Slant 170 value

-

iw378

Reaction score
I pulled a good running 170 slant and tranny out of my 67 valiant a couple weeks ago. I dont want to scrap it because it ran real good. Is there any value in a complete engine, k frame , transmission and radiator. I did put a new carb, and fuel pump on it.
If it is saleable, where should I start out at ?

"Not much"
I wasnt figuring much. Just trying to figure out if if i should just scrap it. Im sure someone could use parts off of it. But i dont have the time or patience to hang around for some jerkwad wanting oiil pan bolts. Lol

They are getting harder to find, I paid $100 for one and made a 10hr. round trip for it, 60K eng. pulled running. Paid and pulled myself $200 for an eng/PB904 combo,another
long day as well. You need someone looking tho', advertise dude, if there's anybody near enuff interested a c-note should be no problemo.

There's a guy here trying to sell one on Craigs, he started at $500, now at $400, I think he's still dreaming.
When I pulled a nice running 225 / out of my dart, I sold it for $100

if you can get $100 consider yourself lucky. just not a item thats high in demand.. they have their following anbd all but its on the smaller sid in the grand scheme of things...

If I remember right, the 170 rods are what people are after.
No, 198 rods are what some guys are looking for. 170 rods will only work in a 170.
As for the value? Money wise, the 170 is nearly worthless. As far as what they should be worth? The 170 is probably the sweetest, most indestructible internal combustion device the world has ever known.
Chrysler engineers called it the "perfect engine". After daily driving one for the last 3 years, I absolutely have to agree.

My interest in them is simple, the head is capable of supporting that displacement well, I plan on turbo feeding it, the short stroke will handle sustained RPM much better,& the
block is lower and lighter. The cylinder walls are more rigid, being an inch shorter, and the lower deck moves the massive head and everything attached to it down in the car
almost 7/8",better CG,more hood clearance............in a light early A...... I like the open road and the closed course ones as well. I want to have a few to sonic check & pick
from. Value is to the individual, and if you were close I'd drop that $100 for another crank/block to choose/use. Amazing the crap people pay way more for, say a yard 3.7
to keep some shitty rusty Liberty running, yet balk at a increasingly scarce complete eng. out of production for 47yrs. being worth 1 bean?

Is there any useable parts I should save ? K frame, bracketry, motor mounts oil pan or valve cover, manifolds, strut rods, clutch z bar. If not since its all together I'll just toss the whole thing in the scrap bin.

Is there any useable parts I should save ? K frame, bracketry, motor mounts oil pan or valve cover, manifolds, strut rods, clutch z bar. If not since its all together I'll just toss the whole thing in the scrap bin.
You should be posting this in the slanty forum, and the parts for sale forum, add a CL ad and be done. It is all valuable to those who need them, if you don't get any interest in a
reasonable time, then pitch it. As soon as you do, there will be 20 people asking if you still have it 'cause they're interested,lol! But I'd hang on to those pan bolts..............

-
Back