So which color wheels look best in your opinion?

Which color wheels?

• Satin Black

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
-
I like your style of wheel choices :D

Can't decide between the black or the grey, so I didn't vote. I think the chrome ones are too much bling if that makes sense...

If I remember right, you have a 73 big bolt pattern car ?
15"x7" factory Mopar steel wheels (powdercoated gloss black) chrome lugnuts.
235/60-15" T/A Radials.
Magnifico !!!!!!!! :)

Yep 73 BBP.
So old school back yard hot rod style, but clean also.

I like your style of wheel choices :D

Can't decide between the black or the grey, so I didn't vote. I think the chrome ones are too much bling if that makes sense...

Somebody I know has wheels pretty close to those in black and they look good.:D
The bling thing makes total sense, and I feel the same way about those. (on this car anyway)
Actually the car sits higher than I would like, but up here I have to run it high because of the sucky roads.
Those KYB gas shocks I got might help that a little but not that much I don't think.

Yep 73 BBP.
So old school back yard hot rod style, but clean also.

Yes Sir.
Heres a Dart I put together with the wheels/tires I mentioned.
15x7 Mopar steelies
235/60-15
I usually go with a BFG! but got a good deal on the Firestone.
Obviously its your car, but I always thought the wheels you have chosen are a little Chevy
for me. Just my 2cents. Im a steel wheel dog dish, or Rallye kind of guy. Cragers are a day 2 favorite.

IMG_20150727_181403505~2.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly not chrome. I'm leaning black (Good GAWD I don't believe I said that LMAO)

Yes Sir.
Heres a Dart I put together with the wheels/tires I mentioned.
15x7 Mopar steelies
235/60-15
I usually go with a BFG! but got a good deal on the Firestone.
Obviously its your car, but I always thought the wheels you have chosen are a little Chevy
for me. Just my 2cents. Im a steel wheel dog dish, or Rallye kind of guy. Cragers are a day 2 favorite.

My Roadrunner had the old school MT spokes with MT white lettered tires, and I liked those but they did have lots of aluminum around the lip.
These days and with this car I want it to lean a little more toward modern than that, not to mention the selection of tires is a lot better with something bigger than 15's.

The chrome on it now are ok, but they won't take a bigger wider tire obviously, and the backspacing isn't right for filling the wheel well in the back.
I got these mostly just to get rid of the stock 14" steel wheels and not spend a lot doing it.
Actually thought about painting the ones on it now satin black in the center just to see what it looked like.
I am one of those that can see something finished before I do it, so I already know what it would look like. (Cheesy) :D but it would give the black center look.

I would be pretty ok with this look, as far as the wheels go but a little bigger in the back.

gi_1_500_6.jpg

Last edited:
Actually thought about painting the ones on it now satin black in the center just to see what it looked like.
I am one of those that can see something finished before I do it, so I already know what it would look like. (Cheesy) :D but it would give the black center look.

There are a number of those "Plasti Dip" products out there now that would let you try several different colors - spray the wheels you have, drive it around a while to see how you like it, then peel it off and try a different color.

There are a number of those "Plasti Dip" products out there now that would let you try several different colors - spray the wheels you have, drive it around a while to see how you like it, then peel it off and try a different color.

Yep, considered it.

I don't think the black wheels go good with the white vinyl top. I would personally lean towards chrome since you also have chrome bumpers and mirror. The grey might be a good compromise color.

Like you, I'm a little older now, and remember with fondness my earliest cars...... which always came with steel wheels. But in those days I was a highschooler, with no money to buy the wheels of my dreams. Now that I do have a bit of money, steel wheels are not on my radar.
I am a fan of aluminum slot wheels. What I do is rough up the centers to scatter the light, and polish the outer ring for just a bit of bling, and install them without centercaps for a bit of tuff-guy attitude. Of course this makes them appear kindof gray. So I'm gonna go vote gray.

Well, since the tally is very close between black and the gray, two wheels should be black and two should be gray. Now, which two?

-
Back