Fall Fling 25 Oct 23, 2021 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

-
That was a fun event and your video was great! My orange GTS conv "crawled out of the woodwork" to make it in the video. It's missing the lower windshield molding and was curious if anyone had one. I'll also post a wanted ad for it. Met some great folks there.

The lower building is not stainless it’s a special 67-69 A-body plastic chrome strip.

Read here:
1969 Dart Convertible Windshield lower trim

68 Dart convertible windshield trim

E789F93C-A061-4E8E-AA5F-D47DA11D548F.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! I've must have owned seven or eight 67 - 69 darts (2 convs) and never new that or had a reason to, I guess. The original windshield was destroyed in transit from mich to ca in 81 and the repair shop must have destroyed the plastic one. I didn't think much about it then. I was just excited to get a free new windshield! Thanks for the great links/info. I have to think on this one...

Not sure what molding was used on the 69 GTS parked next to you

1C1C60FD-68DA-4165-BE31-EF059B180B96.jpeg

67C465A9-BEA3-40CB-A90B-A5A9002BB2D8.jpeg

I have been told that you can just install the hardtop seal and trim, I know people have worked hardtop trim into the bottom of the verts.

Alan

That was a fun event and your video was great! My orange GTS conv "crawled out of the woodwork" to make it in the video. It's missing the lower windshield molding and was curious if anyone had one. I'll also post a wanted ad for it. Met some great folks there.

It was good talking to you. I'm the one with another GTS convertible and my wife was in her Jazzy scooter. The lower "trim" really isn't trim. It's a mylar covered lock strip. You cannot salvage a used one, but they are available new. The side stainless has to come off to get it on correctly.

Spring Fling all Mopar show this Sat & Sun April 23 & 24 2022 at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA. 500+ Mopars, 175+ swap, manuf. midway, Mopars for sale.

Found this cool video on the Fall Fling swap. Cool perspective

Just booked 4 nights at the Best Western Carriage Inn for Spring Fling. Going down Thursday from Sac area. Haven't decided yet whether going to track day or not.

Just booked 4 nights at the Best Western Carriage Inn for Spring Fling. Going down Thursday from Sac area. Haven't decided yet whether going to track day or not.

awesome ! Thank you!

website is updated with online registration now.

www.cpwclub.com

I’ll create a “Roll Call” post soon.

Last edited:
Update on my GTS conv lower windshield molding. Found a stainless at the spring fling swap meet, trimmed an inch off each end, excessively polished it and installed it with plenty of butyl. Worked out great and much cheaper than $275.00 for the acrylic version. Thanks for everyone's input.

Update on my GTS conv lower windshield molding. Found a stainless at the spring fling swap meet, trimmed an inch off each end, excessively polished it and installed it with plenty of butyl. Worked out great and much cheaper than $275.00 for the acrylic version. Thanks for everyone's input.

Thanks for feed back.

Glad you found the part you were looking for.

-
Back