Spring Fling 34 April 23 & 24, 2022 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-
I’m thinking of showing my ‘74 PowerWagon on Saturday. However, I’d have to trailer it, I don’t want to drive it the 400 miles. LOL.

Trailered show car truck and trailer park against the back wall in the swap area. Head in at and angle.

Hellcat?

View attachment 1715880653

I never saw no Hellcat.

:lol:

I saw a Hellcat....in my rear view mirror. :rofl:

Myself and the Outlaw Dennis Harris are planning on being there.

JohnRace2 (Large).jpg

I am set up to be a vendor. Its my first year, and I am excited. Will be bringing a ton of stuff from Northern Utah. I am currently parting out two 67 Dart 2drs and a 73 Swinger, so let me know if there is anything that you are looking for that I can bring with.

I am set up to be a vendor. Its my first year, and I am excited. Will be bringing a ton of stuff from Northern Utah. I am currently parting out two 67 Dart 2drs and a 73 Swinger, so let me know if there is anything that you are looking for that I can bring with.

awesome ! So glad you can make it.

You gonna bring some road signs to fill that big 3 swap spot space too?

This show is shaping up to be the size of our 30th anniversary show in 2016. But with a bigger swap.

We will be parking swappers on the tight side. But no matter what, we will have a space for you swappers.

Last edited:
There’s some cool stuff I keep hearing coming…it just keeps building up…

Famous racers Paul Rossi and Bob Tarozzi the 68 Hemi A-body creator…

survivor so cal 340 duster for sale in swap

j-macs with really cool 2nd and 3rd gen Charger parts. And a big $5 pile of goodies

Even more common parts like person clearing out garage with 360 std bore short block under that sounded reasonably priced.

Those are just snippets.

And bigger than normal spots.. lots of 60’ (3 spots) sellers

You guys.. BRING YOUR CASH !
… if you don’t find something special you can always take your cash back home. But the deal you missed will be gone forever!

Last edited:
I just talked to Carriage Inn…

They opened up 10 rooms at the $139 rate until this Friday April 1, 2022

Carriage Inn
* Host Hotel Group Rate Name: "Chrysler Performance West Car Club" or "Car Club"
* Rate: $139.00 per night
* Free Parking
* 24hr Denny's on site

Get them while you can!

Special Spring Fling Display Tent

68 Hemi Super Stock Display Tent

A special display of original documentation, artifacts, and two as-delivered from Hurst Dart and Barracuda tributes.

Original Chrysler design engineer form the 68 Super Stock Bob Tarozzi will be in attendance too. Along with well noted racer Paul Rossi

F8E7B66C-350B-458C-84EC-62306329C8CC.jpeg

77311C9C-9FDC-4AF3-8537-DABB42FB8028.jpeg

38994280-DE57-4A6E-8A52-1F4E20BFB9F8.jpeg

6D34E78C-228C-4A15-8659-79BE7C867FA0.jpeg

1B7FBE94-2B98-42C2-AD44-CD65B1CF8AA6.jpeg

Last edited:
Announcement:

Spring Fling 34 Survivor Tent Display

We've put together a very special display of Hemi survivor cars for this years show. Here's you opportunity to see these cars in person. Most rarely get out in public. Some have never been seen at a national sized show like this.

• 70 Hemi Cuda 4spd, black - Wade O.
  • 71 Hemi Challenger 4spd -Mopars 5150
  • 69 Charger 500 - Mopars 5150
  • 68 Hemi Charger, 4spd red/white, same owner since Jan '69
  • 68 Hemi Coronet, blue/white -Original owner
  • 70 Hemi Challenger Vit-C

70 Hemi Cuda 4spd.jpg

71 Hemi Challenger 4spd.jpg

Charger 500 Pic 2.jpg

68 Hemi Charger RT 4spd.jpg

68 Hemi Coronet RT Auto.jpg

IMG_3545.JPG

Just this morning we beat our record for Swap Meet Pre Reg by 2 spots over the past 10 years! There's STILL 2 weeks until the show. * See post above about bringing cash for parts ;)

We are officially Record Setting!

Show cars are looking very strong too.

Trailered Show Cars: Lots of show cars are utilizing the Friday and Saturday night early trailer parking. That allows people to park the trailers and tow vehicles overnight. Or what most do, take there tow vehicles back the hotel. It's only $25 extra for both nights.

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

Last edited:
I always find neat parts for my A-bodies at Spring Fling.

Most FABO members on this thread have also. Some are pictured below with their parts scores:

IMG_2117.JPG

5EACB790-EA55-4646-8731-226496D64C19.jpeg

IMG_1673 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

FF21 Bought 2a.jpg

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

Last edited:
>> If anyone is a FABO member, please put up a FABO sign or something so we can place a face. I'm sure I walked by 10 members last year but never met them. Is that Nathan Nuttal (?) with the milk crate? Big old C body guy, part of B.O.G.? Im gonna make a "FABO member" sticker for my black Barracuda T-shirt Ill be wearing. Not like this one....:p
h_900%2Cc_crop%2Cx_0%2Cy_0%2Fw_1100%2Ch_620%2Cc_fit%2Fv1412865557%2F14-svyle-19460454369de24ec2b.jpg

>> If anyone is a FABO member, please put up a FABO sign or something so we can place a face. I'm sure I walked by 10 members last year but never met them. Is that Nathan Nuttal (?) with the milk crate? Big old C body guy, part of B.O.G.? Im gonna make a "FABO member" sticker for my black Barracuda T-shirt Ill be wearing.
I'll be there with a BOG (Barracuda Owners Group) shirt on. I'm going to try and spend more time at my car, should be parked with Max with his twin copper fastback.

Alan

>> If anyone is a FABO member, please put up a FABO sign or something so we can place a face. I'm sure I walked by 10 members last year but never met them. Is that Nathan Nuttal (?) with the milk crate? Big old C body guy, part of B.O.G.? Im gonna make a "FABO member" sticker for my black Barracuda T-shirt Ill be wearing. Not like this one....:p
View attachment 1715906944

yes, that is Nathan. Here's the same crate last year at Fall Fling.

Here's Nathan's parts hauler from last Fall Fling. New 15x7 magnums, BB trans, and forgot all the other stuff.

IMG_3571.JPG

View attachment 1715907028

744648D4-343F-4595-B109-AAAFE93BD137.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah this is rad! This thread is getting me pumped. Not driving the Swinger, but will absoluuuuutely be checking things out all day and crossing my fingers for some good finds :)

What sponsors/vendors will be there aside from the used swap vendors?

Classic Industries | Restoration Parts | Mopar Parts | Camaro Parts | Firebird Parts | Nova Parts | Impala Parts | Chevy C10 Parts | Tri-Five Chevy Parts
Ah this is rad! This thread is getting me pumped. Not driving the Swinger, but will absoluuuuutely be checking things out all day and crossing my fingers for some good finds :)

What sponsors/vendors will be there aside from the used swap vendors?

Pre Order with these vendors to save shipping:

Midway Vendors:

Classic Industries full line of restoration parts
Glendora Mopar Performance: Sells: Mopar Performance, Edelbrock, Milodon, Aeromotive, Superformance (gaskets), TTI, and Powermaster. Call Matt Deane in Parts Dept. (888) 379-1925 to pre order
Milodon: Oil pans, water pumps, oil pumps, engine hardware,
Edelbrock: Heads, Intakes, Carbs, EFI, etc

Schumacher Creative Services: Engine Swap kits, Headers, torque straps,
The Mopar Shop: Full line of Mopar restoration parts.
Glen Ray Radiator: restoration radiators. Call to save shipping. Coming from Wisconsin
McKellers Modified Rides -Drivetrain parts, brake conversions, trailer/towing/cargo hardware
The Bumper Depot bumper rechroming and straightening

-
Back