Speakers

-

240 gordy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the speaker sizes, front and rear, that came stock on the 69 Dart. I don't want to be cutting and hacking to install new ones. I would like some bolt in replacements and I want ones that will sound good with my new Retro sound radio,, Thanks

Can anyone tell me the speaker sizes, front and rear, that came stock on the 69 Dart. I don't want to be cutting and hacking to install new ones. I would like some bolt in replacements and I want ones that will sound good with my new Retro sound radio,, Thanks
Do you mean like BOOM chicka chicka BOOM chicka chicka LOL :poke:

You can use an old speaker to make an adapter for the center dash speaker. This will allow you to use a more readily available (cheaper) speaker in place of the oddball size of the original. Here are some pics.

20181124_154557.jpg

20181124_160130.jpg

20181124_223853.jpg

20181125_182009.jpg

IIRC, the rear decks are 6X9.
Wait on a ‘69 Dart owner.....

I went dual 3.5 upfront with an adapter bought on here and 6x9 rear with NO cutting.

Bruce

I went dual 3.5 upfront with an adapter bought on here and 6x9 rear with NO cutting.

Bruce

I did the same but added speakers in the kick panels. I bought an extra set here for $40 and added an angled trim ring from eBay. It angles the speaker more toward the passengers and allows you to run a deeper speaker with a bigger magnet. I also have a small JL sub box in the trunk and a BIG amp under my seat powering everything. ALL of it can be put back to stock in a couple of hours.

I used this speaker for the front 4x10 in my 67 dart. I have no speakers in the rear yet. Front one does what I need it too. I can hear it very well and sounds good. I had my factory 67 dart radio converted to am/fm with auxiliary hookup and 45 watts x 4 output with modern electronics, by randb conversions in Tennessee. I bought the speaker from him also. Jegs link was just easier to find and has plenty of info. Notice that on the bottom side of the speaker both left and right front wires will be connected to speaker.
RetroSound R-410UK: Deluxe Dash Replacement Speaker 4" x 10" Oval | JEGS

-
Back