Someone please help me

-
What I’m really curious about now is… how did you get around all the factory electronics in this deal? Wasn’t this around the time when Ford started using the Gen module body computers to operate the gauges and power anything on their cars?

What I’m really curious about now is… how did you get around all the factory electronics in this deal? Wasn’t this around the time when Ford started using the Gen module body computers to operate the gauges and power anything on their cars?
well as you said everything is all connected..so that being said I just simply unplugged the harness and poped the engine in with its own equipment, no wiring no setup just combine the red with red on the terminal lmao

Yeah, it's the same as can bus, but you know Ford...gotta call it somethin else.

I think Ford calls it "can packets" or some such.

My 273 would stumble on acceleration till I removed a plug someone put into the hose for the vacuum advance.

Last edited:
I am for the advancement of vaccines as long as they are actually tested, proven and safe.....AND if they are not mandated.

3 pages and no pic of the OP's 318 mustang yet?????

Here yall go

20220103_120401.jpg

20220103_120339.jpg

20220103_120335.jpg

20220103_120332.jpg

20220103_120328.jpg

20220103_120322.jpg

20220103_120311.jpg

20220103_120250.jpg

20220103_120259.jpg

Just off the top of my head, your chrysler ECU needs to be solidly mounted to a ground. And one of us needs to send you a usable five pin connector and you need a four pin ballast resistor. Try grounding the ECU first, but I’m willing to bet it’s electrical issues at this point. Also, what did you set your static timing at?

Just off the top of my head, your chrysler ECU needs to be solidly mounted to a ground. And one of us needs to send you a usable five pin connector and you need a four pin ballast resistor. Try grounding the ECU first, but I’m willing to bet it’s electrical issues at this point. Also, what did you set your static timing at?
So timing I have no idea don't have a way to tell, just turned it to a good running position and ran w it,took off the Lil black cap on the carb on the side of the bowl..had no affect, but the stutter when I barely press the throttle is gone..keep in mind it's cold enough to snow so that may have some affect, now my biggest problem..I think is the transmission, it's screaming at like 5k and I'm going 20 I added fluid, helped a Lil but can't even spin the tires...on ice..I've played with fuel and put 93 in, little more response but it still acts like there's a traction control on the engine, you have to slowly build speed no full throttle. Idk if it's the transmission or engine at this point

318 in a Stang….. why didn’t I think of that?

You need to get a dial back timing light and mount the ignition box to the metal fire wall where it can be grounded and complete the circuit. The box MUST be grounded.

Anyone have a spare ignition wiring harness for the kid?

Agree the ECU (brain) must be grounded.

Timing can be set 'seat of the pants' by advancing until ping under load, then retard a hair.

Still like to see the whole car, clearly showing the engine.

I believe I’ve got a five pin harness plug. I only live 100 miles or so from you, but up here in Va at 2600 feet, yeah, we got snow! It’s supposed to be a little more liveable tomorrow so I’ll see what I can get together for you. So, you have the ChryCo alternator, do you have it on a Chrysler two pin regulator? I’m still amazed that you were able to get it in there and running, especially without the ECU case grounded.

-
Back