Small Interior Resto 68' Cuda

-
I think I just learned something- dash woodburl is available ? Where? That dash looks great! Also, your spare tire. Looks like you have larger 5.5" rim, E70x14 tire option. The hold down bolt is longer, 8 3/16". Is that what you have? Mine is missing, am trying to find one.
Dash inserts are from Classic industries available, PN MA557, 45.- USD

Dash inserts are from Classic industries available, PN MA557, 45.- USD

I just looked up that part number and that is a kit to add woodgrain to the lower part of the dash. They don't seem to sell the upper woodgrain as a kit, only a new dash panel with the woodgrain on it for $600.

I just looked up that part number and that is a kit to add woodgrain to the lower part of the dash. They don't seem to sell the upper woodgrain as a kit, only a new dash panel with the woodgrain on it for $600.
As far as I know, that lower woodgrain never was offered OEM.
I do have the OEM 68 burl wood appliques stored away here somewhere. I don't recall its condition.

I found the part MA549, the wood looks a little different...but it is the upper part.
It's really hard to find parts on Classic industries, sometimes i look on google pictures to find it or i try selfmade numbers to find the parts!

The MA 549 looks like the 69 style woodgrain, not the burlwood.

You're absolutely right.... maybe a carpenter can offer real wood. Only the top layers are burl wood, it's laminated to the basewood.

You're absolutely right.... maybe a carpenter can offer real wood. Only the top layers are burl wood, it's laminated to the basewood.
OEM was painted onto aluminum. Something different wouldn't match whats on the doors.

Last edited:
-
Back