Silliest Thing You Ever Put On Your Mopar ?

-
Alligator clip feathers hanging on the mirror.
"Alligator clip" mmhm yeah right.... :D:D:D

asdfh.jpg

Rear wheel adapters, 5 on 4 1/2 to 5 on 4 so I could mount my rear Cragers. Also had air shocks for the Cragers and meats.

IMG_0002_NEW.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW_0007.jpg

Its funny how your tatses change, I got my car with two aluminum slots and two ralley wheels on it. I scraped up a full set of ralleys,and i have a set of slots but they arent from the same manufacturer, I have two fentons and two US wheel Indy. I do want a nice set of slots though...
put a matched set on each side, no one will notice. My barn find 65 "S" came with curb feelers, a custom plate that said LUXURY5 and a trailer hitch! All that stuff came off day 2.

Super Bee in the grill. It's false advertising but I like the looks of it there.
View attachment 1715779047
HOLY ****, you really got a scat pack dart from back in the day?? MAN that things gotta be worth MILLIONS now.. how many did they make three maybe.. are they really 495 triplequad hemis like the rumors all say they were..?? WOW what a find... ok i know.. cut the crap, BUT damn you caould have young pups starry eyed with that one.

put a matched set on each side, no one will notice. My barn find 65 "S" came with curb feelers, a custom plate that said LUXURY5 and a trailer hitch! All that stuff came off day 2.
That is an idea, the centers are the difference I couldn't get the Fenton centers to fit US wheel, i was going to do that as I have 4 Fenton centers.

Hello all,
I think the most ridiculous thing I did back in the 70's was to use the windshield washers as an alcohol injection system. I built a 4 nozzle squirter and attached it to the inside of the air cleaner on my 68 GTS. I believe it may have worked if only I used methanol alcohol, not isopropil. I decided to try it out at the drags one saturday. After staging I throttled up to 2500, and with the green light, I punched the gas and pushed the washer button at the same time. My Dart jumped forward then did a nose dive and stalled. Talk about embarrassing!

A high school/community college classmate used the windshield wiper reservoir to pump beer into his cup while he sat in his '73 Road Runner in the school parking lot (not sure how he kept it cold).

I too put slapper bars on one of my cars. I took it to the drag strip & put my slicks on, the first launch bent the springs so bad the car looked like a tail dragger.

I did put a gal's nekkid *** on the hood of my Charger when I was in school. But that wasn't silly. That was bidness.

I bent my wiper fluid nozzles up so I could spray the car behind me in my 71 Cuda.

One in the early 70's was a home-made fuel "cool can" laborously made from some big can and a bunch of copper tubing. Of course I had read an article in "car craft" or "hot rod" or some bullshit

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW JUST HOW BAD some of the info in some of those mags was/ is, remember these two:

There was once a "project 32 coupe" or some such in I think "Popular HotRodding". They actually did an article in the series showing how to shorten the driveshaft IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TUBE. Months later they came out with a "retraction."

Another little known "I wish I had that today" blurb was a tiny little box/ window/ announcement in the back of one of the mags in those days. I don't remember exactly the wording, but it was ADMITTING that they "massaged' the drag race results in car testing articles "If they thought they should have been better" due to driver mistakes/ weather/ who knows what else

View attachment 1715779015
Is this your cool can?
KIMG1230~2.JPG

After polishing:

KIMG1238.JPG

Lol...

-
Back