Should I go with white walls??

Should I go with white walls?

• yes

Votes: 60 50.4%
  • no

Votes: 59 49.6%

• Total voters
-
If I was in a position to take the tires off my car, I'd sell you mine. Right look for your car...wrong look for mine.

I'd go with thin whites...when I got my car it had wide whites...it actually looked pretty good but it was a pain to keep clean.

Here's some of mine with wide white 13" tires and thin white 14" tires. I think the wide whites look probably a little better on my longer Dart than on a shorter Valiant. Also the price of Coker whites and some of the reviews of the quality would worry me. I've heard better reviews on Diamondback wide whites...course a lot of the guys that buy wide whites also want bias ply for 'the look'.

Attachments

• GarageDart.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Eandthe65a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 241
Porta-walls! JC Whitney....get. tall tire though, like a 175 and keep it pumped up, these don't like radial tire bulge. Buddy had them on a light blue 64 dart vert and it looked clean.
Portawall%20whitewalls.JPG

Aw hell, LOL. Get up with the times. CAMBER that *****

tumblr_lwni7opmJU1r3xia7o1_500.jpg

399965974179a898de06b.jpg

HaHa!!!! I tend to be understanding of most mods and looks that people go for... To each their own... But the camber craze blows my mind, WTF?!!!

Porta-walls! JC Whitney....get. tall tire though, like a 175 and keep it pumped up, these don't like radial tire bulge. Buddy had them on a light blue 64 dart vert and it looked clean.
Portawall%20whitewalls.JPG

Those were optional equipment on new cars years ago. My grandfather's '48 Chrysler New Yorker had them from the factory. I also bought an aftermarket set for my '48 Plymouth, but they really suck to install as the rim has to grip them evenly all around or they come loose while driving.

Heck, I would change out the rims as well... but best not to tick off the sig other...

First off...Ditch those 13" wheels !!!
Get a set or 14x4.5 or 14x5.5 wheels.
Red lines ? Get out your American Express, or anything from Coker for that matter !
Do not buy bias ply tires....They suck when driving !!! Trust me.!
Thin white walls are ok for some cars.
Give me a set of BFG's white letter out all day !!!!

I have to agree with rusty on that, unless you want a weird back to the future vibe like marty and the doc did with the delorean.

Just buy some tire paint, a 1" brush from home depot and go crazy......JK :) Thin whites are my vote. Period appropriate and accent the white. Also, they make the red paint pop more. Just my two cents.

-
Back