never permit a act like this in accordance with your perfect will for our lives,These sick and perverted people in this world are growing here on earth and I pray that you will rightfully judge those who committed this act,Father we praise you for the protection of the other children and we ask that you be with Adam and his family at this time and give peace in this community where this act took place. In your Heavenly name AMEN

Thank your for sharing your faith. Your words are a blessing. This past Sunday as I was teaching Sunday school, I set aside some time to talk about this and shared some thoughts with the class. Right now, the families and friends of the victims need lots of prayers, and they need a lot of love. I would add only one thing to your prayer - I pray in the name of Jesus Christ for those who will be called upon in the coming days to counsel and minister to those left behind. I ask God to give them the right words to say when words are needed, and to simply offer a loving shoulder to cry on when words can't suffice. I pray that the love of Christ will be reflected in the hearts of all the caregivers for however long it is needed. We lift them all up in the name of Jesus - amen.

-
Back