SS Barracuda front Bumper

-
And in 68 I was working on all these cars everyday. It was my job and passion!

You really pissed me off. Are you an official card carrying asshole or just a wanta be on that too. I've got the card.

Funny, I remember a certain arrogant comment from an arrogant clone owner and I quote "no one knows more about hemi cars than me" lmao. Arrogant clown showing colors here AGAIN.

You really pissed me off. Are you an official card carrying asshole or just a wanta be on that too. I've got the card.
Yes I´m a wannabe. This is what is happening when people who have the answers dont respond.
Yes in this care you did but you had to add that "so many expert thing" I did not like that.
I don´t know how many questions I have asked on this forum and other, and very very rearly, I get any respond.
And ofcause you get pissed when people dare to question thing.
And yes, ofcause you know about the white marking on MC... you just didn´t want to comferm it when I brought it up in a thread sep 25 2020
And btw, some 150 SS cars is a better number. But you know that i´m sure...
And for the rest of you who is taking the chans to threw some ****. I can take that.

Funny, I remember a certain arrogant comment from an arrogant clone owner and I quote "no one knows more about hemi cars than me" lmao. Arrogant clown showing colors here AGAIN.
Can you post a copy of that post?
"no one knows more about hemi cars than me"
I sertanly don´t remember having said that. Thats not like me...

I'm not going to search thru years of replies. I apologize if it wasnt you. This thread reminded me of that comment, whomever made it.
Can you post a copy of that post?
"no one knows more about hemi cars than me"
I sertanly don´t remember having said that. Thats not like me...

I'm not going to search thru years of replies. I apologize if it wasnt you. This thread reminded me of that comment, whomever made it.
Thats ok. I understand. You had nothing to do and felt like throwing some kit on that dumb Swede, who dared to stand up when called out...

Yes I´m a wannabe. This is what is happening when people who have the answers dont respond.
Yes in this care you did but you had to add that "so many expert thing" I did not like that.
I don´t know how many questions I have asked on this forum and other, and very very rearly, I get any respond.
And ofcause you get pissed when people dare to question thing.
And yes, ofcause you know about the white marking on MC... you just didn´t want to comferm it when I brought it up in a thread sep 25 2020
And btw, some 150 SS cars is a better number. But you know that i´m sure...
And for the rest of you who is taking the chans to threw some ****. I can take that.
I didn't see your post asking about the white mark. I don't live on here. Somehow I'll bet I had a lot going on in 9/20 as everyone else did. But I was just trying to help about the bumper bolts and admitted I was not 100% sure and I would look at some old photos. And when someone asks a question on this site I always try to answer if I have an answer. And I'll say it again sooooo many Mopar experts out there. Soooooo many people say anything because they want to make free $$$$$. I've seen Sooooo many fraudulent cars out there and sooooo many frauds. You HAD a good source of info out here but no more. But I do wish you luck with your project. If anyone else wants some info that I may possess, please just pm me. Again, I'm not an expert.

Whatever, your arrogance is showing now lol. And I never referred to you as the "dumb swede". I'm swedish also, so now you can twist that around back on me if you like. LO stated he was there right on the line and yet you dont believe him?
Thats ok. I understand. You had nothing to do and felt like throwing some kit on that dumb Swede, who dared to stand up when called out...

Whatever, your arrogance is showing now lol. And I never referred to you as the "dumb swede". I'm swedish also, so now you can twist that around back on me if you like. LO stated he was there right on the line and yet you dont believe him?
You said: "LO stated he was there right on the line and yet you don´t believe him"?
Why the question mark? Well, just because you are sooo Social Media.
Throwing out **** not being able to back it up.
I never said anything about not believing what he (LO) said.
But I think I have a good picture of you now.
You go on. At least you ad to the number of posts you have...
I quit this tread here now.

SSing…..you and I have been down this road many times and you don’t believe what anybody else says but your own words. These cars are not a production line car….they don’t have the repeatability like a production line car. Folding seats, altered wheel wells, seat brackets, you think think somebody on here has the answers but they refuse to share them…the simple truth is nobody has all answers. I have all of Bob Tarozzi‘s personal notes and I don’t even have all the answers. You need to relax!!

I'm sooo social media lol. Yep you've got me figgered out.:icon_fU: Lmao, you arrange is stifling, even from all the way across the pond. :thumbsup:

You said: "LO stated he was there right on the line and yet you don´t believe him"?
Why the question mark? Well, just because you are sooo Social Media.
Throwing out **** not being able to back it up.
I never said anything about not believing what he (LO) said.
But I think I have a good picture of you now.
You go on. At least you ad to the number of posts you have...
I quit this tread here now.

SSing…..you and I have been down this road many times and you don’t believe what anybody else says but your own words. These cars are not a production line car….they don’t have the repeatability like a production line car. Folding seats, altered wheel wells, seat brackets, you think think somebody on here has the answers but they refuse to share them…the simple truth is nobody has all answers. I have all of Bob Tarozzi‘s personal notes and I don’t even have all the answers. You need to relax!!
Yes, I´ll relax. Just watch me.
And yes, one more thing before I leave. Did you post the picture you have, of Dick Landy´s, showing seat back rest was folded?
If not, do it in the thread where I claim, seats were A-100 pick-up seats you could fold, not A-100 fixed Van seats...
And of cause there may have been one with the Van seat... may have...
And I don´t believe what you say... I depends what it is. You cant make generalizations like that. I have learnt alot from You and from this forum.
But most of all I believe in the pictures from ´68-´69 that I have.
Finally about the inconsistency. In my opiniom exaggrated.
Take engine compartment. How many did not have Hollies, Cross ram, wrinkel valve covers. The big oil cap. Blue coil. Alternator with big pullys. 7 blade alu fan and the 070 fan clutch. Alu water pump BB radiator. Two speed whiper. Heater delete block off plate. Oil deep Stick. Master Cylinder Assembley and offset plate.
So how many of the 150 cars had varations here?
We know about a blue water bump yes. Three speed wiper motor? a few maybe?
Spark plug separators? maybe a few differences.
I seen at least two different K-Members, Yes True!!
Could be a few had Fender Tag not painted!!!
Not all had a antifreeze Sticker??? I dont know

Inside:
Radia delete plate?? Did someone come without it?
Different Shifter?? Auto or 4-speed? Don´t think so...
Seats? Yes could be Bostrom had to deliver a few Van seats.
Crome horn ring? Never seen one. Possibly.
Back seat? Dont think so...
Sun visire? Was probbabley in "car" when i came to Hurst...
Floor mats and mats in back?

Outside:
No Mirror delete?
No Wipers?
No Bumpers? Or not light weigt up front??
Even more goofy wheels.
Yes one had smal BP up front.
A few had side markers up front. May have been the first fenders were made that way? That is what I think.
Doors and side glass?? Yes side glass was no good.
Did one not have window regulation straps?? No never heard anything like that.

Trunk:
No Battery? Plate or plastic tray?
Jack stand instruction? Not all maybe.
Alu sheet metal piece for under scoop missing?
A bar or two holding scoop missing??

Under:
Brake lines? Could they have been run any different? Or fuel line???
Rear axle other tan Dana 60 and 8 3/4?
Super Stock springs and offset brackets?
Imperial shocks???
Torque boxes in back? think so. Think this is one of the reasons car was chosen. Or at least one of...
Front suspension?? Guess all the parts had to be there. 6 cyl. Tourqe shafts was one of the parts that had been color markt, so yes...

Yes engine was not always good. And Headers maybe not bolted up on a few.

Not going to mension wheel wells. Of cause variations.

150 cars. We are talking 150 cars
Make you pic!!
Yes a thing here and a part there.
A missing part here and one a little different there.
But again, we are talking 150 cars.
So all together. 10-15-20-30 had a thing or two that differed??

Take you pic every one.
Tell us what you know about this. Don´t just say they more or less all were different...
The thing that bacically not two cars were alike??? I don´t buy that.
I think its a way to making these cars even more special than they were.
But don´t get me wrong. Of cause they are very very very special...

Now I´m going to relax from this Forum.
Maybe post a pic of my car when its ready.
Still pissed though, no one could tell, they came with a´67 rear axle.
Sitting with a ´68 unit now but it will have to do for the moment.
Less than 3/8 on each side if I remember...

So, anyhow, back on topic... I just had a thought (don't worry, I'm OK). Mind you, I have no idea in regards to what was done and won't assert anything a'tall, but:

If the outer bumper brackets were deleted, who's to say they didn't put a short bumper bolt in the hole to give it a finished look? That's exactly what I did when I was 17 after pulling the buck teeth off my '73 Challenger (front bumper guards). The holes looked terrible and it was an easy solution. I don't think looking for the presence of face bar bolts would be conclusive.

It's a shame I still have the 8 3/4 housing from my original dart. But now you will never know unless you have lots and lots of hundred dollar bills you have no need for. And just because it's you double that. ps This is not a for sale deal. And as far as 340 goes do you really thing they made special bumper bolts. Must be a yuper.

Here is a fun fact for you all about bumpers. The bumpers were stamped on the same press as the regular bumpers but they laid down two sheet of metal when stamped then they pulled out the inner sheet and that left them with a thinner bumper ( and lighter ) than a stock bumper.
Bumper bolts…I’ll look in the paperwork I have and see if there are two different part numbers for bumper bolts.
I have seen many times where someone will spec out a different bolt is needed in a build and many times the vender will have that bolt in stock because they use it on a different model or brand. For example the k member bolts on these cars are 1/2” longer than a stock bolt. The vender had them or made them for this project.

Here is a fun fact for you all about bumpers. The bumpers were stamped on the same press as the regular bumpers but they laid down two sheet of metal when stamped then they pulled out the inner sheet and that left them with a thinner bumper ( and lighter ) than a stock bumper.
Bumper bolts…I’ll look in the paperwork I have and see if there are two different part numbers for bumper bolts.
I have seen many times where someone will spec out a different bolt is needed in a build and many times the vender will have that bolt in stock because they use it on a different model or brand. For example the k member bolts on these cars are 1/2” longer than a stock bolt. The vender had them or made them for this project.
Longer K frame bolts, I thought that was a secret. Good grief you're going to let people in other countries find out.

Yes, I´ll relax. Just watch me.
And yes, one more thing before I leave. Did you post the picture you have, of Dick Landy´s, showing seat back rest was folded?
If not, do it in the thread where I claim, seats were A-100 pick-up seats you could fold, not A-100 fixed Van seats...
And of cause there may have been one with the Van seat... may have...
And I don´t believe what you say... I depends what it is. You cant make generalizations like that. I have learnt alot from You and from this forum.
But most of all I believe in the pictures from ´68-´69 that I have.
Finally about the inconsistency. In my opiniom exaggrated.
Take engine compartment. How many did not have Hollies, Cross ram, wrinkel valve covers. The big oil cap. Blue coil. Alternator with big pullys. 7 blade alu fan and the 070 fan clutch. Alu water pump BB radiator. Two speed whiper. Heater delete block off plate. Oil deep Stick. Master Cylinder Assembley and offset plate.
So how many of the 150 cars had varations here?
We know about a blue water bump yes. Three speed wiper motor? a few maybe?
Spark plug separators? maybe a few differences.
I seen at least two different K-Members, Yes True!!
Could be a few had Fender Tag not painted!!!
Not all had a antifreeze Sticker??? I dont know

Inside:
Radia delete plate?? Did someone come without it?
Different Shifter?? Auto or 4-speed? Don´t think so...
Seats? Yes could be Bostrom had to deliver a few Van seats.
Crome horn ring? Never seen one. Possibly.
Back seat? Dont think so...
Sun visire? Was probbabley in "car" when i came to Hurst...
Floor mats and mats in back?

Outside:
No Mirror delete?
No Wipers?
No Bumpers? Or not light weigt up front??
Even more goofy wheels.
Yes one had smal BP up front.
A few had side markers up front. May have been the first fenders were made that way? That is what I think.
Doors and side glass?? Yes side glass was no good.
Did one not have window regulation straps?? No never heard anything like that.

Trunk:
No Battery? Plate or plastic tray?
Jack stand instruction? Not all maybe.
Alu sheet metal piece for under scoop missing?
A bar or two holding scoop missing??

Under:
Brake lines? Could they have been run any different? Or fuel line???
Rear axle other tan Dana 60 and 8 3/4?
Super Stock springs and offset brackets?
Imperial shocks???
Torque boxes in back? think so. Think this is one of the reasons car was chosen. Or at least one of...
Front suspension?? Guess all the parts had to be there. 6 cyl. Tourqe shafts was one of the parts that had been color markt, so yes...

Yes engine was not always good. And Headers maybe not bolted up on a few.

Not going to mension wheel wells. Of cause variations.

150 cars. We are talking 150 cars
Make you pic!!
Yes a thing here and a part there.
A missing part here and one a little different there.
But again, we are talking 150 cars.
So all together. 10-15-20-30 had a thing or two that differed??

Take you pic every one.
Tell us what you know about this. Don´t just say they more or less all were different...
The thing that bacically not two cars were alike??? I don´t buy that.
I think its a way to making these cars even more special than they were.
But don´t get me wrong. Of cause they are very very very special...

Now I´m going to relax from this Forum.
Maybe post a pic of my car when its ready.
Still pissed though, no one could tell, they came with a´67 rear axle.
Sitting with a ´68 unit now but it will have to do for the moment.
Less than 3/8 on each side if I remember...
The things I’m referring to when I say cars were different are items like steering wheels, door panels, folding seats, rear carpet…items like that. Of corse they all came with the “blue coil” or the funny rear wheels to fit the different rear differential, they had to.
Here is a fun one for you. Look at this document and look at the date. If this is true then there were no running four speed cars before April 1st?? If I’m reading this correctly that means there were no 4 speed cars up and running before 4/1. That means these cars were delivered to the racers and you could not even get them in gear.

image.jpg

As for front bumper, brackets and bolts this is the only info I can find.

image.jpg

Looking through the original paper work that I have, this is what I have found. In this photo it shows the part number for the thinner bumper, pn# 2836913. Then it shows the new replacement pn# 2768584 and 2768585. In the description it says “outer”. Are they referring to the small outer brackets that goes from the bumper to the fender or the actual outer bumper brackets??

View attachment 1715922110

That part number 2768584-5 for outer support shows in the 1968 parts book as the "support, outer" bracket that attaches to front frame rail.

B is for Barracuda.

2EF31B1F-ED50-4CC0-8CBB-84E935D2D54A.jpeg

688FB45A-09AC-4D5B-9907-95D4B1CCC486.jpeg

-
Back