Speedmaster sale. It started

-
I suppose they could aluminum weld it and polish it up? but you shouldnt have to pay for that if they are brand new.

Well if they refunded money to pay a machine shop to do it, it wouldnt be a big deal. I agree, i shouldnt pay out of pocket and already sent pictures asking how they would like to correct the mistake.

I’d be sending them back. Way to much going on in the combustion chamber to chance that. Kim

Yeah sending them back is an option, the problem is they are now out of stock and the lady on the phone doesn't know when they will get another shipment. Essentially I'd have to send the heads back, and have "store credit" until a new shipment arrives.

Holes in the intake are from the valve cover bolt holes.
Now the one in the chamber is of concern.

Pure garbage !

I agree, i understand when mass producing things or when busy stuff falls through the cracks, or maybe it was a bad batch. As long as a company is willing to make things right I am happy.

At least these parts look AMAZING!!! :steering: still have to wait on a couple other things before I can install them, so hopefully next week I'll have the leveling kit and wheel spacers.

received_138688068464614.jpeg

20211210_153124.jpg

Like others have said the ones in the intake runner are nothing. If it makes you feel better slip a touch of JB weld in it and smooth with your finger. Or easier yet use a stud in that hole for the valve cover and again if it makes you sleep better put a little silicon on the stud before screwing it in.

That’s a water hole by the one in the chamber so that would concern me. I would prob it with a small stiff wire or the tool shown. Then if it just a shallow divot (casting fault) I would probably grind it a little and weld and grind it flush. If it’s deep and I didn’t have a welder or know someone capable it would be on its way back.

That’s a water hole by the one in the chamber so that would concern me. I would prob it with a small stiff wire or the tool shown. Then if it just a shallow divot (casting fault) I would probably grind it a little and weld and grind it flush. If it’s deep and I didn’t have a welder or know someone capable it would be on its way back.

Ill check depth, its probably only a couple mm deep, Ive definitely seen and filled larger cavities in people teeth lol.

I dont have a welder or know any. My neighbor has a welder... if you saw the welds I did to install my console shifter youd probably tell me to take them and have a machinest do the work :rofl:

Best way?
Some polishing rolls I guess.
Taper down the guides too?

I just watched a video in which a porter flowed a head with those machining marks then polished the ports and flowed again . At some lifts it actually lost a cfm or 2.
Now the cumbustion chambers might be a different story .
I will find the video and post link .

The flaw in the chamber is roughly 2mm deep. The walls in the hole in the chamber is pretty sealed off, so probably caused from an air bubble in the material when it was being cast.

They are much more shiny than my X-heads.... I'm like a woman with shiny jewelry lol.

20211210_190303.jpg

20211210_190505.jpg

20211210_190127.jpg

20211210_190132.jpg

The flaw in the chamber is roughly 2mm deep. The walls in the hole in the chamber is pretty sealed off, so probably caused from an air bubble in the material when it was being cast.

They are much more shiny than my X-heads.... I'm like a woman with shiny jewelry lol.

View attachment 1715834332

View attachment 1715834334

View attachment 1715834335

View attachment 1715834336
I would have that hole welded closed..
Do like Pittsburgh said and JB some studs in the valve cover holes and run um like ya stole um.....

Send the one head back. By the time you weld it and finish the chamber it’s just not worth it. Or leave it alone and run it. I wouldn’t weld that with a 20 foot pole. The holes where the valve cover bolt breaks through is the same. Leave it alone. No need for JB weld or anything else.

I would tell them to order you a set and you will return the ones you got once your new set comes in. That's if you're not in a hurry. If/when you return those, mark them with a sharpie and date it lol.

View attachment 1715834332

View attachment 1715834334

View attachment 1715834335

View attachment 1715834336

I've talked to Speedmaster about the CNC heads because I asked about just buying the regular heads and maybe someday send in mine to be CNC'ed..
They said they send them in the pallet load at a time to a local shop to have them done... So not only would they have to get a whole another batch in but have them sent to a shop and wait for a whole batch to get cnc'd and then sent back to them and reboxed and ready to go...
What I do is know that their return policy is crap and their customer service is next to nothing in order accordingly and according to what value I'll get for my buck even if I have to do repairs or scrap the whole deal...
This last round I ordered a 20 circuit wiring kit a set of of spark plug wires a coil and distributor with electronic ignition and a mini starter all for $227..
If two out of the five work I'll break even if three or more work I'll be ahead of the game.. it's a risk but a calculated one. Honestly if the wiring kit works I'll be way ahead out of the gate and so far it's looking good...

I've talked to Speedmaster about the CNC heads because I asked about just buying the regular heads and maybe someday send in mine to be CNC'ed..
They said they send them in the pallet load at a time to a local shop to have them done... So not only would they have to get a whole another batch in but have them sent to a shop and wait for a whole batch to get cnc'd and then sent back to them and reboxed and ready to go...
What I do is know that their return policy is crap and their customer service is next to nothing in order accordingly and according to what value I'll get for my buck even if I have to do repairs or scrap the whole deal...
This last round I ordered a 20 circuit wiring kit a set of of spark plug wires a coil and distributor with electronic ignition and a mini starter all for $227..
If two out of the five work I'll break even if three or more work I'll be ahead of the game.. it's a risk but a calculated one. Honestly if the wiring kit works I'll be way ahead out of the gate and so far it's looking good...
Yep, you're buying cheap and not paying for any customer service, good warranty or a easy return policy.

A few weeks ago I called Holley about a 1904 750 Street demon.. they put me on a list for a factory refurbished.. I got the email a little over a week ago that they had one in and I paypaled it. That was $239 for the $403 at the time a week ago... I looked now and they're $423.. anyways I got it the other day and of course pulled it apart to set the float bowls and the inside still had solvent in it and some trash and metal shavings.. also the hardware kit was missing some nuts and bolts... I called them this morning on it and they are already sending me another new carburetor.. said send the old one back after I get the new one...
This is still the real world you get what you pay for...

I just watched a video in which a porter flowed a head with those machining marks then polished the ports and flowed again . At some lifts it actually lost a cfm or 2.
Now the cumbustion chambers might be a different story .
I will find the video and post link .
Saw that too.
I’m just going knock off the loose chunks around the guide.
and some smoothing to the chambers. Have no idea in the chamber volumes. Should probably check before any work.

Think the exposed unused spark plug threads be taken down?

Saw that too.
I’m just going knock off the loose chunks around the guide.
and some smoothing to the chambers. Have no idea in the chamber volumes. Should probably check before any work.

Think the exposed unused spark plug threads be taken down?

I would at least soften the edges.

Got a set of OOTB CNC SM heads on 75 Duster 360 used for bracket racing. Motor is fairly new with only 4 passes on it and yesterday it ran a new best 11.11 @ 117.50.

Wiring kit, plug wires, coil oh my! Truly playing with fire there huh? No concerns with any of that stuff melting down, taking the car and the garage out with it?? :rolleyes:
you know how their heads are considered junk and break so that wiring can’t be any better! You are insane:poke:

(tongue-in-cheek) :lol:

Wiring kit, plug wires, coil oh my! Truly playing with fire there huh? No concerns with any of that stuff melting down, taking the car and the garage out with it?? :rolleyes:
you know how their heads are considered junk and break so that wiring can’t be any better! You are insane:poke:

(tongue-in-cheek) :lol:
064d2aab30598e4618e61750e24d9223--national-lampoons-vacation-vacation-movie.jpg

The Pro Comp days I wouldn’t have touched a head and especially not electronics. Their reputation was way past pathetic thus the need to change their name to Speedmaster. The name change alone in my eyes shows an aggressive move towards changing their reputation and quality control. If you get a chance j par cane you post up some pictures of the wiring stuff you bought. I’ve added to an already crap wiring job in my black duster. The RacePak really contributes to the project but I would really like to pretty it up some. My son’s into about 700.00 into his rewire and it’s not done yet.

-
Back