Spring Fling 34 April 23 & 24, 2022 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-
Big willow can be a daunting track. For drivers considering, go and have fun but drive within your abilities and do not try to find the limit of your car on that track. Hey @autoxcuda is Thursday open to all vehicles or just classics?

its open to others. new Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, etc.

Even others brands that Mopar owners have. Contact Tim Herren direct: tim@alltimearacing.com
www.alltimeracing.com

Screening out potential situations, immaturity, crowding, etc

Last edited:
Big willow can be a daunting track. For drivers considering, go and have fun but drive within your abilities and do not try to find the limit of your car on that track. Hey @autoxcuda is Thursday open to all vehicles or just classics?

I know one guy who has run his Hellcat...

If I get my transmission repaired I’ll be there. Was planning to go to the MATS but don’t see me making it. So I have a little more time to get my lazy butt in the garage and pull the transmission. Hope to see you guys there.

its open to others. new Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, etc.

Even others brands that Mopar owners have. Contact Tim Herren direct: tim@alltimearacing.com
www.alltimeracing.com

Screening out potential situations, immaturity, crowding, etc
In 2015, the wife and I drove THIS car....

Challenger 3-14 244.JPG

When I drove it on the track it only had 1700 miles on it!

Transmission fixed. Now to check convince the wife to go. We have have to go to Boston the week after. Not sure if she’ll go for it. It’s our 30th Anniversary so I told her we should make both of us happy and go to both.

I’ll have my son post my funeral details.

Transmission fixed. Now to check convince the wife to go. We have have to go to Boston the week after. Not sure if she’ll go for it. It’s our 30th Anniversary so I told her we should make both of us happy and go to both.

I’ll have my son post my funeral details.

Our 40th anniversary is the following weekend. The determining factor for me is how much driving I want to do. We're thinking about going up to the northern California coast for our anniversary. I'm retired so there's no problem getting time off. Just not sure how many nights we want to spend in motels over such a short period of time.

Hellcat?

View attachment 1715880653

I never saw no Hellcat.

:lol:

Yeah, last time we went to one of Tim's track days there was a guy there with a turbo Porsche (I forget the year). He told us he had been flying on Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd. We had also taken that road and it may be the best in the entire state. At 80 in our old 2004 BMW 330Ci convertible it felt like going 50. He was doing triple digits and then some...

Throwback Thursday !!!
Spring Fling 34, April 23 & 24, 2022
Same Woodley Park as in video.

BTW the Joe Dirt car was just rented for the movie. Local friend owned it and was in process of making it into a Purple Daytona 440 clone.

BTW the Joe Dirt car was just rented for the movie. Local friend owned it and was in process of making it into a Purple Daytona 440 clone.
That was over 20 years ago. Dang time flys. Where is that car now? Did he finish it?

if the border is still open, i'm coming. 24hr drive for me. (one way) going to do fling on saturday and pomona swap meet sunday.
Count the Mopar vendors at Pomona.....zilch. Good luck on non mopar stuff, carbs etc.

That was over 20 years ago. Dang time flys. Where is that car now? Did he finish it?

he sold it exactly like it was left in the movie.

but if you open the hood it looks stock with fresh (then) purple paint.

Its been passed to a couple collectors I believe since. Left just the same as in movie.

I think out east.

Count the Mopar vendors at Pomona.....zilch. Good luck on non mopar stuff, carbs etc.

i have since rethought that plan. i dont need socks, underwear or garage sale stuff so ill steer clear of there and do the fling. much better plan

Gearing up for the trip. Got new Cooper Cobra's all around. Had the rear fender lip rolled and went up one size to 255/60-15s. Steelies were powder coated satin black. Ordered a headlight relay harness from Crackback, should be here in a couple days; and a pair of halogen headlights. Installing new brake pads this weekend, then an oil change and she should be good to go.

IMG_20220312_105444.jpg

IMG_20220312_105512.jpg

The registrations are ramping up.

seeing lots of swappers. Most with 2 spaces. Even a few with 4 spaces.

Spring Fling 34 April 23 & 24, 2022

All Mopar show and swap,

At Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Info:
www.cpwclub.com

Click here for Show Flyer:

Online registration and payment on website

Shop for parts, works in progress welcome, bring out your Mopar: garage queen, daily driver, show car.

500+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, Fri: Mopar Malibu Cruise, Sat: Mopar Cruise-In, Thurs: Track day at Willow Springs

D556D166-0D90-4C2E-A100-CAC4EF9DA251.jpeg

Where do they park the trucks in the show? Along the back wall, furthest from the road?

Where do they park the trucks in the show? Along the back wall, furthest from the road?

You mean trucks with trailer that bring show cars?

Or Trucks in the show car class Sunday? Show vehicles on Saturday have open parking.

You mean trucks with trailer that bring show cars?

Or Trucks in the show car class Sunday? Show vehicles on Saturday have open parking.
I’m thinking of showing my ‘74 PowerWagon on Saturday. However, I’d have to trailer it, I don’t want to drive it the 400 miles. LOL.

-
Back