Spring Fling 35 Apr 15 & 16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-
what an amazing story. hope to see you there man! i'll be in the swap, if you find me i'll buy ya cold sarsaparilla and break your balls about not driving that thing down!

very touching. i'm sure your dad would be happy knowing that you are enjoying it. owning a 71 340 demon as well maybe that will give me some motivation to finish mine.

Wow the story got more emotional and better. Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

Pre registered and semi ready. See if I can get the duster ready too. Gonna take over with ratty A bodies this year.

CEDE6D63-652A-4DAA-913B-C8E854AA4C80.jpeg

Awesome !!

Your brother registered too, right? Or was that another Chris?

I’m Chris, he’s Shane, I believe he registered his barracuda the other day also. There should be one or two more of us registering their cars soon.

Please check out this great Spring Fling show article from the official Dodge Garage website!

Lots of old pictures down memory lane too!

Please "like" the article to show support of West Coast events. Comments are even better. It really helps the show.

Dodge Garage | News

1680803790495.png

I’ll be there swapping on Saturday and come back Sunday for show.

Awesome see you there.

Park looked GREAT today. No mud, grass was green and cut.

Look forward to seeing everyone next weekend

IMG_3702.jpeg

IMG_3706.jpeg

Any vendors on this thread that will be attending the Fling be selling hardware? Particularly exhaust manifold hardware? Didn’t know if this what the right place to ask. I was gonna order some but thought supporting our vendors was better .

Any vendors on this thread that will be attending the Fling be selling hardware? Particularly exhaust manifold hardware? Didn’t know if this what the right place to ask. I was gonna order some but thought supporting our vendors was better .
There is a vendor that is normally there that has this sort of stuff.

Alan

Mopar Ed (6th row from west), Parts by Rod, Nitewing (1st row from west) should have them

IMG_3743.jpeg

It would be nice if TTI would actually bring stuff to sell instead of just having displays.

Spring Fling 35 Malibu Cruise Route:

Friday 9:00 am at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Start

Turn left onto Woodley Avenue and continue to Burbank Boulevard
Get into the right left turn lane and turn left onto Burbank Boulevard
Turn into the far right lane and continue to the entrance ramp for the 405 freeway
Turn right onto the 405 freeway and stay in the far right lane
Merge onto the 101 freeway and move over at least one lane to the left
Continue on the 101 freeway, exit at Valley Circle Blvd and get into the far left turn lane
Turn left onto Valley Circle Blvd and continue onto Mulholland Drive
Continue on Mulholland Drive and turn right on Valmar Road
Continue on Valmar Road until it turns into Old Topanga Canyon Road
We will be pulling over (space permitted) to let everyone catch up

Turn right onto Mulholland Hwy and continue to Stunt Road
Turn left onto Stunt Road and continue to the Topanga Lookout Trailhead at the top
We will stop here for a small break (space permitted)

Continue to the right on Schueren Road and continue to Piuma Road
Turn right onto Piuma Road and continue down to Las Virgenes Road (***STEEP*** use low gears)
Continue on Las Virgenes Road to Mulholland Hwy and turn left onto Mulholland Hwy
We will be stopping on right to catch up

Continue on Mulholland Highway to The Rock Store
Turn left into the parking lot for The Rock Store
We will be taking a break to take pictures

Turn right out of the lot and continue to Sierra Creek Road
Turn left onto Sierra Creek Road and continue to Kanan Road
Turn left onto Kanan Road and continue to Mulholland Highway
******AT THE SIGNAL LIGHT TURN RIGHT ONTO MULHOLLAND HIGHWAY******
We will be pulling over on the right to take pictures

Continue on Mulholland Highway and veer to the left onto Encinal Canyon Road
Continue on Encinal Canyon Road and turn left to stay on Encinal Canyon Road
Continue on Encinal Canyon Road to Pacific Coast Highway
Turn Left onto Pacific Coast Highway, continue on Pacific Coast Highway
We will be pulling off and parking in the dirt shoulder to take pictures...

End

Many will travel on to Duke's Restaurant for lunch. With oceanfront seating.

Park is in great shape! Probably best in 20 years.

Lots of green. Not muddy at all.

IMG_3939.jpeg

IMG_3936.jpeg

IMG_3933.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

This is the second year in a row people ask if our cars are here to be sold. Tell em no then get the “oh I get the ratty look I guess”

Swap seemed a little light with lots of holes in the rows. As for the condition, it LOOKED good, but lots of holes and ruts. Donna got stuck in her Jazzy several times and the uneven terrain made for a harsh ride. Every park may be the same way, though. BUT, as usual, had a good time and saw friends, including a young man I've known about 40 years (he's probably not quite 50).

-
Back