Some people at Car shows

-
At a show I had someone ask me if my 63 dart vert was electric powered.

In his defense it is a really quiet running car especially when idling in drive.

My buddy has a 78 aspen and while getting out of the car at a auto parts store two teenagers said sweet nova, my buddy said thanks and the other kid said does it have a 350 in it, my buddy said, yup and we kept walking.

My buddy has a 78 aspen and while getting out of the car at a auto parts store two teenagers said sweet nova, my buddy said thanks and the other kid said does it have a 350 in it, my buddy said, yup and we kept walking.

lol, i been telling people im building a 350 for my belvedere (340 that the bores are 4.100") most people dont even bat an eye. But one guy got pissed and started to ***** me out until i told him.

I can name any mopar you throw at me, its ford/chevy I have trouble remembering.. So, I found...... instead of embarrassing myself and looking like a moron, I just keep shut if I think it's something I don't try to claim it's anything and if im not sure I ask. :)

This is my display tell me is it clear enough should i get a plaque the size of my hood or are folks just stupid,all the info they need is there they have to walk past it to ask me questions and the answers are on the plaque. I don't mind talking to any one answering questions ect. Had a guy tell me he had a 65 cuda with a 318 he bought brand new i stated that maybe he was mistaken they did not come with a 318 but low and behold he had the only one. The one in front of my car is my new one i place it in the same place every time the other one is my before i changed it thinking it was too busy.

Attachments

• cop shop cuda.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 218
  • show board 002.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 212
I can't park the 65 Barracuda without hearing "is that hemi?" from someone.

Usually it is some old man that swears they had hemi's in the early A body. "Drove one" "Owned two" etc. I gave up telling them any different.

Of course since it is a bored 318... I always tell them it is a "327". Had some odd looks. One alleged mopar fan who started to talk trash, so I picked up the hood and showed him - "see 327" He let out a string of profanity about a chebby in a mopar. Apparently ALL mopars have the distributor in the FRONT. I am such a douchenozzle for not knowing that. Oh well.

I had a guy last week tell me about his 340-6pk 74 Challenger....early build special order....oh ok, I remember

lou3500.......plz tell me you didn't spell barracuda wrong on your show board :eek:ops: :violent1: Nice Car BTW!!

I'll take a compliment from a naive person being nice over a jackass that feels the need to tell me what's "wrong" with my cars any day of the week.
Amen! Our cars dont look alike? lol You oughta try driving a Coronet. They dont even try to guess.

Looks exactly like the 2012 coronet concept car to me except the color is a little different. LOL!!! Nice car, by the way.

It's not a car show story but I gotta tell you guys this.
Four guys pull into a shop I worked at and said the car runs bad, and they think something is wrong with the trans.
I get in it and take it around the block but the shift linkage acted all whacked out, and sure enough it was slipping going around right hand corners and ran like ****.
I pop the hood and it took me a min to decide what I was seeing in this 70's dodge.
They said someone put the wrong motormount in it but they fixed it.
Get this,,,it was a slant 6 and they made a motormount out of junk steel that was almost a foot high and forced that 6 into a completely upright position.
The trans was at almost a 45 degree angle, and it ran like crap because the carb was tilted so badly.
They bent all the trans linkage to sorta work at that angle.
I told them to take it home and put that "wrong" motormount back in it.

WTF???

It's not a car show story but I gotta tell you guys this.
Four guys pull into a shop I worked at and said the car runs bad, and they think something is wrong with the trans.
I get in it and take it around the block but the shift linkage acted all whacked out, and sure enough it was slipping going around right hand corners and ran like ****.
I pop the hood and it took me a min to decide what I was seeing in this 70's dodge.
They said someone put the wrong motormount in it but they fixed it.
Get this,,,it was a slant 6 and they made a motormount out of junk steel that was almost a foot high and forced that 6 into a completely upright position.
The trans was at almost a 45 degree angle, and it ran like crap because the carb was tilted so badly.
They bent all the trans linkage to sorta work at that angle.
I told them to take it home and put that "wrong" motormount back in it.

WTF???

Now that's funny.

I'll take a compliment from a naive person being nice over a jackass that feels the need to tell me what's "wrong" with my cars any day of the week.

Right on! I agree, most people are appreciative and some show up just to impress you with how much they really do not know. If I get a self proclaimed expert I aske hime what 1970 440 Cuda' he owns......that shuts them up.

I feel bad for guys with hot rods with running boards when the little kids show up....I don't blame the kids they are excided and want to see. I do however wish to kick some parents in the ***.

That you should NEVER touch another persons hotrod unless you are invited.
I think it's rude and disrespectful.

Right on! I agree, most people are appreciative and some show up just to impress you with how much they really do not know. If I get a self proclaimed expert I aske hime what 1970 440 Cuda' he owns......that shuts them up.

I feel bad for guys with hot rods with running boards when the little kids show up....I don't blame the kids they are excided and want to see. I do however wish to kick some parents in the ***.

I had a guy last week tell me about his 340-6pk 74 Challenger....early build special order....oh ok, I remember

lou3500.......plz tell me you didn't spell barracuda wrong on your show board :eek:ops: :violent1: Nice Car BTW!!

Damn, well what do you expect from an ole redneck that was a graduate of pinellas county Florida school system,reckon i better fix that. Don't matter anyway nobody reads the damn thing. Thank's for pointing out my spellin disability.

A guy stopped at my house yesterday and asked me what I wanted for the nova on jack stands?I just laughed and said its not for sale.

Attachments

• 100_2648.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 144
I am going to take my 66 Barracuda sedan to a show I just herd about tonight.
lol, Tony!! 383 over head cam :D

I just got back from my fiends shop and herd about this :cheers: I wish I knew about it earlier today :banghead:
I guess I will get up early and give Victoria a bath and go take some pictures and share them here :hello2:

My 66 Barracuda sedan
:joker::D

Here's an Australian version of your car....not the engine though.

Attachments

• IMGP7426.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMGP7429.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 135
.....I had a guy kick my sidepipes while stating he didn't like them...I can deal with the brand confusion but I am getting tired of someone looking at you car and stating in a loud voice about any inperfections..most of us have other parts of our life to pay for like mortagages..

Have been asked if my 70 Dart was a Coronet before. Not as bad as the kid you asked if it was a Mustang.

.....I had a guy kick my sidepipes while stating he didn't like them...I can deal with the brand confusion but I am getting tired of someone looking at you car and stating in a loud voice about any inperfections..most of us have other parts of our life to pay for like mortagages..
He is lucky he didn't do that to me,I will punch any smuck that feels they have a right to actually kick or hit my cars.

LOL,

I get a lot of people that ask if my Duster is a Nova...

I was pitted at the track next to a guy who had a Nova and I have to admit I had to take a few looks at the thing to be sure it wasn't a Mopar.

At least a Fastback Fish doesn't look like a... well, what do they resemble?

-
Back