So, my dog ate a popsicle stick....

-
one of our coonhounds ate a dish towel, next morning wife found it in the back yard, just like it went in. also have eaten a small dashboard type of lamp, base and all......

a friend of mine has a dog that swallowed a 5" long stick. IT got lodged in the dogs intestine somewhere. A emergency trip to the Vet ER... and $3200.00 later the dog is alive. My friend now shows off the $3200 dollar stick. The dog earned the name "Twiggy"

-RPM

Time for a new vet?
My lab broke through a door we had and got into the baby bottles. She lost weight and was puking, the bottle top she ate got wedged and would not let anything pass. Vet cut her open, and took it out, total bill was 500.00 bucks.

As posted before, I now have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. GREAT DOGS!
Years ago I had a pair of Irish Setters and the female had a thing for socks. Retrieved a few socks in the yard that had passed on through her.
No, the socks were not washed and re-worn!.

Any news yet on the 'poopsicle' watch???

A while ago I found a 5 week old kitten dodging truck traffic on an interstate overpass. Took him home and tried to feed him with a small bottle. He was so hungry he ate the nipple. Three weeks later, he was wondering around the living room and puked up the nipple.

I have two pit bulls that will eat corn cobs whole, the male ate three at one time before we could stop him. He didnt even chew them!

I pray that you get he shitty end of of the stick.
Or not, depending on how you look at it.

We have a Chahuahua (rat) that is very aggresive about eating things.
We have to pull strings out of it's rear end.

When I was a kid my neighbor had one of those hot dogs (can't remember what they're called). This one had lumps all over him, they thought it was tumors. After it died they had the vet do an autopsy to see what it was...

Tennis balls.

One year around the holidays my dog ate a whole spool of that ribbon that you use to tie up presents. I found the dog wandering around with a piece of it sticking out of her mouth and the empty spool (50 feet) on the floor. I started freaking out, ran around getting my shoes on and keys to take her to the vet when suddenly she started hacking and puked the whole thing up.

i have had dogs eat all kinds of bones and sticks and crazy stuff and have alot of trouble passing it but as soon as i find out what happend i start giving them double doses of caster oil every day to help, it works trust me they get real real mean untill its passed but hey wouldnt you too i have had hunting dogs and such my whole life you would be surprised what passes

Don't let a dog around treated wood. Friend of mine had a award winning chocolate lab that died of arsenic poisoning. He was having a dock built down on the lake. The workers was throwing pieces of scrap treated lumber out in the lake. The dog would retrieve the wood but chew and eat it when she brought it back to land. Bad stuff.

I have a pit bull mix with a basset hound and he eats some odd things. Not near as odd as the plastic stuff. We left him home alone one and ate a whole box of godiva chocolate. He has eaten bones, chicken and beef and pork; grapes, pickles, cat turds (yuck, cuz then he wants to lick you) and i've had to pull grass out of his rear end. Nastiest thing I've done second to my cousin doing a poop explosion in the bathroom. It got on the walls, his face, two of the houses toilet, and everthing. He started crying asking why he had to take a shower. LOL.

Good luck.

I have a pit bull mix with a basset hound and he eats some odd things. Not near as odd as the plastic stuff. We left him home alone one and ate a whole box of godiva chocolate. He has eaten bones, chicken and beef and pork; grapes, pickles, cat turds (yuck, cuz then he wants to lick you) and i've had to pull grass out of his rear end. Nastiest thing I've done second to my cousin doing a poop explosion in the bathroom. It got on the walls, his face, two of the houses toilet, and everthing. He started crying asking why he had to take a shower. LOL.

Good luck.

poop explosion.......now there is a visual I did not need........:-D:-D

Great thread!!! LOL I hope your pup will be ok. toolman

Any sign of the poopsicle yet??

Not so far. It's been almost a week.

She seems fine though. Still running around like crazy anytime there's a dog outside. Still snatching food from the kids.

Its getting kinda old digging through poop in the backyard looking for a popsicle stick. LOL!

Steve

Wow, I must be pretty cold-hearted (or just a cat person). If my pet was dumb enough to eat a random object and cause me to have to pay over $200 to fix it I probably wouldn't until it was in pain, then I'd probably just put it to sleep. No way I could ever spend $2500 on an animal.

My shep swallows first, then figures out whether it was edible. Generally wood is easily digested, as long as it doesn't get stuck somewhere where it can puncture something. After a week, I would hazard a guess that all is well.

Grant

Today while I was walking I noticed the beagle eating something in the yard. I yelled at him to stop and go lay down. He watched me to see if I was still watching and he slowly went back over. I went into the gate to see what he was eating now. He eats about everything except his dog food. The strange dogs loves grass clumps. Anyway he was eating leftover firecrackers from where the other half, not the better half, was setting them off. Ummm I wonder what happens if the dog has gas now?????:bootysha:

Today while I was walking I noticed the beagle eating something in the yard. I yelled at him to stop and go lay down. He watched me to see if I was still watching and he slowly went back over. I went into the gate to see what he was eating now. He eats about everything except his dog food. The strange dogs loves grass clumps. Anyway he was eating leftover firecrackers from where the other half, not the better half, was setting them off. Ummm I wonder what happens if the dog has gas now?????:bootysha:

I've heard that gun powder makes a dog mean. Don't know if it is true or not.

-
Back