Show off your intercooler and plumbing

-
Lucky! E85 is too far away for me to use it or I would. I was talking to a Fuel Distributor to deliver 55 Gal Drums that I can store and he said that is a bad idea. If E85 Sits too long you need to test the fuel to make sure it is still good.

In a sealed drum I would say about 3-4 months in a cool shaded area, As soon as you open the drum it will start to collect moisture... 55 gallons once opened in a twin turbo car probably wont sit around as long as you think ;)

Joe

I'm really not interested in running that as a band aid. I just wanted to know if this info was correct? He basically said the heat exchanger isn't needed unless you are gonna road race this thing. Street strip cars dont spend enough time in boost on the street to create enough heat to require using one. Just put a hobbs switch on a pipe and use it to activate the IC pump at 3 or 4 psi. Use a double pole double throw switch, use tge hobbs on one side and wire it directly the other. Street mode one way, race mode the other.

I was describing a set up like urs mad dart

Even on a street car you will get a lot of heat soak in your cold side plumbing, About as hot as your engine compartment, Just sitting in traffic will get you way hot and then the first time you get a chance to stretch it out when you get moving it will get even hotter ( compressing air only makes it hotter ) With some sort of intercooler you will be able to run more base ( initial ) timing and more total ( full advance ) much more streetable and fun to drive and less likely to over heat on a hot day even more MPG"S. If you have to retard the timing to say 12 Degrees under boost It will spool the turbo easily with that much combustion heat, But wont make as much power as it would with 14 degrees. CHARGE COOLER GOOD ! :cheers:

Joe

sick car sublime69!!!!! is the molding air brushed or real? either way i love the car!

well i have a water to air system on my dart. i made a 7 gallon tank, the innercooler rated for 1200 hp., i converted a ford f-450 trans cooler into a heat exchanger that i mounted under the trunk where the gas tank was. it also has daul spal fans on it. i never have to add water and i only use ice when i really want to beat on it (i.e. the track or dyno..). i drive the car on the street when its 30deg or 110deg outside! it always runs the same. i will try to post some pics later if you want.

Doesn't look like anyone else asked, so I guess I will. I'd love to see some pictures!

I know it's only little 2.2 FWD cars, but I've owned one with an intercooler and one without. After owning both, I swore I would never build a turbo car without an intercooler, it just made that much of a difference. I'm not talking performance, either. The non-intercooled one made much less power, but more importantly, it was very sensitive to knock. I had to be careful not to lean into it pulling a hill or it would rattle, while the T2 car just pulled and never seemed to have a problem. Just my 2 cents, but mad boost or not, I wouldn't run a car without an intercooler if I could help it.

Doesn't look like anyone else asked, so I guess I will. I'd love to see some pictures!

I know it's only little 2.2 FWD cars, but I've owned one with an intercooler and one without. After owning both, I swore I would never build a turbo car without an intercooler, it just made that much of a difference. I'm not talking performance, either. The non-intercooled one made much less power, but more importantly, it was very sensitive to knock. I had to be careful not to lean into it pulling a hill or it would rattle, while the T2 car just pulled and never seemed to have a problem. Just my 2 cents, but mad boost or not, I wouldn't run a car without an intercooler if I could help it.

here are a few pics for you in no particular order...

Attachments

• 0405002137.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 0331002341.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 0423092216.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 0423092216a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 0530091921.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 0530091922a.jpg