Should I restore it??

-

ryansiki

Reaction score
Should I bother looking for a more solid project, or just stick with the 75' valiant shown here? I live up northern so it might be hard to find a project worth buying. What do u guys think?It's your standard slant six auto, 7 1/4 car.Oh and the drivers side floor pan isn't much better that the passenger.

Attachments

• PSFPV 016.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 290
  • PSFPV 004.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 273
  • PSFPV 006.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 280
  • PSFPV 012.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 319
  • PSFPV 001.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 299
  • PSFPV 005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 295
Just depends on what you want.. If you want to learn how to fix up a car and do alot of hands on work ? Then go for it but if you just want to get in a nice car just take the money that one needs to be " nice " and buy a southern car and have it shipped to you.

Why put a new heart in something without arms and legs. It'll never walk again on its own. Its a no brainer , Its dead , Bury it

Parts car for sure, I spent ALL last summer making a whole floorboard for my '66 valiant------ I'll never do that again..

I agree with the others. Thats a parts car. I used to live in the Interior of B.C, and you can still find better cars than that around.

im going to say if you like the car and want give it a shot to fix it up,then by all means go for it.But if you feel any doubt that its a project beyond your abilities or budget,than find something else.Good luck with whatever you plan to do =)

find a 72 or older A Body..

ya hes wrong, find a more solid project thats all any year that you like is a year to do rather it be a 76 or a 73 or a 70 be happy with what you have but find somthing that will not get you bored out of the hobby like my 74 dart sport did to me

ok man i just sold a 65 cuda that need less than that thing needs no what i would do is find a diff one and use that one for parts how much u got it now ?

If you dig it and have to have sure.
Look in a dry climate for a solid foundation.

All depends on your financial situation. But you will put a ton of money and work into that car, and come out with something that is not worth anything in the end.

Better to spend a little more up front on something more desirable and in better shape, and you will make out in the long run.

I was thinking "maybe" until I noticed the front sub frame is shot in da ***.. I think if you started pecking on it with a hammer all you would have left is a roof an maybe a hood...

attachment.php

well if u dont use any of it theres members that mite need the parts and that way u can make some of the cash back that u have in it and u will be help some one that mite be helping u some day with parts later

You have 2 things against you...
1. as greenhornet said, that subframe is gone
2. your doors have astro-turf on them

Find something more solid and keep this car for parts and/or part it out. Just don't reuse the astro-turf door panels.:toothy10:

-
Back