Spread Bore On Offenhauser?

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a spread bore adapter that bolts directly to the slant 6 Offenhauser intake manifold? I've looked but cannot seem to find anything. I thought I'd ask before I start modding something.

I think the Offy intake has 4 small holes that line up with their adapter plate. that being said, that could be modified easy enough.
mine was cut out before I got it.

I think the Offy intake has 4 small holes that line up with their adapter plate. that being said, that could be modified easy enough.
mine was cut out before I got it.
It's the same bolt pattern as the early GM small 4 barrel carburetor. I'll modify what I have if I have to. I wanted a dedicated plate, that way I'd have one for square bore and one for spread bore. I may be able to make what I have work for both.

Mr Gasket ( Holley) # 1932 adapter should work l believe.
Nope. That won't bolt to the intake. It'll bolt to the adapter on the intake, but then the hood won't close. I need something that bolts directly to the intake.

RRR,
My Offy catalog shows #5270 as the 225/ 4 bbl intake, sq bore mounting carb pad. The Offy #5830 adapter adapts QJ to square bore, fully divided, not open.

Check out Moroso adapter there was a dyno test somewhere that showed s marked improvement in flow over others

Does anyone know of a spread bore adapter that bolts directly to the slant 6 Offenhauser intake manifold? I've looked but cannot seem to find anything. I thought I'd ask before I start modding something.
You running a 170 or a 198? Doing this just for fun?

:poke:Says the Member who's obviouosly not on RRR's "following You" list, lol!

Nope. That won't bolt to the intake. It'll bolt to the adapter on the intake, but then the hood won't close. I need something that bolts directly to the intake.
Would that be the same as the Clifford base pattern?

20211103_082212.jpg

These I purchased from another Rusty on .org, and were part of Bob Stepp's collection of parts. Appears to be a modded std spread-to-square 'dapter, needs a little professional "refinement" to line-up w/base screws, & a little work w/a spot-face/end mill to finish for some allen-head screws. Placed over other for reference.

Anyway RRR, if that's the same base pattern, You're welcome to this half finished cadapter for the postage. I sure ain't gonna use it....

RRR,
My Offy catalog shows #5270 as the 225/ 4 bbl intake, sq bore mounting carb pad. The Offy #5830 adapter adapts QJ to square bore, fully divided, not open.
That's the issue. I don't have room to keep stacking adapters.

These I purchased from another Rusty on .org, and were part of Bob Stepp's collection of parts. Appears to be a modded std spread-to-square 'dapter, needs a little professional "refinement" to line-up w/base screws, & a little work w/a spot-face/end mill to finish for some allen-head screws. Placed over other for reference.
Now that has possibilities.

-
Back