Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
WOWZERS!!!

Glad that you and the family are ok. Tough to see it right now, but count yer blessings. Time to clear out all tress within 150 feet of the shop. Replant a few saplings way back from the shop.

Let us know how we can help. Stay safe.

Wylde1.

Thank God you all are alright and the damage was as minor as it was. Hooray for insurance

So sorry my friend. That sucks.

I had some pretty stiff winds but nuthin' like that. My flagpole in the front yard
was leaning over about 15-20 degrees during the heavy winds.

You guys stay safe.

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate the shoulders more than you know. The insurance agent has been notified and should be here to check it out if his secretary can be believed ... he's no doubt got his hands full right now.

Billy's parents came over earlier to advise that 15 minutes after we left this morning about 1:45 (they didn't answer the phone so we went to check on them), they had a tree hit their house too. Just got back from getting a few pics for their agent.

View attachment IMG_3906.jpg

View attachment IMG_3909.jpg

View attachment IMG_3913.jpg

I appreciate all of you and wish I could concentrate on individual responses right now, but Kosmic, you hit the nail on the head. I DO know better -- I just didn't have time. One minute I was looking at the oven temp and the next thing I knew stuff was hitting the roof, and then 30 seconds later it seemed it was hailing and blowing big time and then WHAMMMMMMM there was the tree. I didn't even hear the sirens go off. Whether it was straight line winds or another friggin tornado like Katrina I don't know, but ......

Okay, the insurance guy's here. More later as I can. Thanks for being there for me guys. << hugs >>

We went through a protracted claim with Allstate insurance. The reason this happened was because from the time we filed our claim to the time that all of the claims in our area were filed, Allstate had received more than 500 claims. When this happened they moved it to what they referred to as "catastrophe team" that dispatched a separate team of adjusters to analyze everything and cut checks. The problem with this was, that we were here in Virginia and the "team" was in Florida. That's something you may have to contend with if the claims are numerous in your area.

Leanna my friend - happy to hear no one was hurt. As everyone else has said, that tree fell in the best possible place.

Soory about the building Leanna. Hope you can repair it soon. Could have been way worse.

Glad y'all are alright, that's a bigass tree lucky it didn't dead center the shop.. Being raised here in the backwoods of the App mountains that's the first thing I did here was cut all the trees down that might hit the house..

The insurance agent sent a guy here to check it out and tarp what he could, but there's really no way to tarp it with the tree where it is except by stringing one off an internal beam and slanting it towards the south floor. They're supposed to have some guys with chain saws here sometime this afternoon ......... VERY encouraging news compared to the 96 days we waited for an AIG adjuster to show up after Katrina. Way to go Auto Owners Insurance Company!!!

We moved the Astre out of the shop and onto the car trailer. It will probably be relocated this afternoon too.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts everyone. It's a relief to know people care in this day and age.

We went through a protracted claim with Allstate insurance. The reason this happened was because from the time we filed our claim to the time that all of the claims in our area were filed, Allstate had received more than 500 claims. When this happened they moved it to what they referred to as "catastrophe team" that dispatched a separate team of adjusters to analyze everything and cut checks. The problem with this was, that we were here in Virginia and the "team" was in Florida. That's something you may have to contend with if the claims are numerous in your area.

We had the same thing after the hurricane; State Farm covered the car and the check was immediate. It turned out the Disaster Team guy who signed the check was a prior friend from the Barracuda Owners Group in Ohio LOL -- talk about a small world! (Hi Harry K if you're reading this ;-))

Leanna my friend - happy to hear no one was hurt. As everyone else has said, that tree fell in the best possible place.

Don, I was working on YOUR STUFF. :-D I'm going to go finish the cure here in a few minutes after I get a bite to eat. It's been a rough morning guys and I'm shot.

I've never had a job interrupted quite like that before so hopefully the 13 minutes of heat, a slow cooling (when the power went off at 1:00) and a resumed cure cycle today won't adversely affect anything, but we'll see. Maybe the Powder Coating Gods will smile on me .......

Back later when I can. Thanks again gang! Love ya all muahhhhhhhhhhhh :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

Leanna...

So sorry to see you in mother natures path once again, but do count your blessings.
We got slammed here in the Tarheel State. I'm counting my blessings as one of the 60+ twisters that hit our state was just a mile down the road. Linda and I were on the road when the first front moved through. We were well within site of several funnel clouds and made a dash to get home. Just glad ya'll are safe. I'm sure the BOG will be following your thread as well.

This happened about 11.00 pm there I bet, Leanna!!!!!! Count your blessing
That sure could have took every thing, I am shocked it landed where it did
Mother nature pointed here fingers here last night, We seen the weather report and bugged out 12 miles away from home and sirens going off everywhere.
We was not in the house 15 minutes and a tornado was heading our way 3 miles away and You should have seen Treva, Buddy, Boogy and me in our safe room with the mattress ready candles and radio huddled in.
Mother nature must have pointed here bad finger at your place and you folks home, she can be testy, but I am sure you know that :sad7:
It was good to see your green light on also sistha.
Hang in there and remember to relax, have a chocolate milk.
Sooooo glade everyone is ok.

sss got to go.:sign6:

Wow!! Sad the tree came down as I'm sure it was a great source of shade in the summer, but glad it had good aim if it had to fall. You were very lucky it didn't drop directly on your shop.
Sure bet your memories of SoCal tremors don't seem quite so bad now.
Hang in there!

Boy you were lucky the tree landed where it did.
Glad everyone's alright.
Buildings can be replace lives can't.

take care!
norshor

i'm glad your all ok, must have been quite the experience! we don't get that kind of weather in eastern canada... at least not yet.

Wow, I know its been mentioned a few times, but yer lucky!! That is one big arsed tree!! Put quite a dimple in the steel beam. Glad you and yer other half are ok. Also good that insurance showed up as quick as they did!! That tree is gonna be a big job to get rid of it all. Take care and a relaxant!

Wow, I know its been mentioned a few times, but yer lucky!! That is one big arsed tree!! Put quite a dimple in the steel beam. Glad you and yer other half are ok. Also good that insurance showed up as quick as they did!! That tree is gonna be a big job to get rid of it all. Take care and a relaxant!

I wonder what the odds of that tree splitting the building and the trailer like it did. I guess it would be 50/50 lol

So glad you and yours are ok Leanna, I just spotted thi post. Seems Mother Nature or someone dear to you guided that tree down pretty darn good. It could have been so much worse. Glad you are ok sweetie.

Deb and I just saw the pics. We both kinda said wow at the same time. Glad you guys are ok. Ya'll need anything, shout.

Dang. Glad it wasn't any worse and no one was hurt.

-
Back