So, what IS / ARE the best Mopar magazines?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I know things have changed. I haven't had a mag subscription (except amateur radio, QST) for years and years.

What is / are your favorite MOPAR based mags? Not interested in whatever remains of the "Hot Rod" empire...............

Consumer Reports...although Mopar Action does seem to bag on sponsers stuff occasionally. Magazines are so dated. I get popular science and have not opened one since I started receiving them as a gift 3 months ago, sad. I used to read them often.

mopar muscle is not bad .......I get mopar muscle thanks to a fabo member and I do like it.

I have to agree on the Mopar Collectors Guide, I signed up for a year subscription when I went to the Red Barn back in July.

They have some nice stories, and seem to be very selective in what they print.

I look forward to Mopar Action (subscription)

I randomly pick up Collectors guide. Usually too much "BRAG" in that magazine
Mopar muscle i pick up on occasion when i need something to read. Usually a lot of advertising in their articles and free parts on their builds to make things budget friendly and alot of modern muscle stuff
I have been getting Chrysler power when i see it on the shelves in my area (very rare) usually just a filler magazine

I have to say that Mopar Collectors guide due to they have articles and classifieds. No one else is like that.

Field and Stream, lol I have 30 years worth of various mopar mags in my den.
when I feel the need for a mopar read, I just grab an old one, usually mopar action.
Ebergs tech is the best.

Ol' Lady gave me scrips to Mopar Action and Mopar Collectors Guide last year for Xmas. Though I read them both I'd have to say I prefer Mopar Action for the better tech. But go figure Mopar Action is bi-monthly and more expensive then Collectors Guide which is published monthly and they give you a choice of a free Mopar shirt with each yearly subscription.

mopar collectors Guide - great mag plus you get to see them at the shows. real people that write the articles and photos

Does the collector's guide have much in the way of tech? The title would suggest otherwise?

Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle, and guess I need to look into MCG.

I'm still old school I guess, but it pisses me off that magazines are going away left and right these days. I've subscribed to Hot Rod, Car Craft and Popular Hot Rodding since the late 70's, and still have every issue. Great reference material and fun to look at and remember what was trending at a certain point in time. When PHR got killed off last month, they started sending me Motor Trend in its place. I could care less about new cars.

If I only got one it would be Mopar Collector Guide. Hemmings Muscle Machines covers all brands and is my favorite. I like the Pure Stock Drags and Fast Class coverage it gives.

My personal choices are as follows; first - Mopar Action, second - Mopar Collectors Guide and third - Mopar Muscle.

Rick Ehrenberg has a lot of great articles, he makes the mag for me. More than once I have sent him an email with obscure questions, and always had a reply back quickly that was spot on.

Does the collector's guide have much in the way of tech? The title would suggest otherwise?

Not really, it's more oriented to the muscle cars, race cars, rare cars, rare finds and how they are brought back to life. Bunch of classified ads every month.

Mopar Action, MCG, then Mopar Muscle.
Mopar Action has the best tech and articles, MCG has lots of good reading, and Mopar Muscle is mostly articles advertising their sponsors.

Mopar muscle blows and is like 30 bucks more than the rest and you get less mags
Mopar action and Mopar collectors guide are the only good ones

i can't be bothered with any of them anymore. they all turned to a showcase for their sponsors newest product.

theres really no tech in them that can't be found faster using google. most of the cars in them are reruns from other magazines too.. waste of money in my opinion..

True of everything, Joe. I don't get any mags anymore except for my amateur radio mag, and THAT keeps getting worse and worse.

Even though you guys seem to like the Collector's guide, it just doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.

Appreciate all the comments

I always plug Chrysler Power when I can. Roland and the bunch always plug our events and Kenny our regional rep hands it out at Chryslers in the Canyon. They cover cool stuff like 318 poly builds and early hemi stuff too!

-
Back