shots from the garage...

-
How Much did they pay you to show up? Just checking... :elmer:
That's a dam shame on that payout.... :realcrazy:

Changed oil... ran the valves... new spark plugs... good general check over and fastener checking. Think we’re ready for our last race before taking the summer off. Will load up everything Sunday and hit the road to Bakersfield Wednesday morning. The rescheduled “March Meet” will be interesting.... Usually the Mickey Thompson truck is there and I was hoping to have some new slicks mounted up, but the 29.5-10.5 are not available from what I’ve been reading. Guess we’ll go “light” on the burnouts :)

As of now.... I will NEVER attend a race that drags out 4 days. Getting one or two hits a day.... first round Saturday, rest of eliminations Sunday, and the sun was a blazin! The car worked pretty good... I was hitting the tree ok... but gave it away Sunday am when I rolled in deep. Thought I waited but went red .017. After 4 hot days we loaded up and headed home. Car is unloaded and parked as well as the golf cart. Have to unload everything out of the trailer that you don’t want destroyed by heat. We’ll be pulling the tires off the trailer and wait for cooler weather.

It’s been a long time since the car has sat this long untouched…. Was finally able to procure some new slicks, so they’re mounted and balanced. Big plan was to head north over Labor Day Weekend to race, but the little “C” came to visit last week….. yeah COVID time. Been out of work all week and I’m not certain when I’m going back. I’m usually the one to at least go to work and “take it easy” but this crap really knocked the wind out of my sails. I’m not even 100% sure I’ll be race ready by the end of the month let alone the stamina for the long days of driving up there and back.

It’s been a long time since the car has sat this long untouched…. Was finally able to procure some new slicks, so they’re mounted and balanced. Big plan was to head north over Labor Day Weekend to race, but the little “C” came to visit last week….. yeah COVID time. Been out of work all week and I’m not certain when I’m going back. I’m usually the one to at least go to work and “take it easy” but this crap really knocked the wind out of my sails. I’m not even 100% sure I’ll be race ready by the end of the month let alone the stamina for the long days of driving up there and back.

Sorry to hear it you got it buddy. Between the lockdown, me getting coronavirus going into the winter in Pa, and another illness, plus my age I’m still struggling to get my endurance back. August and I haven’t hit the damn track yet.

Yeah John it sucks… but I guess the timing wasn’t too bad. I really didn’t plan on racing this summer. The three tracks that are tolerable temp wise this time of year are 5-6-9 hours away and all in CA sporting their $4.30 gal fuel prices. I was talking about getting back to work but like my wife mentioned, I haven’t raced since memorial weekend, me not working a couple weeks is still cheaper than two race weekends . On a lighter note after giving JEGS 2 chances to get me a race harness I called summit and found a suitable set of cam locks in stock so they’ll be here Monday.

Straight from the garage. Finaly putting it to life.

IMG_20210803_151518.jpg

My greatest accomplishment of August…. Surviving my 93 degree garage this AM for an hour to swap out my 5 point harness. Went with some gray RCI cam lock belts this time around. New shoes are mounted and balanced, just have to be bolted on to the car. With any luck we’ll be racing in 24 days :)

Labor Day racing was fun. Mid 70s to low 90s.. couldn’t hit the tree to save my life. By far the crappiest track I’ve raced on in a long time. Thunder Valley in eastern SoDak. It’s really a cool old facility with nice grassy shaded pit areas, but the track surface is in some serious need of tlc. Next stop will be northwest to Sacramento CA for the mopar muscle shootout Saturday the 25th.

Life got in the way and we had to skip the mopar race in Sacramento…. and then last weekend family plans fell on a race weekend in Famoso…. starting to wonder why I have a racecar. Thinning the herd some. Sold my spare W8 mill and my race 727. Checking schedules and we’ll try to hit a couple events in November

Oh no, shots from the garage? did you take cover and return fire...?:lol:

just a lil blog on my mopar activities over the years…. Although it’s become less pictures since Photobucket started extorting too much $$ for photo links.

So here is my “non race car” on the dyno last week refining the fuel mapping. Not sure why a “non race car” has to be dynoed and has a roll bar in it? Racing is a sickness. My wife explained to me in no uncertain terms when I started building this one that we had enough cars with roll bars in them. But man o man it sure makes getting the seat belts sorted out so much easier! Gen 3 Hemi in an old 72 Demon.

2FC54AC5-E1E0-4616-B9F2-0045AE285FBD.jpeg

So here is my “non race car” on the dyno last week refining the fuel mapping. Not sure why a “non race car” has to be dynoed and has a roll bar in it? Racing is a sickness. My wife explained to me in no uncertain terms when I started building this one that we had enough cars with roll bars in them. But man o man it sure makes getting the seat belts sorted out so much easier! Gen 3 Hemi in an old 72 Demon.

View attachment 1715805693
So what did the dyno numbers say?

So what did the dyno numbers say?
452 or 455HP at the tire on Mustang Dyno I am still waiting on printout and don’t remember which it was. Either way I am a happy guy, but in our world it don’t mean nothing till you put it on the track. But on serious note it is literally built as a daily driver. Tremec Six speed manual, Mustang two front end, disc brakes and no toggle switches on dash! Likely never see the track.

452 or 455HP at the tire on Mustang Dyno I am still waiting on printout and don’t remember which it was. Either way I am a happy guy, but in our world it don’t mean nothing till you put it on the track. But on serious note it is literally built as a daily driver. Tremec Six speed manual, Mustang two front end, disc brakes and no toggle switches on dash! Likely never see the track.
Nice! Great power.

-
Back