site change

-
nice - that is good news- I do see the icon for thanks - which I guees I must have overlooked before - we're almost whole again

I wish I could get it to move along faster --- believe me, there are literally hundred of little tweaks to be made, and some of them I have to use outside help for (like the tanks/like issue) and have to wait on those outside people to get it to work how I want.

I wish I could get it to move along faster --- believe me, there are literally hundred of little tweaks to be made, and some of them I have to use outside help for (like the tanks/like issue) and have to wait on those outside people to get it to work how I want.
You're doing an awesome job Joey. People just need to be a little more patient. I'm sure that this change is a mountainous endeavor for you, requiring much time on your behalf.

Can someone tell me how to clear the red balloon above garage showing me the number of unseen pictures?

Click on Photo Garages -- Then click on "Mark Viewed" in upper left menu to mark all as viewed....

marked.jpg

Yeah, i'm getting used to it too............
What i miss is the ''today's birthdays'' and the waving flags of your country under your avitar.
Hopefully that will come back.
I still can't access the political forum though, and i miss that.
Good job Joey, i'm sure it's a lot of work and money that we all 50 plus people don't appreciate or understand.
It's just another excuse to spend more time on here, you crafty dog!
I will always remain a gold member to support the site..............

Last edited:
Wow Guys....I guess some of you don't see the yellow box at the top of the page. Features are being activated as we speak..I'm far from an IT expert but even I know you just don't wave a magic wand and it's all there. I'm old also and somewhat resistant to change but I kinda like what I see so far. This opinion is worth what you paid for it but thought I'd put it out there any way.

"You certain about that"

Nope.
Got a mopar sevant locally that's in his early twenties.
Go young guns.

i would just like to see the full page as i scroll. i cant watch any videos as it is all cut off on the screen. id post a screen shot from my droid but i dont know how to

Screenshot_2016-04-27-20-08-57.png

My old-tech pencil and paper work exactly the same today as they did when I first learned to use them.
If/when my windows 7 fails to work anymore, I think I will be done with computers.
I too liked the old FABO waaay better. Not because I'm resistant to change or that it took me years to learn to navigate, but seriously, IMO,it was way simpler, to get around.I'll stick around as long as W7 will let me.

Last edited:
You certain about that?

hi 67 dart...
ok... i admit... probably a bad choice of words. i guess what i should have said was that there are two types of "knowledgeable mopar folks" - "old guys" like me who grew up with mopar muscle cars from the 60's and 70's hanging out in the dealerships talking to the mechanics and salesmen AND newer generations of "mopar fans" who love mopars and have studied and busted their own knuckles and maybe even hung out with a few "old geezer" mopar fans.

if you are a "youth" mopar guy - i salute you!! it's guys like you that will keep the memories of these cars alive for years to come... best wishes mr. dart guy!!

Scamp mike I was a little older when a started Fiddling !!! Lol

I'm having a lot of trouble finding just the abody stuff to read where did it go to? You may have to pm me. Thanks

When you are in a forum, how can you tell which posts are new since the last time you logged on? It used to be that the threads with the new posts were highlighted and the threads with no new posts were not as prominent. Now they are all the same. I'm probably just missing something easy but for the life of me I can't find a way to tell the difference.

Jack

"New posts" are all posts that have content since you last read them. They are all the same because they are all new to you.. When you read a thread, and nobody has posted since, it doesn't show up at all in new posts.

Recent posts, shows all recent threads, even the ones you've read, but the ones you have read are lighter in color, like below:

Untitled.jpg

Keeping up with the "new technology" , Sorry but that aint gonna happen. It changes far too fast today. The days of everyone using 1 of 2 ( Windows and Linux ) operating systems are past. My grandkids keep up very well but I can't.
We bought a new TV just after Christmas that is a so called "smart set". That means it has built in Android operating system. 4 months later and I still aint got it all fingered out. anyway..
The addition of KODI software and forum crawler addons work but only where the forums software is compatible. Do I want to visit FABO or any forum via my TV ? No.
On the other side, forum owners want all the traffic they can get.

i've been on fabo now since around 2007. i really would like to know from the owner/administrator WHY the change in format was necessary. i found the old site very easy to use and enjoyable to log onto once or twice a day just to see new posts and check for up-dates to already posted items.

as is the case with ALL "internet" web site "updates" fabo has now become much harder to use and understand. i'm guessing that the format change had to do with the owners making more money off of a different arrangement - that seems to always be the case with web site changes. what seems ironic to me is that the fabo community are NOT "young kids who wake up each day with a smart phone or tablet in their hand." i would put a $20 dollar bill on a bet that the average age of fabo members is probably in their 50's. you have to be "of a certain age" to know anything about "old mopars." i would guess that there are many "senior citizens" like myself who don't want a thousand "options" on web sites they use frequently but just want to be able to log onto the site and look around without learning a bunch of new commands and procedures.

so again i ask the owner/adminstrator - why did you trash your old format which was very easy for your older fabo members to use in favor of this "new and improved" format? i will continue to log onto fabo to TRY and find the same old information and comments that i used to be able to access quickly. but i suspect that i will just not be on this site as much as i used to be. i would be interested in hearing comments from other members who are not experiencing any "warm and fuzzy feelings" over "the New FABO."
I am not 50 (but close) I agree with ya 100%

"New posts" are all posts that have content since you last read them. They are all the same because they are all new to you.. When you read a thread, and nobody has posted since, it doesn't show up at all in new posts.

Recent posts, shows all recent threads, even the ones you've read, but the ones you have read are lighter in color, like below:

View attachment 1714929256

I understand what you are saying Joey, but is there any way to just have the threads that have been either posted in or newly created since your last visit highlighted. I don't want to read every thread title that is highlighted to know that I may or may not be interested in it or more importantly helpful in it, every time I visit.

I know, this was a part of the old format and it may not be available with the new format, but it was a nice feature.

Jack

I understand what you are saying Joey, but is there any way to just have the threads that have been either posted in or newly created since your last visit highlighted. I don't want to read every thread title that is highlighted to know that I may or may not be interested in it or more importantly helpful in it, every time I visit.

I know, this was a part of the old format and it may not be available with the new format, but it was a nice feature.

Jack

Ill look into it

gotta say it again --
adapt or perish... sounds like it was this new software or no site at all... I'm pretty old school/hate change myself - but this isn't bad at all.. betcha it could have been worse.. imagine losing the site all together!!!
I am not 50 (but close) I agree with ya 100%

-
Back