So much for that toyota quality..

-

stroked 340

Banned
Reaction score
Toyota(or toyletes as we refer to them)has ANOTHER recall this time on the Priuse..i absolutely love it:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

these new cars are too damn complicated. everything is computer controlled. no wonder there are problems with them. they say that the new prius will keep you in your lane if you start to drift out of it..... i can see this malfunctioning and not letting you steer or something....

these new cars are too damn complicated. everything is computer controlled. no wonder there are problems with them. they say that the new prius will keep you in your lane if you start to drift out of it..... i can see this malfunctioning and not letting you steer or something....

This and that new option Mercedes or someone has that will even brake for you if you are to close. Yeah, i see that working perfectly every time.

I Don't Care For The Electronics Either, But They Are Great When They Work. I Drove My Wifes Magnum R/t Over Last Weekend On A Trip In The Ice, Sleet, & Snow. It Was Great To Get Around With. I Never Got Stuck. The Only Complaint, Not Enough Ground Clearence. Everthing On The Bottom Got Polished. Lol

Toyota's just another huge, multinational corporation (they have factories in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Portugal, Russian Federation, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States) that is out for themselves, like all the rest. Their sole purpose, THE SAME AS GM, FORD, AND CHRYSLER is to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. If they think they can make more money putting quantity over quality, they will. And consumers encourage them with our Wal-mart/internet mentality- we want everything to be inexpensive or free, and fast.

You own one them reliable toyotas don't ya'............

yup.. own that and a magnum. the magnum has been to the dealer more in the last 6 months for repairs then my toyota has been over the life of the car (both 2007 molels). and the toyota has 10,000 more miles on it then the magnum. bottom line is that magnum is a pile of crap.

My brother in law is a lead tech at the Toyota dealer in Naples Fl. and his pay check for the last 2 weeks is crazy high and it has only started.:cheers:

Electronics can fail, but then mechanical parts can fail also. I sure don't miss the old mechanical voltage regulators with the reed switches! Engineers must consider what would happen if a system fails, and what is the chance of failure. A broken cable in at traditional accelerator is possible, but it will merely cause the engine to idle- potentially dangerous, but not as bad as unchecked acceleration.
The operators of those Toyotas could have put the car in neural, taken the car off the road, and cut the engine. But people panic in these situations and don't do the logical thing. Would anyone actually use the mechanical emergency brake if their hydraulic brakes failed?

For you Toyota haters out there….. Can you name some really good, reliable American cars made in the last 10 years? I may be in the market…..

Im not looking for a truck or SUV.

I would like suggestions that offer good MPGs and a proven long term reliability record.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Can't say I feal sorry for them. I think if they want to add all that electronic crap to a car thats fine. As long as they still have a few models around that are still basic. I don't like paying for all that extra stuff that I never use any way and all it does is brake and not work after a few years.

For you Toyota haters out there….. Can you name some really good, reliable American cars made in the last 10 years? I may be in the market…..

I would like suggestions that offer good MPGs and a proven long term reliability record.

I have beaten the living crap out of my srt4 caliber with the boost at 19 psi and not a peep out of it. 26 mpg.:cheers:

I like it better than our srt300.

Good luck finding one though. I think they only made like 2 of them.:toothy10:

Can't say I feal sorry for them. I think if they want to add all that electronic crap to a car thats fine. As long as they still have a few models around that are still basic. I don't like paying for all that extra stuff that I never use any way and all it does is brake and not work after a few years.

I agree 100 percent.
This is why I evicted the EFI from my dakota.

with the great carbs and ignitions on the market today, who needs electronic anything? I sure dont.

There are exceptions though. I would never try to run my caliber on a carb. lol

Stay away from Chrysler is all I can say. Ford has had som good ones I believe.

Knock on wood, I have a 2005 Magnum and it hasn't been to the dealer once since we have had it. Regular oil changes at Jiffy lube, thats it !!!

Bob

All the people saying bad about Toyotas should shut their mouths. This is a big old bull **** thing founded by our great government. Funny how they aren't recalling all the Government Motors (GM) made cobalts for their faulty steering link that really can kill someone. Isn't it also funny how the same company that makes the throttle peddles for these Toyotas also make them for Nissan, Mazda, Honda, and even Ford yet we aren't hearing anything about them. Lets bash Toyota. Bring it on. They are still the best built car in America and this BS conspiracy from the Obama administration will backfire on them. As for the Prius, guess what. It's BS too. Too many people in the media trying to cause problems. This recall is costing Toyota over two billion to fix. It is costing dealerships time in the fact that we have several hundred calls a day from people that are scared because of **** said by people that have no idea what they are talking about. Fall in too and believe what they say. You’re the ones missing out.

This whole recall stems from some dumb *** in a Lexus that couldn't figure out how to pull the floor mat off of his throttle peddle. I mean, come on. Common sense goes along way.

This whole scare is bull ****. They never made Ford stop production of the pinto that would start on fire from a simple rear end collision. Or how about GM when the gas tanks where on the outside of the frame rail? That just sounds smart. But lets halt production of the Toyotas.

I'm done!!!!!!

Wait wait! You mean American hybrids also have brake problems? Golly me, can't imagine such a thing as an American car company having quality problems.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35242362/ns/business-autos/

As a Quality Manager in the auto industry for the last 15 years everybody has their issues. We have supplied parts to all of them including the Ford, GM's and Chryslers as well as the Honda's and Toyota's. What I have noticed is that Toyota seems to be less unique in the way they treat quality and more and more people are moving over to them from other manufacturers. Everybody tried to copy the Toyota Production System 15 years ago and they failed to make large improvements over that time. I am guessing this is happening further and further up the management chain. In the past you couldn't see much non Japanese past a certain level. I don't think it is the Americanized manager that is starting the leveling of the playing field it is the culture that some of these managers grew up in.

I think GM is getting the Lessons Learned thing down and will start to make quick improvements if the government lets them find a good CEO like Mullaly at Ford.

Ford was big into the Things gone right and Things gone wrong through launches over the last few years that I think is starting to pay off. They also realize that they need to put technology in their cars (not to run their cars but accessories like SINC) that will get the next generation wanting their products.

Chrysler lost most of their good people over the last few years with buy out after buy out and then the bankrupcy. A couple people have good intentions but they are left with quite a few duds. (not all just the majority).

If it was me buying a new car (which I can't due to huge pay cuts to stay working in Michigan) I would currently go with Ford but Honda is still quietly staying high in quality. Nissan is kind of funny. They mixed with the French (Peugeot) but seem to mirror Ford in their plans and demands.

Just my opinion. I hate to see things get pumped up by the media. I still see side saddle gas tank chevy trucks on the road every day.

Toyota is right up ther with the politician whose morals are above everybody else, & they find him cheating on his wife & kids or the preist who is hollyer than everybody else & is caught sleeping with the alter boy.
the point is, when you are up on that pedastal, its a long way down.
What you are seeing now, is people have woken up & realized that the toyota isn't as perfect as they lead to believe. I have known this for years & it really bugged me that they were getting a free ride from the automotive press. All toyota wants from Americans is our cash. toyota lost three of their top guys, who happen to have come from Chrysler, ford, & chevrolet. they were the reason for toyota success. the reason for them leaving, it seems if your are an American, you can only go up the corp. ladder so far, the rest of the way is reserved for japanese desent. they had vowed to return to the domestic auto industry & have. is it a coincidence that toyota is starting to have problems. I think not.

-
Back