Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
Hey Leanna,

My good friend built a steel building on his property some years ago and it's "Really Strong".

It is made from thick steel, He put it up by himself.

I will take some pictures of it and post em'.

Not sure if this is the same company, but his building looks like this.

http://www.pioneersteel.com/types/econospan.php

Back when he was planning the build he called all the companies and found the best price.

I think one company makes the material, and a number of companies sell the kits.

I think this type is more tree proof.

Wow, did you capture big foot in the pic? :)

Hope the weather calms down for you there with no more big storms coming through.

Hey watch it me and Dad are stalking in NC. Why can't we be called Sasquatch??

The adjuster came by and declared the shop totaled and said it would be a policy limit payment. Hopefully it's enough for a new roof -- the skylights and new lake are getting a little old.

The rain hasn't stopped!!! Almost 31 inches so far this year ... and lots of it now in the basement on top of everything else (vac'd up over 100 gallons the last couple days).

Then got up this morning and the refrigerator had quit. Probably all the brown-outs and lightning strikes the last few days was just too much for it.

I'd say when it rains it pours, but if I see any more water I think I'm gonna turn into a fish.

Don't know about everyone else putting up with this rash of storms lately, but I for one am ready for a very long hot summer.

Crap hun, we just got a preview of summer. It's gonna be a cooker.

holy... (Bleep) Leanna... I just saw this...Sorry girl...Mother nature seems to follow you for sure...ugh...keep up the good attitude...she cant take that! You and Billy are in my thoughts...

Aloha! Mike

The adjuster came by and declared the shop totaled and said it would be a policy limit payment.

I don't like the sound of this. This sounds like they plan on paying the max payout of the policy and washing their hands. This may not be enough to get things all repaired or rebuilt, AND, if they consider it totalled, they may not have to honor any other claims in the future.

Most insurance companies do their best to pay the least. I would worry about their initial offering...

Not to add to your list of miseries, but 31" of rain combined with your wish for a long HOT summer kinda sounds like the recipe for the mosquito to be the new Tennessee state bird this summer and early fall.
Gotta be careful what you wish for!

I figured. Policy max on "out buildings" was what............$5,000.00?
If so, that's all they can pay. If you want more coverage up the limits on those things. It's not that much especially if it's your bread and butter.

I'm in Knoxville now, writing hail losses for the Hartford. It's a busy storm season.
Jim

It was more than that Jim, thankfully. But it's going to be more next time around. This was too close for comfort, and that fine line between rebuilding and being out of business altogether is just too thin for my liking.

Stop on by if you get close to the northwest corner of Tennessee. There's always a spot in the passenger seat and at the dinner table for you my friend! :-D

Not to add to your list of miseries, but 31" of rain combined with your wish for a long HOT summer kinda sounds like the recipe for the mosquito to be the new Tennessee state bird this summer and early fall.
Gotta be careful what you wish for!

Mosquitoes have never liked me Ken. :-D

As I sit here with my flannel shirt on. It's freakin May and it's only 43 degrees outside tonight. I'm definitely ready for some warmer weather.

As I sit here with my flannel shirt on. It's freakin May and it's only 43 degrees outside tonight. I'm definitely ready for some warmer weather.

95F today in north OC and they say the rest of the week is going to be the same. Sitting here tonight with all the sliding glass doors open and the fans on - listening to the crickets outside singing up a storm. Feels and sounds like summer.

So what's the plan? Repour the slab and fix the building or new bigger, badder foundation with a bigger, badder building on top?

Pics or it didn't happen.

LOL

Perv! :-D

So what's the plan? Repour the slab and fix the building or new bigger, badder foundation with a bigger, badder building on top?

Not quite sure what's going to happen now Rev. The storm adjuster was "about five days behind" on his paperwork (not bad considering the number of claims I'm sure he's dealing with), but the way he was talking the policy limit probably wouldn't be enough to do either.

Mosquitoes have never liked me Ken. :-D

You ain't in Louisiana any more :)

Not quite sure what's going to happen now Rev. The storm adjuster was "about five days behind" on his paperwork (not bad considering the number of claims I'm sure he's dealing with), but the way he was talking the policy limit probably wouldn't be enough to do either.

Wow. Sorry to hear about the crappy insurance deal. They're all crappy, aren't they?

It sounds like it might be time for a good ole FABO barn raising. 20,000 members @ $10 each would be a cool $200,000 for a new building and whatever else the insurance company doesn't cover. Whatever someone gives, they could get a giftcard in the same amount for some future powdercoating - give $10 and get $10 off the next job. I'd be in for that (although I'd donate alot more).

Hey smallblock, where you at boy? Get yer backhoe over to Leanna's place. We got work for you! :toothy10:

Let us know how we can help out.

Wylde1.

Great idea, Wylde1! This can happen. Who else is in? Need details!

-
Back